Decathlon Bikes...anybody?

Kieran

Guest
Does anybody know anything about these bikes..
The 8.2 Rockrider won best bike last year in WMB.
Spec for this year has added Hayes discs all for a little over £800
Am seriously considering cancelling my Orange Evo4 Ltd disc an getting one
of these instead an saving myself over £100.

---

On Fri, 09 Apr 2004 22:52:42 +0100, Kieran wrote:

> Does anybody know anything about these bikes..
> The 8.2 Rockrider won best bike last year in WMB.
> Spec for this year has added Hayes discs all for a little over £800
> Am seriously considering cancelling my Orange Evo4 Ltd disc an getting one
> of these instead an saving myself over £100.

These days anyone with some money can churn out Taiwanese generic frames
and hang a bunch of parts off them.

Do yourself a favour and stick with your UK handbuilt Orange. It will
stand you in better stead.

--
Matt

Fear of a flat planet

Kieran wrote:
> Does anybody know anything about these bikes..
> The 8.2 Rockrider won best bike last year in WMB.
> Spec for this year has added Hayes discs all for a little over £800
> Am seriously considering cancelling my Orange Evo4 Ltd disc an
> getting one of these instead an saving myself over £100.

Cant help with the bike.
We have a series of Decathlon shops in the UK, I believe its a
French company, selling medium to low grade sports stuff at
low prices.
OK if you know your stuff, but just dont ask the staff - they're
recruited as money takers with no product knowledge or
social skills.