Death Matches

"Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Mick R." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Dr_Dickie" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > "DZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...

> and

That
> > is,

> hands,

chances

> > > The rule is: biologist's wash their hands afterwards, chemist's wash

> their
> > > hands before, and engineer's don't see the point!
> > > A leason this chemist learned one day cutting habaneros for

> chilie....WOW!
> > >

> > I take it that you didn't put on any soft music and lower the lights

> before
> > that encounter.
> >
> > I found Dencorub to be just as bad. Methyl Salicilate ... not good
> >
> > --
> > Mick R.
> >

> No no, you don't understand, I had to go to the bathroom in the middle of
> cutting the habs!!! Ouch.

Oh I understand far too well I'm afraid.

I made the same mistake when applying "Deep Heat" to a strained hamstring
some years back.
I know "ouch" all too well.

--
Mick R.
It doesn't matter if we like each other or not. Cancer will touch all of us

In article <[email protected]>,
DZ <[email protected]> wrote:
>Usenet Posting <[email protected]> wrote:

>> My advice is to never touch your head with your hands unless you have
>> washed them immediately prior (including under the nails.)

>Do you think flu viruses breed under the nails?

Why not? Everything else does.

Seth
--
"People that don't listen to me live to regret it." -- Will Brink

In article <[email protected]>,
spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote:
>DZ wrote:

>> Don't they put the bugs back in when they touch the faucet handles to
>> turn down the water?

>Not unless the 'handles' are perfect spheres. Most have ridges or bumps:
>you press one side to twist the tap on, and you press the other side
>when twisting the tap off. That said, we're probably going to be
>changing the kitchen and bathroom taps over to mini versions of the
>paddle handles that you see in hospitals and doctors' offices. Better to
>be safe with me.

Why not get the kind with foot pedals they have in hospitals? Now
_those_ are hygienic.

Seth
--
chown -R us /yourbase

Seth Breidbart wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
> spodosaurus <spodosaurus@_yahoo_.com> wrote:
>
>>DZ wrote:

>>>Don't they put the bugs back in when they touch the faucet handles to
>>>turn down the water?

>>Not unless the 'handles' are perfect spheres. Most have ridges or bumps:
>>you press one side to twist the tap on, and you press the other side
>>when twisting the tap off. That said, we're probably going to be
>>changing the kitchen and bathroom taps over to mini versions of the
>>paddle handles that you see in hospitals and doctors' offices. Better to
>>be safe with me.

> Why not get the kind with foot pedals they have in hospitals? Now
> _those_ are hygienic.
>
> Seth

I was looking at one of those the other day in a plumbing trade store.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

--
Dr. Dickie
Skepticult member in good standing #394-00596-438
"DZ" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Dr_Dickie <[email protected]> wrote:
> > "DZ" wrote

chances

> >> Being both a biologist and a statistician or either one of them
> >> depending on the situation - I agree that biologists are more
> >> considerate than others. But that's the only reason. There won't be
> >> more *infectious* germs on the hands "after" compared to "before".
> >> Maybe some tapeworm eggs if you had too much sushi.

> > If you are doing number one, I agree (likely to get more bugs on your

hands
> > from the door handle after washing brings them all to the surface);

however,
> > considering that 0.33% of feces is considered to be bacteria (e. coli
> > mostly) and bacterial material (dead ones too). You would have to be a

very
> > careful wiper after nuber 2 to leave the loo with same as you entered!

> Doctor: Usual strains of E.coli are part of the "flora" in the gut as
> well as in the mouth. Not that I'm suggesting anything. But in an
> unlikely event that a person is already infected with a pathogenic
> strain - he will spread it from just about any orifice.

Who said anything about pathogenic. Of course E. coli are part of the normal
'flora" that's the point. If you are not a careful wiper after 2, your hands
increase in E. coli (they are not a large part of the normal flora of
hands-- S. epidermidis or S. aureus)