Decal Removal

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Smith Roedel, Feb 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smith Roedel

Smith Roedel Guest

I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I think the bike would look
    better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe? Smith Roedel

Tags:

2. Gary Mishler

Gary Mishler Guest

"Smith Roedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I
    think the
    > bike would look better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe?
    > Smith Roedel

The best thing I have found for removing decals from Ti is aerosol paint stripper. I use Klean-Strip
    brand that is available at most X-Marts or Home Depot, Menards type places. You just spray it on and
    after about 5 mins the decals almost fall off by themselves.

3. >Zeke<

>Zeke< Guest

"Smith Roedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I
    think the
    > bike would look better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe?
    > Smith Roedel
    >
    Try some spray on oven cleaner.

4. Dansmeyers

Dansmeyers Guest

Make sure first that Eddy didn't clear coat the labels.

Dan

5. Rix

Rix Guest

Go over carefully with a hair dryer or heat gun. Decal will soften and peel off easily.

6. Paul Hays

Paul Hays Guest

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:17:06 -0800, Smith Roedel wrote (in message
    <[email protected]>):

> I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I think the bike would look
    > better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe? Smith Roedel
    >

Low tech/low toxicity method: wrap towel around decal area, lay bike on side, soak w/ boiling water
    to soften glue & peel off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.