Road Cycling · Public discussion

Decanio Sounding Coherent

Started by B Lafferty · · Last activity · 88 posts · 2,079 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
30 January 2005
Last activity
3 February 2005
Original author
B Lafferty
Posts
88
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
2,079
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 21–40 of 88
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Kurgan Gringioni said:
    Jim Flom said:

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    Most of society is doping themselves,
    be it with nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, marijuana, or other mood
    altering substances.

    And we all know that what is, is right.

    But wait -- not so fast, Schnurgan.
    The NSDUH survey in 2002 reported that 4.3% of the
    U.S. population ages 12 and over had ever used ecstasy,
    1.3% had used in the past year, and 0.3% had used in
    the past month.

    Patterns of Club Drug Use in the U.S., 2004

    http://www.utexas.edu/research/cswr/gcattc/Trends/ClubDrug-2004-web.pdf

    Quoted message said:

    Check out the table on page 7 and quit talking smack. And don't tell

    me

    Quoted message said:

    Dumbass, you forgot coffee.

    One small voice taking a stand? I guess M. L. King was a fanatic

    too. The

    Quoted message said:

    only loser is the one who stands by and does nothing when evil is in

    your

    Quoted message said:

    face.

    Dumbass -

    WTF are you talking about? I was referencing *all* drugs, not club
    drugs.

    BTW, Martin Luther King was trying to change culture in general, not a
    subset of culture (example: bike racing).

    A subset of culture cannot have substantially different values from the
    culture in which it resides.

    Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds
    used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
    after a ride?

    Steve

    Hence the delusion of DeCanio, Lafferty

    Quoted message said:

    and yourself.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  2. "Steven Bornfeld" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds used
    to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes after a
    ride?

    'nuff said.

    JF

  3. Mark Fennell said:
    Kurgan Gringioni said:

    A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
    diverse cross-section of the public...


    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    WTF? You make sense usually, but the statement above in reference to


    bike

    Quoted message said:

    racing is ridiculous IMHO. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a


    sport

    Quoted message said:

    with a more boringly homogenous slice of the public.

    Dumbass -

    Ya, but it's not likely that with fans of bike racing you'll get any
    sort of consensus on general drug use in everyday life.

    I was speaking more of a subset of culture that is united by their
    ethic/moral outlook, like a religious group. The bike racing community
    doesn't fit that mold: that's why you have crusaders like DeCanio and
    the drug users all in the same subset.

    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  4. "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Kurgan Gringioni said:


    A subset of culture cannot have substantially different values from


    the

    Quoted message said:

    culture in which it resides.

    Let me rephrase that:

    A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
    diverse cross-section of the public cannot have substantially different
    values from the culture in which it resides.


    The American Communist Party

  5. "Steven Bornfeld" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds


    used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
    after a ride?

    Steve

    It take a real man to wear Lycra.

  6. B Lafferty said:

    "Steven Bornfeld" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds

    used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
    after a ride?

    Steve

    It take a real man to wear Lycra.

    I guess I must be a girlie man.

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com
    Brooklyn, NY
    718-258-5001

  7. "B Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds


    used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
    after a ride?

    Steve

    It take a real man to wear Lycra.

    I thought real men wear wool

  8. matabala said:

    "Kurgan Gringioni" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:


    Kurgan Gringioni said:


    A subset of culture cannot have substantially different values


    from

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    the

    Quoted message said:

    culture in which it resides.

    Let me rephrase that:

    A subset of culture which draws its participants from a somewhat
    diverse cross-section of the public cannot have substantially


    different

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    values from the culture in which it resides.


    The American Communist Party

    Dumbass -

    See my reply to Fennell.

  9. Steven Bornfeld said:
    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:


    Dumbass -

    WTF are you talking about? I was referencing *all* drugs, not club
    drugs.

    BTW, Martin Luther King was trying to change culture in general,


    not a

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    subset of culture (example: bike racing).

    A subset of culture cannot have substantially different values from


    the

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    culture in which it resides.

    Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds
    used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated


    shoes

    Quoted message said:

    after a ride?

    Dumbass -

    Bike racers are not united on opinion. Lycra-wearing, perhaps.

