Dayton Area MTB riding & racing

Barry Croker

Guest
Hello all I'll be moving to Wright-Patterson AFB this summer, and I'm looking for information about
the local cycling scene. I'm not too sure where I'll live yet (any suggestions on this question are
appreciated too), but I'm looking for fast road rides and MTB racing of one sort or another. I've
found a few websites for touring clubs, but not a lot of team sites. Thanks in advance for any help,
maybe I'll see you this summer. Barry

"Barry Croker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello all

> I'll be moving to Wright-Patterson AFB this summer, and I'm looking for information about the
> local cycling scene. I'm not too sure where I'll live yet (any suggestions on this question are
> appreciated too),

Barry - Take a look at Yellow Springs. It's a small (4500 population) community about 7 miles east
of WPAFB. I ride there all the time. Beautiful country roads and 70 miles of bike paths also. It's
kinda the hub of cycling in this area. I have led a training ride out of there every Sunday
afternoon for the last 5-6 years. Very flat though. You have to go south of Dayton to get any decent
hill workouts.

> but I'm looking for fast road rides and MTB racing of one sort or another.

Best fast road ride is on Wed. evenings at Walnut Grove starting in April - north of Dayton (about
1/2 hour drive) from WPAFB. Usually have about 10 guys (cat 2,3,4's). Dayton is pretty much dead as
far as road racing is concerned (very few racers) but we have a great TT's series with about 75-80
riders turning out each month. Best riders are in the 28.5mph area. Best mountain biking around here
is at Ceaser's Creek preserve. Not a ton of mountain bikers but a few.

> I've found a few websites for touring clubs, but not a lot of team sites.

Try this site - http://www.teamdaytoncycling.com/ also Airborne has a team. You might want to check
their site out also. I think it's Airborne.com or close.

Save my Email address and Email me when you get here and I can hook you up with everybody that races
around here.

Seth Moore

Team Airborne's web site is: www.teamairborne.net

"Barry Croker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Hello all I'll be moving to Wright-Patterson AFB this summer, and I'm looking for information
> about the local cycling scene. I'm not too sure where I'll live yet (any suggestions on this
> question are appreciated too), but I'm looking for fast road rides and MTB racing of one sort or
> another. I've found a few websites for touring clubs, but not a lot of team sites.

Check here to get a feel for the mountain biking scene:
http://www.joinomba.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi