dealing with a head cold

izatt82

Mar 19, 2007
anybody have sugestions? i have been out of commision for a few days but i think im ready to ride again should i take it easy? be worried about being sick again?

anything else i just don't want to make it worst for my self
thanks guys

ahhh its like this sinus deal more annoying than anything but im coming around.

I still have a sinus cold when it was at it's worst before bed I took oil of oregano and advil so I could sleep. I only had one bad workout day through the whole ordeal I wouldn't go and attempt a personal best though.

izatt82 said:
anybody have sugestions? i have been out of commision for a few days but i think im ready to ride again should i take it easy? be worried about being sick again?

anything else i just don't want to make it worst for my self
thanks guys

aah i get you now. I used to get them (but i dont do "great" distance cycling just yet).

I fixed mine by drinking a cup of coffee before i leave (to ensure its not due to lack of caffine), and ensuring i drink plenty of water whilst out.

If its a cold day i'll also put a wooly hat on underneath my helmet. Instructions on hat say not to wear anything else with the hat, but i figure it cant do that much harm as long as i keep the hat fixed on nice and tight.

doesn't GET RID of it, but it has reduced it a great deal.

Neilmed http://www.neilmed.com/ sinus rinse. Gets the **** out, keeps sinus infection chances down.

OTC cold treatments that keep congestion down.

Watch peak load, keep from getting worn out.

That's about all I do. I just use pseudofed (however that's spelled!). Probably better things out there I haven't bothered figuring out.

Sinus rinse is very important.