Death Matches

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by elzinator, Jan 31, 2005.

  1. elzinator

    elzinator Guest

    Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
    change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."

    "Death Match: Adam and Queenie" ,
    "Death Match: The Johns"
    "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",
    "Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
    days)"
    "Death Match: Hanson and the Canadians".....

    Did I miss any?

    Or maybe start a new forum with your own moniker:
    alt.pissing.match.<insert names here>

    Back to the couch and the Nyquil......

    Tags:

  2. Adam Fahy

    Adam Fahy Guest

    elzinator wrote:
    > Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
    > change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."

    > "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

    You know you've got it bad when your flu starts trolling you.

    -Adam

  3. Lee Michaels

    Lee Michaels Guest

    "elzinator" wrote
    > "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

    Are you sure it is the flu??

    Or did you piss off some kinda natural life form on the ranch?

  4. elzinator

    elzinator Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:11:46 GMT, Adam Fahy wrote:
    >elzinator wrote:
    >> Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
    >> change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."

    >> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

    >You know you've got it bad when your flu starts trolling you.

    Good one, Adam.
    The Troll Flu (tm)
    second time in 31 days.

  5. Lucas Buck

    Lucas Buck Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:40:23 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
    >change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."
    >
    >"Death Match: Adam and Queenie" ,
    >"Death Match: The Johns"
    >"Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",
    >"Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
    >days)"

    Nah. Killing her now would be merciful. I'm waiting for the end of tax season,
    before the cruise.

  6. elzinator

    elzinator Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:

    >"elzinator" wrote
    >> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

    >Are you sure it is the flu??
    >
    >Or did you piss off some kinda natural life form on the ranch?

    It's more likely the flora and fauna from walking through the hospital
    emergency waiting area twice/day and the widely fluctuating temps
    here.

    Maybe I need to wear a mask and a sign that reads "Stay Away From Me!"

    The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
    "Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
    center.

    Nyquil is my friend.....and I'm falling asleep now....

    "The human genome stopped evolving thousands of years ago. The growth of our brains decided
    our bodies didn't need to evolve anymore. Perhaps that has now backfired."

  7. Justin Case

    Justin Case Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:
    >>
    >>"elzinator" wrote
    >>> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

    >>Are you sure it is the flu??
    >>
    >>Or did you piss off some kinda natural life form on the ranch?

    >It's more likely the flora and fauna from walking through the hospital
    >emergency waiting area twice/day and the widely fluctuating temps
    >here.
    >
    >Maybe I need to wear a mask and a sign that reads "Stay Away From Me!"

    Yeah, That one. I like that one.

  8. elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Maybe I need to wear a mask and a sign that reads "Stay Away From Me!"

    Wait - are we *not* supposed to do that?

    Shit.

    (Feel better soon!)

  9. Delenn

    Delenn Guest

    Lucas Buck wrote:

    > On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:40:23 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>"Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
    >>days)"

    > Nah. Killing her now would be merciful. I'm waiting for the end of tax season,
    > before the cruise.

    I wish I felt like you were joking.

    You are scary.

    Delenn

  10. Larry Hodges

    Larry Hodges Guest

    elzinator wrote:
    > Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
    > change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."
    >
    > "Death Match: Adam and Queenie" ,
    > "Death Match: The Johns"
    > "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",
    > "Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
    > days)"
    > "Death Match: Hanson and the Canadians".....
    >
    > Did I miss any?

    Yeah...you missed Hank and me.

    > Or maybe start a new forum with your own moniker:
    > alt.pissing.match.<insert names here>
    >
    > Back to the couch and the Nyquil......

    Hope you get better :).
    --
    -Larry

  11. Mick R.

    Mick R. Guest

    "DZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > Adam Fahy wrote:

    > >>You know you've got it bad when your flu starts trolling you.

    > > Good one, Adam.
    > > The Troll Flu (tm)
    > > second time in 31 days.

    > Have you noticed that a day or so before the onset of flu symptoms
    > you'd get unusually extrovert? Literally want to get out of the office
    > and socialize unaware of the infection (troll's mechanism to
    > facilitate propagation).

    I find I have elevated energy levels and generally feel great. They the
    symptoms hit and I feel generally shyte.
    --
    Mick R.
    It doesn't matter if we like each other or not. Cancer will touch all of us

  12. Helgi Briem

    Helgi Briem Guest

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:
    >>
    >>"elzinator" wrote
    >>> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

    >The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
    >"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
    >center.

    Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?

    What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    centre have any medical training?

    --
    Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

  13. Lucas Buck

    Lucas Buck Guest

    On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:15:58 -0500, Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Lucas Buck wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:40:23 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>"Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
    >>>days)"

    >> Nah. Killing her now would be merciful. I'm waiting for the end of tax season,
    >> before the cruise.

    >I wish I felt like you were joking.
    >
    >You are scary.
    >
    >Delenn

    Well, DURING the cruise would be workable as well,
    but I figured that would be, well, rude.

