De Rosa bottom bracket threads

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:15:57 -0800, "* * Chas"
<[email protected]> wrote:
>"Ozark Bicycle" <[email protected]> wrote in
>message news:[email protected]...

>> That's only when you weren't dealing with those damned SU carbs and
>> those Gawd-Awful Lucas electricals! Oh, then there's those weak-kneed
>> cooling systems.....

>Joseph Lucas (or his son Harry) supposedly said "No god fearing man has
>any business being out after 8:00PM.".

He's not known as the Prince Of Darkness for nothing.

Jasper

On 23 Nov 2006 05:46:03 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>balderdash...properly prepped frames and properly installed Italian
>threaded BBs do not unscrew. I have ridden DeRosa, Simoncini, Merckx,
>Mondonico, Ciocc, and have never had one unscrew that I installed, nor
>any of my customers. Don't need 'superhuman' torque...

That's fine, but some people apparently have this problem. This means that
either you're doing something different or you're just doing it better,
and I'm inclined to the latter theory. There is still no practical
*ad*vantage to double-right-hand-threads, though, and apparently
(supported by oh so many lurkers in email, of course) for many people it's
easier to get installation correct with a left/right thread system.

Jasper

On 22 Nov, 00:20, "Qui si parla Campagnolo" <[email protected]> wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > Hello,

> > I've bought an aluminum De Rosa UG frame, similar to a Merak, I think.
> > I just wanted to confirm that it would have a 70 mm Italian threaded
> > bottom bracket.

> > -Ericthat is correct, all DeRosa's are the far superior Italian thread.

standing ovation...
Luca

"Jasper Janssen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On 23 Nov 2006 05:46:03 -0800, "Qui si parla Campagnolo"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >balderdash...properly prepped frames and properly installed Italian
> >threaded BBs do not unscrew. I have ridden DeRosa, Simoncini, Merckx,
> >Mondonico, Ciocc, and have never had one unscrew that I installed,

nor
> >any of my customers. Don't need 'superhuman' torque...

> That's fine, but some people apparently have this problem. This means

that
> either you're doing something different or you're just doing it

better,
> and I'm inclined to the latter theory. There is still no practical
> *ad*vantage to double-right-hand-threads, though, and apparently
> (supported by oh so many lurkers in email, of course) for many people

it's
> easier to get installation correct with a left/right thread system.
>
> Jasper

Especially figuring out which side the chainrings go on.... ;-)

Chas.