decals on litespeed

Sean

Guest
Does anyone know the best way to take off all the decals on my Vortex? Sean.

sean wrote:

> Does anyone know the best way to take off all the decals on my Vortex? Sean.

Wait, they'll come off all by themselves. <G>

We use acetone in our shop to remove damaged Litespeed decals on brand new bikes, which happens
quite often.

Barry

"sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know the best way to take off all the decals on my Vortex? Sean.

I use aerosol paint stripper (Klean-Strip) which is available at Home Depot, Menards, etc.

Just spray it on, wait 5-10 mins and the decals almost fall off by themselves.

Ok, so what are you getting at? Is there some common problem with Litespeed decals? I've seen a ton
of Litespeeds on group rides and have never seen a tattered or missing decal.

I've got a Litespeed on order, so I'm interested in whatever's going on here.

"Edward Dike, III" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> | Does anyone know the best way to take off all the decals on my Vortex? Sean.
>
> 2 or 3 short rides should do it. ED3

They come off over time, mine are the same way. After 7 years, my Appalachian decals are at about
50%. I think since they don't have the clearcoat that a normal bike would have over the decals, they
tear easily.

-pete

"Michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Ok, so what are you getting at? Is there some common problem with Litespeed decals? I've seen a
> ton of Litespeeds on group rides and have never seen a tattered or missing decal.
>
> I've got a Litespeed on order, so I'm interested in whatever's going on here.
>
> "Edward Dike, III" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > "sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > | Does anyone know the best way to take off all the decals on my Vortex? Sean.
> >
> > 2 or 3 short rides should do it. ED3

In article <[email protected]>,
"Pete Grey" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think since they don't have the clearcoat that a normal bike would have over the decals

which is a good thing...my vortex has gone from a regular yellow decal to a Lotto to a black. Kindof
depends on the mood.

________________________________

Remove S.P.A.M in email adddress Climb <at> mac <dot> com
________________________________

Michael wrote:

> Ok, so what are you getting at? Is there some common problem with Litespeed decals?

Litespeed decals are fragile, and usually not overcoated. I work in a shop that sells Litespeed, and
it is not uncommon to receive new bikes with decal damage. Litespeed recognizes the fragility of
their decals to the point of making them easily available. Decals for many brands other than
Litespeed are often hard to get, simply because there isn't much call for them.

Barry

I haven't removed any Litespeed decals, but I've removed plenty of other decals off of carbon,
aluminum, and steel. They usually peel right off if you warm them up with a hair dryer, then
carefully peel them off using a finger nail. Some people coat the surface of the decal with
petroleum jelly and leave it their for a couple of days. I've done that on occasion, but the blow
dryer is quicker.

"Mac" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> I haven't removed any Litespeed decals, but I've removed plenty of other decals off of carbon,
> aluminum, and steel. They usually peel right off if you warm them up with a hair dryer, then
> carefully peel them off using a finger nail. Some people coat the surface of the decal with
> petroleum jelly and leave it their for a couple of days. I've done that on occasion, but the blow
> dryer is quicker.
>
> "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >
> > "sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > Does anyone know the best way to take off all the decals on my Vortex? Sean.
> >
> > I use aerosol paint stripper (Klean-Strip) which is available at Home
> Depot,
> > Menards, etc.
> >
> > Just spray it on, wait 5-10 mins and the decals almost fall off by themselves.

Thanks for this advice. I have peeled of all the decals of my kissyserums too but when I used the
acetone method it just spread the glue around in a smoother paste rather than get it off ie I
cuddent get it off in time before the acetone evaporated..........so now I am asking the best way to
remove decal glue mixed with acetone from the rims?

What do we want? Freedom from amnesia! When do we want it?

When do we want what? Sean.

"sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Mac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I haven't removed any Litespeed decals, but I've removed plenty of other decals off of carbon,
> > aluminum, and steel. They usually peel right off
if
> > you warm them up with a hair dryer, then carefully peel them off using a finger nail. Some
> > people coat the surface of the decal with petroleum
jelly
> > and leave it their for a couple of days. I've done that on occasion,
but
> > the blow dryer is quicker.
> >
> > "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]...
Vortex?

> > > I use aerosol paint stripper (Klean-Strip) which is available at Home
> > Depot,
> > > Menards, etc.
> > >
> > > Just spray it on, wait 5-10 mins and the decals almost fall off by themselves.
> > >

> Thanks for this advice. I have peeled of all the decals of my kissyserums too but when I used the
> acetone method it just spread the glue around in a smoother paste rather than get it off ie I
> cuddent get it off in time before the acetone evaporated..........so now I am asking the best way
> to remove decal glue mixed with acetone from the rims?

Again, I would use the Klean-Strip aerosol paint stripper.

On 12 May 2003 15:18:16 -0700, [email protected] (sean) wrote:

>Thanks for this advice. I have peeled of all the decals of my kissyserums too but when I used the
>acetone method it just spread the glue around in a smoother paste rather than get it off ie I
>cuddent get it off in time before the acetone evaporated..........so now I am asking the best way
>to remove decal glue mixed with acetone from the rims?
>
>What do we want? Freedom from amnesia! When do we want it?
>

>When do we want what? Sean.
Give me your address and I'll send you a sample of our SoyGreen biosolvents. They are
non-evaporative and work great on my Litespeed. It's also a great degreaser for chains, etc.

Cya Bob Denton Gulf Stream International Delray Beach, Florida www.sinkthestink.com Manufacturers of
Sink the Stink

[email protected] (Michael) wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Ok, so what are you getting at? Is there some common problem with Litespeed decals? I've seen a
> ton of Litespeeds on group rides and have never seen a tattered or missing decal.
>
> I've got a Litespeed on order, so I'm interested in whatever's going on here.

I just don't like them. Bike product manufactures have just got carried away with all the branding
that that must be readable from fifty paces......... so I've taken them all off especially the
massive 'LOOK' on the forks......... Sean.

"Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> "sean" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "Mac" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> > > I haven't removed any Litespeed decals, but I've removed plenty of other decals off of carbon,
> > > aluminum, and steel. They usually peel right off
> if
> > > you warm them up with a hair dryer, then carefully peel them off using a finger nail. Some
> > > people coat the surface of the decal with petroleum
> jelly
> > > and leave it their for a couple of days. I've done that on occasion,
> but
> > > the blow dryer is quicker.
> > >
> > > "Gary Mishler" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Vortex?

> Depot,

> > Thanks for this advice. I have peeled of all the decals of my kissyserums too but when I used
> > the acetone method it just spread the glue around in a smoother paste rather than get it off ie
> > I cuddent get it off in time before the acetone evaporated..........so now I am asking the best
> > way to remove decal glue mixed with acetone from the rims?
>
> Again, I would use the Klean-Strip aerosol paint stripper.

I live in Nottingham England so I am not familiar with these products or the exquisite american wit
mentioned however I found out that good old turpentine got it off dead easy.........thanks.

Sean.