DEADLY OXYCONTIN'S APPEAL AS STRONG AS EVER

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Dr. Jai Maharaj, Jun 26, 2003.

  1. Deadly Oxycontin's appeal as strong as ever

    By Larry King
    Inquirer Staff Writer
    The Philadelhia Inquirer

    Richard Paolino, once considered the area's top illicit
    supplier of the narcotic painkiller OxyContin, has been
    jailed since his arrest in March 2001. The former
    Bensalem doctor is set to be sentenced today, and he
    could spend the rest of his life behind bars.

    But sidelining Paolino apparently has done little to slow
    the abuse of oxycodone - the active ingredient in
    OxyContin and similar drugs - which can give a heroin-
    like high if taken incorrectly.

    "I don't want to underestimate the impact of his arrest,"
    said Philadelphia Police Inspector Jeremiah Daley, until
    recently in charge of the city's narcotics division.
    Paolino "was a huge purveyor, but I also don't want to
    say that his arrest and conviction ended the problem."

    According to a survey of coroners and medical examiners,
    the drug caused or contributed to at least 92 deaths last
    year . . .
     [...]
    This is only an excerpt -- read the complete news at:
    http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/3507725.htm

    Jai Maharaj
    http://www.mantra.com/jai
    Om Shanti

    Panchaang for 27 Jyeshtth 5104, Thursday, June 26, 2003:

    Shubhanu Nama Samvatsare Dakshinaya Nartana Ritau
    Mithun Mase Krishna Pakshe Guru Vasara Yuktayam
    Krittik-Rohini Nakshatr Shool Yog
    Gar-Vanij Karan Trayodashi Yam Tithau

    Hindu Holocaust Museum
    http://www.mantra.com/holocaust

    Hindu life, principles, spirituality and philosophy
    http://www.hindu.org
    http://www.hindunet.org

    The truth about Islam and Muslims
    http://www.flex.com/~jai/satyamevajayate

    o Not for commercial use. Solely to be fairly used for the
    educational purposes of research and open discussion. The contents of
    this post may not have been authored by, and do not necessarily represent
    the opinion of the poster. The contents are protected by copyright law
    and the exemption for fair use of copyrighted works.
    considered or answered if it does not contain your full legal name,
    current e-mail and postal addresses, and live-voice telephone number.
    o Posted for information and discussion. Views expressed by others
    are not necessarily those of the poster.

    Tags:

  2. Laura

    Laura Guest

    >According to a survey of coroners and medical examiners,
    >the drug caused or contributed to at least 92 deaths last
    >year . . .

    Never mind all the lives it has saved.

    92 folks who abused ( crushed for a quick high) this medication died never mind
    the many thousands who may of committed suicide without proper pain control. Aw
    who cares abouut that right????
    Not sensational enough and don't sell news stories.

    DR tried it on me 2 weeks ago and found I am allergic to it Too bad because
    except for the nasty rash it worked wonderfuly.

    On a up note I have just today received my new tens unit with 12 settings. I
    have it set on my back right now on setting random modulation on setting 12 and
    it is just toning down the back pain. I will take what I can get.

    Going into pain management again on the 21st of July hopefully this pain doc
    don't have his head up his butt and listens to me and don't take the learn to
    live with it aproach.
    Laura, Keeper of the Hounds
    Servant to 4 Cats, Shadow, Terra, Storm, Shotzie.
    AKA
    Lady's and Boomer's Mom. Slave to the Cats.

  3. Laura, have you tried Yogic pain management techniques?
    If not, I suggest that you ask your doctor about them.

    Jai Maharaj
    http://www.mantra.com/jai
    Om Shanti

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Laura) posted:

    > >According to a survey of coroners and medical examiners,
    > >the drug caused or contributed to at least 92 deaths last
    > >year . . .

    > Never mind all the lives it has saved.
    >
    > 92 folks who abused ( crushed for a quick high) this medication died never
    > mind
    > the many thousands who may of committed suicide without proper pain control.
    > Aw
    > who cares abouut that right????
    > Not sensational enough and don't sell news stories.
    >
    > DR tried it on me 2 weeks ago and found I am allergic to it Too bad because
    > except for the nasty rash it worked wonderfuly.
    >
    > On a up note I have just today received my new tens unit with 12 settings. I
    > have it set on my back right now on setting random modulation on setting 12
    > and
    > it is just toning down the back pain. I will take what I can get.
    >

    > Going into pain management again on the 21st of July hopefully this pain doc
    > don't have his head up his butt and listens to me and don't take the learn to
    > live with it aproach.
    > Laura, Keeper of the Hounds
    > Servant to 4 Cats, Shadow, Terra, Storm, Shotzie.
    > AKA
    > Lady's and Boomer's Mom. Slave to the Cats.

