De Ronde

Discussion in 'Professional Cycling' started by Andrija, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Flyer

Flyer Banned

eer

2. Andrija

Andrija Member

My pick is Boonen. Not very original, but realistic. After last year's outcome, Devolder should return the favor. QS has riders to follow every break and to launch Boonen. Haussler, Pozzato & co. should think twice before they decide which break to follow.

3. classic1

classic1 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't it be spelt Haußler then?

4. Flyer

Flyer Banned

sssd

5. Grater

Grater New Member

This is Pozzato's race.

Haussler will get Roubaix instead.

6. Andrija

Andrija Member

Not experience enough for De Ronde and not tough enough for Roubaix.

7. swampy1970

swampy1970 Well-Known Member

So he doesn't look like a transvestite anymore then?

8. Andrija

Andrija Member

Well, it was mission impossible to break Quick Step after all. Pozzato was concentrated on Boonen, QS realized that and played on Devolder - Chavanel duo. With that kind of line up it's truly hard to outfox them.

9. Grater

Grater New Member

Another second.

Still think experience matters? Haussler has ridden Roubaix 4 times and each time has been sick or injured.

Haussler wins Roubaix. Thunder has been saying that for the last few weeks and I agree with him.

Cavendish proved in MSR experience means fuck all if you're a good rider. Haussler is having luck this year. No injuries. No sickness. Good form. He is strong enough to win Roubaix IMO.

10. oely

oely New Member

His 2nd today didnt really prove anything as far as have mastered RVV. It wasnt like he finished in a group with Boonen, Pozzato, Ballan, Hoste and co... It was a strange race, and he was just part of a very large group comming in at the end. Had it came down to attacks on the last berg or so, he would not of been able to follow the likes of Boonen and Pozzato.

Plus in his own words, he didnt have the legs.

He wont be winning Roubaix.

11. Andrija

Andrija Member

Riding on cobbles is very different from riding on smooth Italian asphalt - experience matters.
    Haussler has fallen today, but was able to get back to the group. If he falls next Sunday, I doubt he'll finish the race.

12. Flyer

Flyer Banned

sddd

13. thunder

thunder New Member

can't win Grates. His legs are shot.

Rabo were shite too.

Wonder if Flecha will come to play at Roubaix. Where was Goussev/Gusev? Is he injured? I thought he would have been riding Flanders.

14. classic1

I thought Gusev got kicked off Astana by the Hog for having dodgy blood values?

Nuyens and Flecha were ok IMO.

15. thunder

thunder New Member

he is on katusha classic1.

he has already had some top 10's. If you remember one year, think 07, when the railway crossing at Roubaix, Gusev and Flecha looked the strongest.

16. classic1

That was one of the most boring negative RVV's I have ever seen. Stop start stop start. Attack, sit up, let fat dropped cnuts get back on.

WTF was Pozzato doing? I've decided Pozzato is a tosser. Pose-ato. Pooftah. I think he was just perving on Boonens arse. Then Devolder slaughtered the big gheybo when he went.

Silence-Lotto rode like dickheads letting Chavanel and Devolder get up the road like that. Hoste will never win the Ronde. He should set his sites lower. I suggest the Knokke-Heist kermesse in August. Pose-ato rode like a dickhead. Quinziato is a dickhead. What was he yelling about at Chavanel? No way was Chavanel going to chase with Devolder up the road and Boonen behind. Rabowank, Cervelo Test Tubes and Saxospank all had numbers in the finale and did fark all. No use attacking you wankers when the race is a friggin minute up the road with 15km to go.

Kudos to Devolder and Van Hecke though. They took the race by the scruff of the neck. Honorable mention to Chavanel and Quinziato even though he is a dickhead.

I'll tell you what, the last two monuments have been among the worst classics I have ever seen. Negative boring racing. The racing has missed the likes of Cancellara, O'Grady and Ballan IMO. Hopefully they attack the shit out of one another at Wevelgem, Roubaix and in the Ardennes classics but I'm not holding my breath. Pray for wind and rain or even better snow.

17. thunder

thunder New Member

meant Gusev had top 10's this year. In normal UCI racing.

In the classics, he was the youngest rider to ever ride all monuments. IMO, strongest in 2007 in Roubaix. Think he was dq'ed.

18. classic1

How old? I call BS on that.

19. thunder

thunder New Member

22 on csc

20. thunder

thunder New Member

lol

http://72.14.235.132/search?q=cache:z8d3Y9k7f-sJ:vladimirgusev.over-blog.com/+"vladimir+gusev"+"youngest+rider"+classics&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au