Dear Chain Reaction Mike J.:

Dear Chain Reaction Mike J:
Hiya! You recently reported in your "almost daily diary" about an
interesting lobbying trip you'd taken to Washington DC. Alas, as my
current Congressional Representative is "the Honorable Vacancy"
(formerly Randall "Duke" Cunningham, Vietnam War ace and confessed
bribe-taker) I don't have someone direct to write to, BUT:
1) Whom would you like me to write to about the need for cycling
funding and support AND
2) What would you like me to write to them about, specifically?

Thanks! Typing during a sunny day WHAT AM I THINKING?

Robert Leone [email protected]

> Dear Chain Reaction Mike J:
> Hiya! You recently reported in your "almost daily diary" about an
> interesting lobbying trip you'd taken to Washington DC. Alas, as my
> current Congressional Representative is "the Honorable Vacancy"
> (formerly Randall "Duke" Cunningham, Vietnam War ace and confessed
> bribe-taker) I don't have someone direct to write to, BUT:
> 1) Whom would you like me to write to about the need for cycling
> funding and support AND
> 2) What would you like me to write to them about, specifically?
>
> Thanks! Typing during a sunny day WHAT AM I THINKING?
>
> Robert Leone [email protected]

Sorry I missed this one for a bit. OK, looks like you're in Los Angeles. On
the national level, you have two Senators (Feinstein & Boxer) who should
both be receptive to the idea that more should be done to encourage cycling
as a way of getting the country less dependent upon foreign policy that's
based on oil (availability & price). At the state level, we have Arnold
pushing for big transportation infrastructure projects; it's essential that
we keep cycling on his mind, as well as that of your local state
representatives.

But you've probably got some local sources of information that can be of
more help than I. Check out http://www.labikecoalition.org/ for starters;
you'll find a request for a letter-writing campaign to include a bicycle
coordinator position for CalTrans in your area.

You can also get some ideas from-

http://www.calbike.org/

and

http://americabikes.org/

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 14:56:32 -0700, rleone wrote:

> Dear Chain Reaction Mike J:
> Hiya! You recently reported in your "almost daily diary" about an
> interesting lobbying trip you'd taken to Washington DC. Alas, as my
> current Congressional Representative is "the Honorable Vacancy"

Alas? You've got better representation than most of us. Perhaps you
could convince him to run for the Presidency.

--

David L. Johnson

__o | "It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster." --Greg LeMond
_`\(,_ |