Decal Removal

Smith Roedel

Guest
I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I think the bike would look
better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe? Smith Roedel

"Smith Roedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I
think the
> bike would look better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe?
> Smith Roedel

The best thing I have found for removing decals from Ti is aerosol paint stripper. I use Klean-Strip
brand that is available at most X-Marts or Home Depot, Menards type places. You just spray it on and
after about 5 mins the decals almost fall off by themselves.

"Smith Roedel" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I
think the
> bike would look better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe?
> Smith Roedel

Try some spray on oven cleaner.

Make sure first that Eddy didn't clear coat the labels.

Dan

Go over carefully with a hair dryer or heat gun. Decal will soften and peel off easily.

On Tue, 25 Feb 2003 20:17:06 -0800, Smith Roedel wrote (in message
<[email protected]>):

> I have an Eddy Merckx ti bike, the decals have become scratched and I think the bike would look
> better with just it's ti skin. How do I remove the decals? Acetone maybe? Smith Roedel

Low tech/low toxicity method: wrap towel around decal area, lay bike on side, soak w/ boiling water
to soften glue & peel off.