    There are bike racers who are vehemently opposed to doping. There are
    also Masters Fatties who take amphetamines before group training rides.
    thanks,

    K. Gringioni.

  10. On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:43:25 -0600, "Carl Sundquist" <[email hidden]>

    Quoted message said:


    "B Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds
    used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
    after a ride?

    Steve

    It take a real man to wear Lycra.

    I thought real men wear wool


    Steel wool. On leather seats with rivets. Or civets. I can't remember
    which.

    Curtis L. Russell
    Odenton, MD (USA)
    Just someone on two wheels...

  11. "Carl Sundquist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:v%uLd.6054$G31.3870@okepread05...

    Quoted message said:


    "B Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:
    Quoted message said:

    > Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds
    used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
    after a ride?

    Steve

    It take a real man to wear Lycra.

    I thought real men wear wool

    Sometimes, if they're of a certain age.

  12. B Lafferty said:

    "Carl Sundquist" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:v%uLd.6054$G31.3870@okepread05...

    Quoted message said:

    "B Lafferty" <[email hidden]> wrote in message

    Quoted message said:

    >>Then how do you explain the looks I used to get when me and my buds
    >
    >used to waddle into redneck bars with our shaved legs and cleated shoes
    >after a ride?
    >
    >Steve

    It take a real man to wear Lycra.

    I thought real men wear wool

    Sometimes, if they're of a certain age.

    That's cold.

    Steve

    --
    Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
    http://www.dentaltwins.com
    Brooklyn, NY
    718-258-5001

  13. B Lafferty said:

    FWIW, here's the letter I sent to Biseglia with a copy to [censored] Pound at
    WADA:

    Quoted message said:

    Dear Mr. Bisceglia:

    [ snip]

    Quoted message said:

    Sincerely,

    Quoted message said:

    Brian Lafferty, Esq.

    Quoted message said:

    USAC Licence #0091977

    Well. He'll certainly sit up and take notice upon hearing from *you*.
    I mean, I'll bet he knows who you are.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

  14. "Bob Schwartz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    B Lafferty said:

    FWIW, here's the letter I sent to Biseglia with a copy to [censored] Pound at
    WADA:

    Quoted message said:

    Dear Mr. Bisceglia:

    [ snip]

    Quoted message said:

    Sincerely,

    Quoted message said:

    Brian Lafferty, Esq.

    Quoted message said:

    USAC Licence #0091977

    Well. He'll certainly sit up and take notice upon hearing from *you*.
    I mean, I'll bet he knows who you are.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

    I think he has a fiduciary duty to the membership to investigate alleged
    incidents of doping within his jurisdiction when given formal notice by a
    member--*me*

  15. In article <[email hidden]>, B

    Lafferty said:

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    B Lafferty said:

    FWIW, here's the letter I sent to Biseglia with a copy to [censored] Pound at
    WADA:

    Quoted message said:

    Dear Mr. Bisceglia:

    [ snip]

    Quoted message said:

    Sincerely,

    Quoted message said:

    Brian Lafferty, Esq.

    Quoted message said:

    USAC Licence #0091977

    Well. He'll certainly sit up and take notice upon hearing from *you*.
    I mean, I'll bet he knows who you are.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

    I think he has a fiduciary duty to the membership to investigate alleged
    incidents of doping within his jurisdiction when given formal notice by a
    member--*me*

    I'm no fan of doping or dopers but damn isn't this a little bit like
    the Salem witch trials? One person, with no evidence, cries witch/doper
    and we are suppose to start gathering the wood and the stake? I would
    hope before time and money are spent on an investigation there is
    something more than just the word of a single person as evidence.

  16. "Casey Kerrigan" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    In article <[email hidden]>, B

    Lafferty said:

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    B Lafferty <[email hidden]> wrote:

    > FWIW, here's the letter I sent to Biseglia with a copy to [censored] Pound
    > at
    > WADA:

    > Dear Mr. Bisceglia:

    [ snip]

    > Sincerely,

    > Brian Lafferty, Esq.