  4. Laura

    Laura Guest

    >Laura, have you tried Yogic pain management techniques?
    >If not, I suggest that you ask your doctor about them.

    Take your Yoga and shove it.

    Another rip off
    Laura, Keeper of the Hounds
    Servant to 4 Cats, Shadow, Terra, Storm, Shotzie.
    AKA
    Lady's and Boomer's Mom. Slave to the Cats.

  5. Clueless

    Clueless Guest

    Good luck with your pain doc Laura. We know how rare it is for a
    doctor not to suffer with head up butt sydrome.

    Clue

    On 26 Jun 2003 23:19:08 GMT, [email protected] (Laura) wrote:

    >Going into pain management again on the 21st of July hopefully this pain doc
    >don't have his head up his butt and listens to me and don't take the learn to
    >live with it aproach.
    > Laura, Keeper of the Hounds
    > Servant to 4 Cats, Shadow, Terra, Storm, Shotzie.
    > AKA
    > Lady's and Boomer's Mom. Slave to the Cats.

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Laura) posted:

    >> Laura, have you tried Yogic pain management techniques?
    >> If not, I suggest that you ask your doctor about them.

    > Take your Yoga and shove it.
    > Another rip off

    Perhaps how it is marketed by some in the West is fraudulent,
    but your defamation of a science that has been practiced for
    for thousands of years is unwarranted -- espcially since you
    do not seem to have ever studied it.

    Jai Maharaj
    http://www.mantra.com/jai
    Om Shanti

  7. Ed Chait

    Ed Chait Guest

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >According to a survey of coroners and medical examiners,
    > >the drug caused or contributed to at least 92 deaths last
    > >year . . .

    > Never mind all the lives it has saved.
    >
    > 92 folks who abused ( crushed for a quick high) this medication died never

    mind
    > the many thousands who may of committed suicide without proper pain

    control. Aw
    > who cares abouut that right????
    > Not sensational enough and don't sell news stories.
    >
    > DR tried it on me 2 weeks ago and found I am allergic to it Too bad

    because
    > except for the nasty rash it worked wonderfuly.

    If you have an addictive type of personality at all, be very vigilant, or
    you may wind up being addicted to opiate pain meds. Oxycontin has a great
    potential for abuse, and like other opiates, if taken long-term, tolerance
    develops and increasing doses are required.

    A lot of people who never imagined that they would become addicted, become
    total junkies on prescription pain meds, and not that many doctors are
    skilled at treating addicted patients.

    Ed Chait, RDCS

  8. arthur wouk

    arthur wouk Guest

    don't feed the trolls.
    --
    a wise person once said "what good is a smart bomb if you have a dumb
    president?" - aaron mcgruder

    to email me, delete blackhole. from my return address

  9. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Dr. Jai Maharaj wrote:
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > [email protected] (Laura) posted:
    >

    >>>Laura, have you tried Yogic pain management techniques?
    >>>If not, I suggest that you ask your doctor about them.

    >>Take your Yoga and shove it.
    >>Another rip off

    > Perhaps how it is marketed by some in the West is fraudulent,

    You'd know all about FRAUD wouldn't, "Dr" ahaha

    > but your defamation of a science that has been practiced for
    > for thousands of years is unwarranted

    No science there

    > -- espcially since you
    > do not seem to have ever studied it.

