Dawes Audax 02 or 03

Mick

Guest
Any opinions on Dawes Audax 02 or 03. 02 looks good value at the moment

> Any opinions on Dawes Audax 02 or 03. 02 looks good value at the moment

I bought the 02 at the end of last year when Evans cut the price to £600 from £800 and am quite
pleased. I only had an old Kona MTB, so the intention was for the Dawes Audax to be a road bike
which could also be used for occasional touring. So far it's only been used for road training and
it's a little heavy and low spec components for the "full" price, but is still a joy to ride. The
tyres are not very good though (Schwalbe Blizzards) and puncture a hell of a lot (rear tyre went
4 times in 3 weeks), but since I've changed to Conti Duraskins I've not had a puncture yet
(several months).

Hope this helps

WBT

just to add to what i said, i used it for fun sprint(ish!) road rides , 100mile day ride, and a
weeks touring round holland, it did all of them easily...unlike me!

panda

"panda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> i had a audax a few years ago (2001) until it got nicked and i really
loved
> it!
>
> panda
>

> "Mick" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Any opinions on Dawes Audax 02 or 03. 02 looks good value at the moment

In message <[email protected]>, dannyfrankszzz
<[email protected]> writes
>In addition to this Holland is more densely populated than any other country in Western Europe but
>they seem to be able to cope with traffic problems.

You've obviously never been stuck on the Eindhoven Ring or on the Utrecht-Amsterdam motorway. But
the Dutch (like the Germans) do seems to have got their heads around multimodal transport.

The situation with Dutch cycling infrastructure is interesting. It strikes me that, somewhat
paradoxically but in common with some other mainland European countries, they have more space than
in the UK.

Perhaps it's because more of them live in apartments and they use more of their land area - no
deserted areas like most of Scotland and Wales.
--
Michael MacClancy

WideboyThin <[email protected]> wrote
> The tyres are not very good though (Schwalbe Blizzards) and puncture a
hell
> of a lot (rear tyre went 4 times in 3 weeks), but since I've changed to Conti Duraskins I've not
> had a puncture yet (several months).

Punctures are like buses - none for ages, then a whole load come along all together.

I had 2 at once once - hit a pothole and got a snakebite in the rear, then as I was taking the wheel
out, heard the hissing from a thorn in the front.

"Andrew Sweetman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...

> I had 2 at once once - hit a pothole and got a snakebite in the rear, then as I was taking the
> wheel out, heard the hissing from a thorn in the front.

Yes, that sort of thing can be a bit demotivating.

--
Dave...

my mate managed to get 5 in 15miles on saturday

panda

news:[email protected]...