Day 11 - one more to go... (a new commuters Journal)

Lee

Guest
Hi all,

Confession time. I didnt bike it home last night, reason being I wanted to pick up my new mobile and
didnt have time, so the girlfriend picked me up from work and we stashed the bike in her boot. How
guilty did i feel by not riding home.! Felt awful! Mind u, was a bit of a scorcher yesterday,
probably for the best.

Just got one more day at work before I leave for Teneriffe - 10 days of abusing my body with food
and alcohol! Then im back in the saddle again - im sure i can do it - heres hopin' eh.

Think when we get back (all being well) ill sell my car & get my bike serviced at LBS - cant hurt
and it isnt expensive - compared to say a car service!

Still enjoying the ride in and out of work and my log is making interesting reading - im shaving a
minute of my total time everyday - even though today i decided to take it easy and thought id be a
lot longer - weird!

Keep Peddlin'

Lee

"Lee" <gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Think when we get back (all being well) ill sell my car & get my bike serviced at LBS - cant hurt
> and it isnt expensive - compared to say a car service!

Depends ..... it can be expensive .. I just spent over a hundred quid on parts for my bike.

"elyob" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Lee"
<gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com>
> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> > Think when we get back (all being well) ill sell my car & get my bike serviced at LBS - cant
> > hurt and it isnt expensive - compared to say a
car
> > service!
> >

> Depends ..... it can be expensive .. I just spent over a hundred quid on parts for my bike.

Still reasonable when compared to a car service that can stretch into the multi hundreds, and ill
bet your bottom dollar that that £100 made your bike run so much better - spend that on a car and
prolly not even notice.

God, im really sounding like a cyclist now ;-)

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 10:48:16 GMT, "elyob" <[email protected]> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>"Lee" <gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Think when we get back (all being well) ill sell my car & get my bike serviced at LBS - cant hurt
>> and it isnt expensive - compared to say a car service!
>>

>Depends ..... it can be expensive .. I just spent over a hundred quid on parts for my bike.

It is considered illegal to have a bike serviced without having at least on *upgrade* made at the
same time!

--
If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,
change the obvious bit to richard

In article <[email protected]>,
gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com says...
> Hi all,
>
> Confession time. I didnt bike it home last night, reason being I wanted to pick up my new mobile
> and didnt have time, so the girlfriend picked me up from work and we stashed the bike in her boot.
> How guilty did i feel by not riding home.! Felt awful! Mind u, was a bit of a scorcher yesterday,
> probably for the best.

i used to be a cyclist ... !! well, an almost cyclist at best really ;)

....sigh!

enjoy your holiday and make sure you get that ass back in the saddle once your back - none of this
i'll start again next week **** ... that ive been guilty of with my diet most of my adult life!!!

"doobrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com says...
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Confession time. I didnt bike it home last night, reason being I wanted
> > pick up my new mobile and didnt have time, so the girlfriend picked me
up
> > from work and we stashed the bike in her boot. How guilty did i feel by
not
> > riding home.! Felt awful! Mind u, was a bit of a scorcher yesterday, probably for the best.
>
> i used to be a cyclist ... !! well, an almost cyclist at best really ;)
>
> ....sigh!
>
> enjoy your holiday and make sure you get that ass back in the saddle once your back - none of this
> i'll start again next week **** ... that ive been guilty of with my diet most of my adult life!!!

ha ha, ill enjoy my hols and look forward to cycling when i get back! Im really into it now,
cant see my changing for the near future! How are your commutes coming along doobs? U get ur
bike repaired?

> > enjoy your holiday and make sure you get that ass back in the saddle once your back - none of
> > this i'll start again next week **** ... that ive been guilty of with my diet most of my adult
> > life!!!
>
> ha ha, ill enjoy my hols and look forward to cycling when i get back! Im really into it now, cant
> see my changing for the near future! How are your commutes coming along doobs? U get ur bike
> repaired?

agreed to the repair today, full crankset including bottom bracket ... only prob is they have to
order it in so im going to be bikeless for a few days ... i'll hit the commute again as soon as i
get it back

"doobrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> agreed to the repair today, full crankset including bottom bracket ... only prob is they have to
> order it in so im going to be bikeless for a few days ... i'll hit the commute again as soon as i
> get it back

Good on ya - its a strange feelin isnt it - commuting, hurts for a bit then its so nice, makes u
wonder why u had a car in the first place!

In article <[email protected]>,
gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com says...

> "doobrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
> > agreed to the repair today, full crankset including bottom bracket ... only prob is they have to
> > order it in so im going to be bikeless for a few days ... i'll hit the commute again as soon as
> > i get it back
>
> Good on ya - its a strange feelin isnt it - commuting, hurts for a bit then its so nice, makes u
> wonder why u had a car in the first place!

im way behind you on that remember ... my first test commute ride home broke my bike ;)

"doobrie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,

> im way behind you on that remember ... my first test commute ride home broke my bike ;)

LOL but its the thought that counts - remember ive only been doing this for a week now - feels like
ive been doing it for much longer!

The ONLY downside to it is that I get tired in an evening very quickly and I can be asleep in bed
for 9 - i presume this is normal and ill "get better" so to speak!?

> > im way behind you on that remember ... my first test commute ride home broke my bike ;)
>
> LOL but its the thought that counts - remember ive only been doing this for a week now - feels
> like ive been doing it for much longer!
>
> The ONLY downside to it is that I get tired in an evening very quickly and I can be asleep in bed
> for 9 - i presume this is normal and ill "get better" so to speak!?

yeah, any new exercise regime that tests your current limits will have this effect especially as its
a daily thing rather than every other day or so .... thats what i'll have to build upto ... 15 miles
each way plus occasionally my work can be physical too wouldnt go down too well right now, but im
sure it'll come to me quite quickly once i start regular with a nice fully working bike that manages
the whole route without falling apart

did i mention my bikes broke!!!!!!

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:53:51 +0100, "Lee"
<gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> in
<[email protected]> wrote:

>The ONLY downside to it is that I get tired in an evening very quickly and I can be asleep in bed
>for 9 - i presume this is normal and ill "get better" so to speak!?

You WILL get better....it won't be long before you are able to divert off your main route and do a
few extra miles before still going to bed at 9 :)

--
If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,
change the obvious bit to richard

"Richard Bates" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:53:51 +0100, "Lee"
> <gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverymuch.btinternet.com> in
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >The ONLY downside to it is that I get tired in an evening very quickly
and I
> >can be asleep in bed for 9 - i presume this is normal and ill "get
better"
> >so to speak!?
>
> You WILL get better....it won't be long before you are able to divert off your main route and do a
> few extra miles before still going to bed at 9 :)
>
> --
> If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit. To mail me,
> change the obvious bit to richard

Its the going to bed at 9 thats the problem!