    How about I come over, give you arthritis, and then you go practice yoga
    and report back how it feels? LOL

    GAGF

  10. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Ed Chait wrote:
    > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    > news:p[email protected]
    >
    >>Ed Chait wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    > never
    >
    >>>mind

    >>>control. Aw

    >>>because

    >>>If you have an addictive type of personality at all, be very vigilant,

    > or
    >
    >>>you may wind up being addicted to opiate pain meds. Oxycontin has a

    > great
    >
    >>>potential for abuse, and like other opiates, if taken long-term,

    > tolerance
    >
    >>>develops and increasing doses are required.
    >>>
    >>>A lot of people who never imagined that they would become addicted,

    > become
    >
    >>>total junkies on prescription pain meds, and not that many doctors are
    >>>skilled at treating addicted patients
    >>>
    >>>Ed Chait, RDCS
    >>>

    >>Let's go right back to the dark ages of surgery, Eddy, and give the
    >>patients a bullett to bite on and a bottle of whiskey. You bloody idiot.
    >>
    >>--

    > Whiskey? No, that can be very addictive also, if you have an addictive
    > personality.

    That's a nice little sound bite phrase, 'addictive personality', that
    really means nothing.

    --

    Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
    donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person

    spam trap: replace shyah_right with hotmail when replying

  11. Laura

    Laura Guest

    >Perhaps how it is marketed by some in the West is fraudulent,
    >but your defamation of a science that has been practiced for
    >for thousands of years is unwarranted -- espcially since you
    >do not seem to have ever studied it.

    Get bent.
    Two of the pain management Drs I have gone to are from India both sugested it
    and offered classes for an high price.

    Just another way to squeeze money out of the desperate
    Laura, Keeper of the Hounds
    Servant to 4 Cats, Shadow, Terra, Storm, Shotzie.
    AKA
    Lady's and Boomer's Mom. Slave to the Cats.

  12. In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Laura) posted:

    >> Perhaps how it is marketed by some in the West is fraudulent,
    >> but your defamation of a science that has been practiced for
    >> for thousands of years is unwarranted -- espcially since you
    >> do not seem to have ever studied it. - Jai Maharaj

    > Get bent.
    > Two of the pain management Drs I have gone to are from India both
    > sugested it and offered classes for an high price.
    > Just another way to squeeze money out of the desperate

    What are the doctors' names, and what were they charging
    for classes? There are classes in many cities that cost
    less han what you' pay to go to the movies. Another point:
    do you pay high prices for anything at all -- mortgage or
    rent, insurance, computer, dining out, car, electronic
    equipment, travel, clothing . . .?

    Jai Maharaj
    http://www.mantra.com/jai
    Om Shanti

  13. Ed Chait

    Ed Chait Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ed Chait wrote:
    > > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    > > news:p[email protected]

    > > never

    > > or

    > > great

    > > tolerance

    > > become

    > >>Let's go right back to the dark ages of surgery, Eddy, and give the
    > >>patients a bullett to bite on and a bottle of whiskey. You bloody

    idiot.

    > >>--

    > > Whiskey? No, that can be very addictive also, if you have an addictive

    > > personality.

    > That's a nice little sound bite phrase, 'addictive personality', that
    > really means nothing.

    Not if you're an addict.

    Ed Chait

  14. Ed Chait

    Ed Chait Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]

    > That's a nice little sound bite phrase, 'addictive personality', that
    > really means nothing.

    It means everything, if you're in a situation where you have to take pain
    meds.

    You see, the root problem of the person addicted to any substance is not the
    substance, it's the addiction.

    Ed Chait, RDCS

  15. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Ed Chait wrote:
    > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >

    >>That's a nice little sound bite phrase, 'addictive personality', that
    >>really means nothing.
    >>

    > It means everything, if you're in a situation where you have to take pain
    > meds.
    >
    > You see, the root problem of the person addicted to any substance is not the
    > substance, it's the addiction.
    >
    > Ed Chait, RDCS

    There is no such thing as the "addictive personality" or "addictive
    personality disorder". It's made up pseudo psychology.

    --

    Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
    donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person
    on the recipient list. Call your local Red Cross and ask about
    registering to be a bone marrow donor.

    spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying

  16. Ed Chait

    Ed Chait Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ed Chait wrote:
    > > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]
    > >

    > >>That's a nice little sound bite phrase, 'addictive personality', that
    > >>really means nothing.
    > >>

    > > It means everything, if you're in a situation where you have to take

    pain
    > > meds.
    > >
    > > You see, the root problem of the person addicted to any substance is not

    the
    > > substance, it's the addiction.
    > >
    > > Ed Chait, RDCS
    > >

    > There is no such thing as the "addictive personality" or "addictive
    > personality disorder". It's made up pseudo psychology.
    >
    > --

    Some people become addicted to substances that alter their moods, some do
    not.

