Dead puppies: I LIKE em!

Mlb

Guest
to quote an old Saturday Night Live skit. Just seemed timely. umm....... I once had a semi close
call with a puppy while riding my BikeE.

MLB <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

> to quote an old Saturday Night Live skit. Just seemed timely. umm....... I once had a semi close
> call with a puppy while riding my BikeE.

They don't come when you call, They don't chase cars at all. Dead puppies aren't much fun.

-- r May all beings be happy. May they be joyous and live in safety. All living beings, whether weak
or strong, in high or middle or low realms of existence, small or great, visible or invisible, near
or far, born or to be born, Let no one deceive another, nor despise any being in any state; Let none
by anger or hatred wish harm to another. Even as a mother at the risk of her life watches over and
protects her only child, so with a boundless mind should one cherish all living things,

And don't forget this one: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/t/tom-lehrer/138386.html

Thought the puppy song was Lehrer too but can't find a reference.

Dead puppies Dead puppies Dead puppies aren't much fun They don't come when you call They don't
chase squirrels at all Dead puppies aren't much fun

My puppy died late last fall He's still rotting in the hall Dead puppies aren't much fun Mom says
puppy's days are through She's gonna throw him in the stew Dead puppies aren't much fun

Dead puppies Dead puppies Dead puppies aren't much fun

Dead puppies Dead puppies Dead puppies aren't much fun

Dead puppies Dead puppies

Tom Lehrer's Poisoning Pigeons in the Park anyone?

Spring is here, a-suh-puh-ring is here. Life is skittles and life is beer. I think the loveliest
time of the year is the spring. I do, don't you? 'Course you do. But there's one thing that makes
spring complete for me, And makes ev'ry Sunday a treat for me.

All the world seems in tune On a spring afternoon, When we're poisoning pigeons in the park. Ev'ry
Sunday you'll see My sweetheart and me, As we poison the pigeons in the park.

When they see us coming, the birdies all try an' hide, But they still go for peanuts when coated
with cyanide. The sun's shining bright, Ev'rything seems all right, When we're poisoning pigeons
in the park.

Lalaalaalalaladoodiedieedoodoodoo

We've gained notoriety, And caused much anxiety In the Audubon Society With our games. They call it
impiety, And lack of propriety, And quite a variety Of unpleasant names. But it's not against any
religion To want to dispose of a pigeon.

So if Sunday you're free, Why don't you come with me, And we'll poison the pigeons in the park. And
maybe we'll do In a squirrel or two, While we're poisoning pigeons in the park.

We'll murder them all amid laughter and merriment. Except for the few we take home to experiment. My
pulse will be quickenin' With each drop of strychnine We feed to a pigeon. It just takes a smidgin!
To poison a pigeon in the park.

"Alma Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in news:J%Qhb.14511
[email protected]:

> TASTELESS "MLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> to quote an old Saturday Night Live skit. Just seemed timely. umm....... I once had a semi close
>> call with a puppy while riding my BikeE.

Actually, it was a SKIT involving a radio call in talk show. They couldn't get any calls so they got
more and more desparate. Finally resulting in "dead puppies, I LIKE them, call now" from the host.
Guess you've never seen SNL. Get a clue.

Well, it wasn't a puppy, but... Riding a few days ago on the pinellas trail in Florida. Dog's are
supposed to be on leashes. THe trail is nice in that it has many areas where a separate trail exists
for foot traffic, and one for bikes. A gentleman was walking his dog's. Two were on leashes, one
wasn't (it was his, as his third leash was unhooked). I was cruising fast at about 21 mph, and his
dog darted out in front of me. Two quick thoughts came in mind, run the dog over and teach him a
lesson (another advantage of the trike ;-). Stop the trike, and slap him around a little, teach him
a lesson. But, the reality is, either one wouldn't have done any good. I did yell for him to put the
dog on a leash. If I were him, though, it probably was a little bit funny....

"MLB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> to quote an old Saturday Night Live skit. Just seemed timely. umm....... I once had a semi close
> call with a puppy while riding my BikeE.

> and his dog darted out in front of me.

My bud rides a RANS Rocket. He is retired now but last year he commuted 'bout 16 miles each way.
'Bout 1/2 was in farm land, on a busy rode with nice bike lanes. He carries spray stuff to deter
dogs but tries not to use it. When dogs chase him he sprays in front of them so they won't get the
full effect, when possible. There is one farmer's house, has two good sized dogs. They come after
him purdy regular. This is 'bout 5:30 in the morning and it's dark. He hears the dogs start after
him 'Bark! Bark! Woof Woof!'. He pours on the coal but hears the dogs nails clicking on the pavement
as they cross the road. 'Bout that time a truck comes by, Screech! THUD! Now each morning only one
dog comes after him, but stays on his side of the road.