Death Matches

elzinator

Guest
Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."

"Death Match: Adam and Queenie" ,
"Death Match: The Johns"
"Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",
"Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
days)"
"Death Match: Hanson and the Canadians".....

Did I miss any?

Or maybe start a new forum with your own moniker:
alt.pissing.match.<insert names here>

Back to the couch and the Nyquil......

elzinator wrote:
> Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
> change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."

> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

You know you've got it bad when your flu starts trolling you.

-Adam

"elzinator" wrote
> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

Are you sure it is the flu??

Or did you ******** some kinda natural life form on the ranch?

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 23:11:46 GMT, Adam Fahy wrote:
>elzinator wrote:
>> Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
>> change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."

>> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

>You know you've got it bad when your flu starts trolling you.

Good one, Adam.
The Troll Flu (tm)
second time in 31 days.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:40:23 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

>Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
>change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."
>
>"Death Match: Adam and Queenie" ,
>"Death Match: The Johns"
>"Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",
>"Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
>days)"

Nah. Killing her now would be merciful. I'm waiting for the end of tax season,
before the cruise.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:

>"elzinator" wrote
>> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

>Are you sure it is the flu??
>
>Or did you ******** some kinda natural life form on the ranch?

It's more likely the flora and fauna from walking through the hospital
emergency waiting area twice/day and the widely fluctuating temps
here.

Maybe I need to wear a mask and a sign that reads "Stay Away From Me!"

The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
center.

Nyquil is my friend.....and I'm falling asleep now....

"The human genome stopped evolving thousands of years ago. The growth of our brains decided
our bodies didn't need to evolve anymore. Perhaps that has now backfired."

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:
>>
>>"elzinator" wrote
>>> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

>>Are you sure it is the flu??
>>
>>Or did you ******** some kinda natural life form on the ranch?

>It's more likely the flora and fauna from walking through the hospital
>emergency waiting area twice/day and the widely fluctuating temps
>here.
>
>Maybe I need to wear a mask and a sign that reads "Stay Away From Me!"

Yeah, That one. I like that one.

elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

> Maybe I need to wear a mask and a sign that reads "Stay Away From Me!"

Wait - are we *not* supposed to do that?

****.

(Feel better soon!)

Lucas Buck wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:40:23 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

>>"Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
>>days)"

> Nah. Killing her now would be merciful. I'm waiting for the end of tax season,
> before the cruise.

I wish I felt like you were joking.

You are scary.

Delenn

elzinator wrote:
> Since everyone is bored and resorting to pissing matches, shall we
> change the subject heading starting with "Death Match:....."
>
> "Death Match: Adam and Queenie" ,
> "Death Match: The Johns"
> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",
> "Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
> days)"
> "Death Match: Hanson and the Canadians".....
>
> Did I miss any?

Yeah...you missed Hank and me.

> Or maybe start a new forum with your own moniker:
> alt.pissing.match.<insert names here>
>
> Back to the couch and the Nyquil......

Hope you get better :).
--
-Larry

"DZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Adam Fahy wrote:

> >>You know you've got it bad when your flu starts trolling you.

> > Good one, Adam.
> > The Troll Flu (tm)
> > second time in 31 days.

> Have you noticed that a day or so before the onset of flu symptoms
> you'd get unusually extrovert? Literally want to get out of the office
> and socialize unaware of the infection (troll's mechanism to
> facilitate propagation).

I find I have elevated energy levels and generally feel great. They the
symptoms hit and I feel generally shyte.
--
Mick R.
It doesn't matter if we like each other or not. Cancer will touch all of us

<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:
>>
>>"elzinator" wrote
>>> "Death Match: Elzinator and the Flu",

>The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
>"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
>center.

Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?

What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
centre have any medical training?

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:15:58 -0500, Delenn <[email protected]> wrote:

>Lucas Buck wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:40:23 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>"Death Match: Lucas and Denzl (or whatever she's calling herself these
>>>days)"

>> Nah. Killing her now would be merciful. I'm waiting for the end of tax season,
>> before the cruise.

>I wish I felt like you were joking.
>
>You are scary.
>
>Delenn

Well, DURING the cruise would be workable as well,
but I figured that would be, well, rude.

Lucas sbcpark at earthlink.net
'I read "The Idiot" and it had enormous impact on
shaping my teen-aged psche (sic).' - "Dellen"

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:
>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:23:51 -0500, Lee Michaels wrote:
>>>
>>>"elzinator" wrote

>>The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
>>"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
>>center.