    Those that do, are different in some ways than those who do not. One of the
    ways they are different is in how they think.

    Ed Chait, RDCS

  17. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Ed Chait wrote:
    > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Ed Chait wrote:
    >>
    >>>"spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right.com> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>It means everything, if you're in a situation where you have to take

    > pain
    >
    >>>meds.
    >>>
    >>>You see, the root problem of the person addicted to any substance is not

    > the
    >
    >>>substance, it's the addiction.
    >>>
    >>>Ed Chait, RDCS
    >>>

    >>There is no such thing as the "addictive personality" or "addictive
    >>personality disorder". It's made up pseudo psychology.
    >>
    >>--

    > Some people become addicted to substances that alter their moods, some do
    > not.

    There's a lot more to addiction than 'mood' alteration!

    > Those that do, are different in some ways than those who do not.

    Not always.

    > One of the
    > ways they are different is in how they think.

    And this sentence is supposed to be evidence for the existence of an
    "addictive personality"? LOL What a bunch of horseshit.

    --

    Are you registered as a bone marrow donor? You regenerate what you
    donate. You are offered the chance to donate only if you match a person
    on the recipient list. Call your local Red Cross and ask about
    registering to be a bone marrow donor.

    spam trap: replace shyah_right! with hotmail when replying

  18. Ed Chait

    Ed Chait Guest

    "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Ed Chait wrote:
    > > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]

    > > pain

    not

    > > the

    > >>There is no such thing as the "addictive personality" or "addictive
    > >>personality disorder". It's made up pseudo psychology.
    > >>
    > >>--

    > > Some people become addicted to substances that alter their moods, some

    do
    > > not.

    > There's a lot more to addiction than 'mood' alteration!

    True, but I'm trying to keep it simple for you.

    > > Those that do, are different in some ways than those who do not.

    >Not always.

    In my experience, always.

    > > One of the
    > > ways they are different is in how they think.

    > And this sentence is supposed to be evidence for the existence of an
    > "addictive personality"? LOL What a bunch of horseshit.

    No, the evidence for me is the people I have known and the funerals I have
    attended.

    Regards,

    Ed Chait

  19. Mike Dubbeld

    Mike Dubbeld Guest

    Dharma Singh Khalsa is an American in Arizona who is a Medical Doctor
    that specializes in Pain Management. I know of him from his book
    Brain Longevity in which he pioneered alternate pharmacological
    ideas and is quite famous for. He has a fairly new book out called
    "The Pain Cure.'
    http://www.twbookmark.com/authors/20/317/critical_praise.html
    When you are in pain you can not think straight. If you have your doubts
    about Khalsa I suggest you simply do a search on his name on the web.

    good luck,
    Mike Dubbeld

    "Laura" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > >Perhaps how it is marketed by some in the West is fraudulent,
    > >but your defamation of a science that has been practiced for
    > >for thousands of years is unwarranted -- espcially since you
    > >do not seem to have ever studied it.

    > Get bent.
    > Two of the pain management Drs I have gone to are from India both

    sugested it
    > and offered classes for an high price.
    >
    > Just another way to squeeze money out of the desperate
    > Laura, Keeper of the Hounds
    > Servant to 4 Cats, Shadow, Terra, Storm, Shotzie.
    > AKA
    > Lady's and Boomer's Mom. Slave to the Cats.

  20. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    Ed Chait wrote:
    > "spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    >
    >>Ed Chait wrote:
    >>
    >>>"spodosaurus" <[email protected]_right!.com> wrote in message
    >>>news:[email protected]

    >>>pain

    > not
    >
    >>>the

    >>>Some people become addicted to substances that alter their moods, some

    > do
    >
    >>>not.

    >>There's a lot more to addiction than 'mood' alteration!
    >>

    > True, but I'm trying to keep it simple for you.

    I've finished undergrad in psych, and have moved on, so there's really
    no need :)

    >>>Those that do, are different in some ways than those who do not.

    >>Not always.

    > In my experience, always.

    Your experience lacks comprehension.

    >>> One of the
    >>>ways they are different is in how they think.

    >>And this sentence is supposed to be evidence for the existence of an
    >>"addictive personality"? LOL What a bunch of horseshit.
    >>

    > No, the evidence for me is the people I have known and the funerals I have
    > attended.

    You believe in a myth, how typical.