De Ronde

Andrija

Feb 16, 2005
Who can beat Quickstep?
I'd just hate to ride in Flanders this year with task to break them. It looks like suicide mission.

Andrija said:
Who can beat Quickstep?
I'd just hate to ride in Flanders this year with task to break them. It looks like suicide mission.
No idea but I know what I'm doing on Sunday.

mrfrogger said:
No idea but I know what I'm doing on Sunday.
I'm looking forward to Sunday too. Watching De Geshiedenis Van De Ronde Van Vlaanderen and hoping for bad weather.

Should be a dandy. Quick Step is not invincible, Boonen lost a sprint last weekend, got beat most of the time earlier in the season. They have a lot of weapons, but will be under the microscope.

Booned isn't really a field sprinter anymore, there are other people who are much faster than him at that. But come the end of the Ronde, after all those climbs, he'll be the fastest finisher. Should be at least a couple of people who try to go from a way out like Devolder did last year so it could be an interesting afternoons racing!

Andrija said:
He's good, he's in form, but I doubt.
Pozzato wasn't my favourite until I saw the way he rode in E3 Prijs on Saturday and then Monday in the 3 Days. On Saturday he stuck to Boonnen's escape and then rode a very canny race in order that he'd outsprint Tom. His attacks on the climbs on Tuesday were very impressive, almost looked easy. Plus, he's talking himself down too much, just like Cavendish was before MSR!

The Hussler.

Der German from Australia.

Got on a good doping plan, riding the peloton off his wheel.

Get on him. NOW! Go "Hussler" GO!

Hausler, Pozatto are the men in form that's for sure.

But has Hausler ever shown in the northern classics before?

wicklow200 said:
But has Hausler ever shown in the northern classics before?
To (partly) answer my own question - 91st in 2008 Ronde

And he's changed his name to Hausler with a double 's'. It now looks like this - Haussler.

wicklow200 said:
To (partly) answer my own question - 91st in 2008 Ronde

And he's changed his name to Hausler with a double 's'. It now looks like this - Haussler.
His hair has changed too since this picture.

Haussler%203.png