>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
>
>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
>centre have any medical training?

Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

I see you have no medical training.

"The human genome stopped evolving thousands of years ago. The growth of our brains decided
our bodies didn't need to evolve anymore. Perhaps that has now backfired."

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:07:19 -0600, elzinator
<[email protected]> wrote:

>>>The department sent me home today with a stash of
>>>antibiotics and a "Get the hell out of here!". Perks of
>>> working in a university medical center.

>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
>>
>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
>>centre have any medical training?

>Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

Yup. You didn't mention having any. Do you?

>I see you have no medical training.

No, I don't. But those who have done a lot of work
in the general area of antibiotic resistance (which I
have) keep warning, threatening, cajoling and generally
attempting to persuade those with medical training
to stop prescribing antibiotics to every Tom, **** and
Elzi with viral flu, because it doesn't do any good and
helps breed new strains of multiply resistant bacteria.

One day people are really gonna need them and they
won't work.

--
Helgi Briem hbriem AT simnet DOT is

"Helgi Briem" <[email protected]> wrote

>>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
>>>
>>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
>>>centre have any medical training?

>>Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

> Yup. You didn't mention having any. Do you?
>
>>I see you have no medical training.

> No, I don't. But those who have done a lot of work
> in the general area of antibiotic resistance (which I
> have) keep warning, threatening, cajoling and generally
> attempting to persuade those with medical training
> to stop prescribing antibiotics to every Tom, **** and
> Elzi with viral flu, because it doesn't do any good and
> helps breed new strains of multiply resistant bacteria.
>
> One day people are really gonna need them and they
> won't work.

"One day" arrived a number of years ago. Methicillin resistant
Staphylococcus aureus, oxicillin resistant Staph aureus, vancomycin
resistant Enterococcus. People die from these, and others.

It's still appropriate, in many cases, to prescribe antibiotics to prevent
secondary infections, based on a number of considerations. But, microbial
resistance is getting to be a bigger problem, and may, one day, become a
world-wide catastrophe.

David

elzinator wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>>The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
>>>"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
>>>center.

>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
>>
>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
>>centre have any medical training?

> Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?
>
> I see you have no medical training.

Out of curiousity, are you immunocompromised or are prone to bacterial
URTIs?

cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 01:17:58 +0800, spodosaurus
<spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote:

>elzinator wrote:
>> On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:

>>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
>>>
>>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
>>>centre have any medical training?

>> Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?
>>
>> I see you have no medical training.

>Out of curiousity, are you immunocompromised or are prone to bacterial
>URTIs?

I believe she mentioned "working in a university medical center",
which means she's exposed to more nasties than your average Tom, ****,
or Elzi. If you don't want to get sick, stay out of the hospital.

-----------
Proton Soup

"Thanks for noticing that I didn't actually say anything." - Mike Lane

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 08:07:19 -0600, elzinator <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 09:19:49 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:
>>On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:48:28 -0600, elzinator
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>>The department sent me home today with a stash of antibiotics and a
>>>"Get the hell out of here!". Perks of working in a university medical
>>>center.

>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
>>
>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
>>centre have any medical training?

>Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?
>
>I see you have no medical training.

It's that particular definition of "medical training" that has blessed us with
a garden of drug-resistant bacteria.

The human immune system is a marvelous thing. It shouldn't be second-guessed
without GREAT care.

On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 15:21:29 +0000, Helgi Briem wrote:

>>>Why did the give you antibiotics if you have flu?
>>>
>>>What's that all about? Does no one in the medical
>>>centre have any medical training?

>>Do you know what 'secondary infections' are?

>Yup. You didn't mention having any. Do you?
>
>>I see you have no medical training.

>No, I don't. But those who have done a lot of work
>in the general area of antibiotic resistance (which I
>have) keep warning, threatening, cajoling and generally
>attempting to persuade those with medical training
>to stop prescribing antibiotics to every Tom, **** and
>Elzi with viral flu, because it doesn't do any good and
>helps breed new strains of multiply resistant bacteria.

I already have a secondary infection. Hence the Abs. I didn't really
shake off the first bug, then got hit with a stomach bug, then 2
weeks later, this one. Triple whammy.

I'm well aware of the Ab issues, especially since raising livestock
for many years (this is a large point of contention in vet med as well
as in human med).

>One day people are really gonna need them and they
>won't work.

That's already happening worldwide.