DeCanio's secret recording

Bro Deal

Jun 26, 2006
This is the recording of the conversation between DeCanio and Suzanne Sonye that was just removed from the stolen underground. It explains the Leogrande situation and how Rock Racing knew about what was going on. The link is a torrent on the Pirate bay, so you will need a BitTorrent client.

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4044474

Just listened to it on YouTube. Now we know why USADA is targeting him. His soigneur made an anonymous tip. I'm guessing Maurice Suh sent a tersely-worded letter to Stolen Underground.

kennf said:
Just listened to it on YouTube. Now we know why USADA is targeting him. His soigneur made an anonymous tip. I'm guessing Maurice Suh sent a tersely-worded letter to Stolen Underground.
will you post the link?

She's a former racer, and must know that if you talk to Decanio, the chances of it remaining private are slim to none. It could be that they took it off SU at her request, but it's definitely out of the bag now.

That should clear up any illusions anyone might have had that Rock Racing represented the "new cycling".

thoughtforfood said:
I am pretty sure that here, they were never given that moniker.

Here is the story on velonews: http://www.velonews.com/article/72828
Thank god to all who come late to this thread, please just read the article rather than listen to the rambling incoherent nonsense of the SU interview. The soigneur sounds like she takes meth.

plectrum said:
Thank god to all who come late to this thread, please just read the article rather than listen to the rambling incoherent nonsense of the SU interview. The soigneur sounds like she takes meth.
She didn't sound that bad to me, but then again most of my friends are on meth so I'm probably just used to it. She was likely nervous because she knew she was being taped recorded.

Look, you don't go to DeCanio and just start talking. It's not like, "Hey Matt, what's up? So, the other day I was in the team bus and Kayle comes up to me..." This guy is the megaphone of megaphones. He's going to shout anything -- substantiated or not -- from the highest mountain top. You'll notice that he was not mentioned in the Velonews article, likely because he is not a reliable source. He's a starting point at best.

It's not that surprising to me that national level riders are doping. Some might believe that they're not because they're not as fast as the fastest, but in reality, the dope doesn't have the same effect and/or their talent isn't as great, but the number of North American riders doping is probably on par with the percentage in the Pro Tour.

I'm telling you, this is going to be a very interesting season in North American racing. I think Rock Racing is going to push the limits of the peloton and force some to push the limits of the doping controls. I might hit a couple media outlets up and get some press credentials.

jimmypop said:
I double - no, triple - dog dare you to assert that on DPF. The dogs of war were unleashed in a thread there in which the premise is that Rock Racing is good for the sport.
I don't know about DPF, but most people here are not under any illusions regarding Rock Racing, especially given how dopers/ex-dopers have gravitated over there.

TheDarkLord said:
I don't know about DPF, but most people here are not under any illusions regarding Rock Racing, especially given how dopers/ex-dopers have gravitated over there.
and when Ball describes doping as a mistake, a problem to be handled internally, and to understand the dynamics of it. WFT?

You lay out the doping anthropology in training camp, say this is how it occurs, why it occurs, why it is banned. You even make a case for why it should be legalised. When you have laid it all out bare on the table, then you institute your policy on doping and give no illusions why it is not allowed in your team. Even if it is HGH and will never show up, even under a closed circuit, and no one knows. No, this is why, the team is clean. Doping is not a mistake, it is committing a fraud.

There, you explain it in no uncertain terms, you even give a reason why it should be legalised and the counter argument, a dialectic if you will. This is not to be ambiguous, and a wink, wink, nod nod, don't see anything, see no evil hear no evil. It is about comprehensively educating them. If you only give one side of the argument, it looks one sided, and if they explore the other options they may well dope without you being aware, which is not what you want.

But a mistake. Nope, doping is premeditated and orchestrated to cheat. You educate your riders first, before looking into "reasons". Ball is a fricken idjit.