    Lucas sbcpark at earthlink.net
    'I read "The Idiot" and it had enormous impact on
    shaping my teen-aged psche (sic).' - "Dellen"

  14. elzinator

    elzinator Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:
    >On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:
    >>>
    >>>"elzinator" wrote

    >>The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
    >>"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
    >>center.

    >Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
    >
    >What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    >centre have any medical training?

    Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

    I see you have no medical training.

    "The human genome stopped evolving thousands of years ago. The growth of our brains decided
    our bodies didn't need to evolve anymore. Perhaps that has now backfired."

  15. Helgi Briem

    Helgi Briem Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:07:19 -0600, elzinator
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>The department sent me home today with a stash of
    >>>antibiotics and a "Get the hell out of here!". Perks of
    >>> working in a university medical center.

    >>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
    >>
    >>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    >>centre have any medical training?

    >Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

    Yup. You didn't mention having any. Do you?

    >I see you have no medical training.

    No, I don't. But those who have done a lot of work
    in the general area of antibiotic resistance (which I
    have) keep warning, threatening, cajoling and generally
    attempting to persuade those with medical training
    to stop prescribing antibiotics to every Tom, Dick and
    Elzi with viral flu, because it doesn't do any good and
    helps breed new strains of multiply resistant bacteria.

    One day people are really gonna need them and they
    won't work.

    --
    Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

  16. David  Cohen

    David Cohen Guest

    "Helgi Briem" <[email protected]> wrote

    >>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
    >>>
    >>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    >>>centre have any medical training?

    >>Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

    > Yup. You didn't mention having any. Do you?
    >
    >>I see you have no medical training.

    > No, I don't. But those who have done a lot of work
    > in the general area of antibiotic resistance (which I
    > have) keep warning, threatening, cajoling and generally
    > attempting to persuade those with medical training
    > to stop prescribing antibiotics to every Tom, Dick and
    > Elzi with viral flu, because it doesn't do any good and
    > helps breed new strains of multiply resistant bacteria.
    >
    > One day people are really gonna need them and they
    > won't work.

    "One day" arrived a number of years ago. Methicillin resistant
    Staphylococcus aureus, oxicillin resistant Staph aureus, vancomycin
    resistant Enterococcus. People die from these, and others.

    It's still appropriate, in many cases, to prescribe antibiotics to prevent
    secondary infections, based on a number of considerations. But, microbial
    resistance is getting to be a bigger problem, and may, one day, become a
    world-wide catastrophe.

    David

  17. spodosaurus

    spodosaurus Guest

    elzinator wrote:
    > On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
    >><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
    >>>"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
    >>>center.

    >>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
    >>
    >>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    >>centre have any medical training?

    > Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?
    >
    > I see you have no medical training.

    Out of curiousity, are you immunocompromised or are prone to bacterial
    URTIs?

    cheers,

    Ari

    http://www.abmdr.org.au/
    http://www.marrow.org/

  18. Proton Soup

    Proton Soup Guest

    On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:17:58 +0800, spodosaurus
    <[email protected]_yahoo_.com> wrote:

    >elzinator wrote:
    >> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:

    >>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
    >>>
    >>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    >>>centre have any medical training?

    >> Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?
    >>
    >> I see you have no medical training.

    >Out of curiousity, are you immunocompromised or are prone to bacterial
    >URTIs?

    I believe she mentioned "working in a university medical center",
    which means she's exposed to more nasties than your average Tom, Dick,
    or Elzi. If you don't want to get sick, stay out of the hospital.

    -----------
    Proton Soup

    "Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

  19. Lucas Buck

    Lucas Buck Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:07:19 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:
    >>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
    >><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>>The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
    >>>"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
    >>>center.

    >>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
    >>
    >>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    >>centre have any medical training?

    >Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?
    >
    >I see you have no medical training.

    It's that particular definition of "medical training" that has blessed us with
    a garden of drug-resistant bacteria.

    The human immune system is a marvelous thing. It shouldn't be second-guessed
    without GREAT care.

  20. elzinator

    elzinator Guest

    On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:21:29 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:

    >>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
    >>>
    >>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
    >>>centre have any medical training?

    >>Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

    >Yup. You didn't mention having any. Do you?
    >
    >>I see you have no medical training.

    >No, I don't. But those who have done a lot of work
    >in the general area of antibiotic resistance (which I
    >have) keep warning, threatening, cajoling and generally
    >attempting to persuade those with medical training
    >to stop prescribing antibiotics to every Tom, Dick and
    >Elzi with viral flu, because it doesn't do any good and
    >helps breed new strains of multiply resistant bacteria.

    I already have a secondary infection. Hence the Abs. I didn't really
    shake off the first bug, then got hit with a stomach bug, then 2
    weeks later, this one. Triple whammy.

    I'm well aware of the Ab issues, especially since raising livestock
    for many years (this is a large point of contention in vet med as well
    as in human med).

    >One day people are really gonna need them and they
    >won't work.

    That's already happening worldwide.