Decal Removal

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Smith Roedel, Feb 26, 2003.

  1. Smith Roedel

    Smith Roedel Guest

    I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I think the bike would look
    better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe? Smith Roedel

    Tags:

  2. Gary Mishler

    Gary Mishler Guest

    "Smith Roedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I
    think the
    > bike would look better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe?
    > Smith Roedel

    The best thing I have found for removing decals from Ti is aerosol paint stripper. I use Klean-Strip
    brand that is available at most X-Marts or Home Depot, Menards type places. You just spray it on and
    after about 5 mins the decals almost fall off by themselves.

  3. >Zeke<

    >Zeke< Guest

    "Smith Roedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I
    think the
    > bike would look better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe?
    > Smith Roedel

    Try some spray on oven cleaner.

  4. Dansmeyers

    Dansmeyers Guest

    Make sure first that Eddy didn't clear coat the labels.

    Dan

  5. Rix

    Rix Guest

    Go over carefully with a hair dryer or heat gun. Decal will soften and peel off easily.

  6. Paul Hays

    Paul Hays Guest

    On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:17:06 -0800, Smith Roedel wrote (in message
    <[email protected]>):

    > I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I think the bike would look
    > better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe? Smith Roedel

    Low tech/low toxicity method: wrap towel around decal area, lay bike on side, soak w/ boiling water
    to soften glue & peel off.