    > USAC Licence #0091977

    Well. He'll certainly sit up and take notice upon hearing from *you*.
    I mean, I'll bet he knows who you are.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

    I think he has a fiduciary duty to the membership to investigate alleged
    incidents of doping within his jurisdiction when given formal notice by a
    member--*me*

    I'm no fan of doping or dopers but damn isn't this a little bit like
    the Salem witch trials?

    No. There were no witches. There are dopers.

    Quoted message said:

    One person, with no evidence, cries witch/doper
    and we are suppose to start gathering the wood and the stake?

    He claims to have evidence in the form of specific doping that he witnessed
    and assisted in and/or was told about by other riders on specific teams
    (eg.Dave Clinger of Postal). It won't take much time or money to sit down
    with him, question him in detail, type up a transcript and ask him to attest
    to its truthfulness with an attestation clause. I would think that Gerrard
    might be interested in the Postal allegations because of Dr. Prentis
    Steffen's ESPN on-air statements about his experience with Postal and
    doping.

    Quoted message said:

    I would
    hope before time and money are spent on an investigation there is
    something more than just the word of a single person as evidence.

    Investigations very often start with one person coming
    forward--whistleblowers. There are even statutes to protect them from
    retribution under certain circumstances. Given the allegations, first and
    second hand, it behooves Gerard to do his job and start an investigation.

    It's not a witch hunt even though it may appear to be to those who have
    crossed over to the Dark Side.

  17. B Lafferty said:

    "Bob Schwartz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    B Lafferty said:

    FWIW, here's the letter I sent to Biseglia with a copy to [censored] Pound at
    WADA:

    Quoted message said:

    Dear Mr. Bisceglia:

    [ snip]

    Quoted message said:

    Sincerely,

    Quoted message said:

    Brian Lafferty, Esq.

    Quoted message said:

    USAC Licence #0091977

    Well. He'll certainly sit up and take notice upon hearing from *you*.
    I mean, I'll bet he knows who you are.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

    Quoted message said:

    I think he has a fiduciary duty to the membership to investigate alleged
    incidents of doping within his jurisdiction when given formal notice by a
    member--*me*

    You didn't write the letter in crayon, did you? Does your wife ever
    leave anything sharp just lying around the house?

    Most people ignore stuff from nutbags.

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

  18. "Bob Schwartz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:

    You didn't write the letter in crayon, did you?


    No.

    Quoted message said:

    Does your wife ever
    leave anything sharp just lying around the house?

    All the time.

    Quoted message said:


    Most people ignore stuff from nutbags.

    Often times, but sometimes at their peril.

    Quoted message said:


    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

  19. B Lafferty said:

    He claims to have evidence in the form of specific doping that he witnessed
    and assisted in and/or was told about by other riders on specific teams
    (eg.Dave Clinger of Postal). It won't take much time or money to sit down
    with him, question him in detail, type up a transcript and ask him to attest
    to its truthfulness with an attestation clause.

    And then what?

    Let's say both Brooks and Clinger say he's full of [censored]. What happens next?
    Throw them in the pond and if they drown you know they're innocent? Wait
    for Walsh to write a book about it? And then wait for him to publish it in
    English?

    Bob Schwartz
    [email hidden]

  20. "Bob Schwartz" <[email hidden]> wrote in message
    news:[email hidden]...

    Quoted message said:
    B Lafferty said:

    He claims to have evidence in the form of specific doping that he
    witnessed
    and assisted in and/or was told about by other riders on specific teams
    (eg.Dave Clinger of Postal). It won't take much time or money to sit down
    with him, question him in detail, type up a transcript and ask him to
    attest
    to its truthfulness with an attestation clause.

    And then what?

    Let's say both Brooks and Clinger say he's full of [censored].

    That might be the end of it--it depends on what was allegedly told to
    Decanio.

    Quoted message said:

    What happens next?

    All depends on what he says. You can't tell until you sit him down and ask.

    Quoted message said:

    Throw them in the pond and if they drown you know they're innocent?

    I'd go for ordeal by fire. Let them hold red hot iron bars in their hands.
    If they're telling the truth, God will prevent them from being burned. If
    the hands burn, they have another chance to tell the truth.

    Quoted message said:

    Wait
    for Walsh to write a book about it? And then wait for him to publish it in
    English?

    Silly Bob.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.