De Panne chaos

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Jtn, Apr 2, 2003.

  1. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    what the hell? who knows the inside on this one. how the hell could you say baldato won. trouve knew
    what was up so he attacked early for that purpose. this is just a joke of a race now.

    from cycling news:
    >when the peloton came to the foot of the Kemmelberg. At that stage, there
    were three leaders in the race: Kristof Trouvé (Palmans), James Vanlandschoot (Vlaanderen-T Interim)
    and Daniel Becke (Coast), who had more than a five minute gap to the peloton. The trio crossed the
    Kemmelberg in the cold rain and strong winds, that lashed the riders intermittently all day long.
    But the peloton came to a halt at the foot of the climb and refused to go over it.

    Baldato wins contentious stage

    baldato didnt WIN shit. he was given a nice gift though....

    Tags:

  2. Oldphart

    Oldphart Guest

    I assume (perhaps erroniously) that you read and understood the entire article, not just the part
    you snipped?

  3. "JTN" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > what the hell? who knows the inside on this one. how the hell could you
    say
    > baldato won. trouve knew what was up so he attacked early for that
    purpose.
    > this is just a joke of a race now.

    I wonder what the commisaires' excuse was for not imposing the 10 minute penalty? It's a rule right?

    Interesting stuff, especially since the Kemmelberg is traditionally part of the race.

    Has David Millar-itis infected the entire peloton? The events seem grossly unfair to the 3
    breakaway riders.

  4. Kyle Legate

    Kyle Legate Guest

    Kurgan Gringioni wrote:

    > Has David Millar-itis infected the entire peloton? The events seem grossly unfair to the 3
    > breakaway riders.

    I certainly hope that this kind of rider protest does not become acceptable. It should not be up to
    the riders to decide which obstacle they will face as they approach it. They don't set the course,
    the organizers do. They should have been penalized the full 10 minutes, and fined, if that is also
    in the rules. What's next? "Wah, the Arenberg's too muddy this year, let's ride around it."

  5. Jtn

    Jtn Guest

    exactly. they should have been penalized and one of the three should have won. they knew before the
    race where the route was. if you want to protest tell your damn manager not to sign you up for the
    race and let them do the protesting. we have people dying in fricken iraq for some stupid reason and
    these pansies cant ride over a bumpy slick road because they "might" crash......... between the
    drugs and this crap you can bet your ass cycling is going to be less popular in america even with
    armstrong......

  6. Bart

    Bart Guest

    You are welcome to post under your real name, Andrei (Tchmil). ;-)

    Seriously, Tchmil who crashed badly there last year, agrees they are cry-babies.

  7. Nick Burns

    Nick Burns Guest

    This is connected to what happened to Kivilev. Forget about Millar, like everyone else has.