Decent Midlands shops open on a Sunday?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Paul Hutchings, Jul 12, 2003.

  1. As subject really, still thinking of getting a bike and need to go out and look - some years back I
    went to leisurelakes near Nottingham, but I don't remember how big a range they had on display.

    I'm at Lichfield, so Birmingham, Stafford, Derby, Coventry, are all withing range - I'd sooner make
    a longer trip if there's a bigger range on display.

    At present I think I'm looking mostly at Specialized and maybe Scott (I admit that at present looks
    are playing a part).

    regards Paul
    --
    paul <at> spamcop.net

    Tags:

  2. Cd

    Cd Guest

    On 12 Jul 2003 11:54:48 GMT, Paul Hutchings <[email protected]> wrote:

    >As subject really, still thinking of getting a bike and need to go out and look - some years back I
    >went to leisurelakes near Nottingham, but I don't remember how big a range they had on display.

    Graham Read in Netherfield Nottingham. They say they are the biggest in the midlands, but I don't
    know how true that is. Quite a decent range on display, but I don't think they do the brand you
    mentioned. This is their site: www.bikesnbits.com Get there early if you plan on taking it away with
    you tomorrow as they need an hour or two to get the bike ready for you. If you find a bike you like,
    make sure you haggle over the price & try & get some extras thrown in for free (Computer, mudguards,
    bottle etc.) it does work, believe me.

    Cheers

    CD

  3. Paul Hutchings <[email protected]> wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > I'm at Lichfield, so Birmingham, Stafford, Derby, Coventry, are all withing range - I'd sooner
    > make a longer trip if there's a bigger range on display.

    any other suggestions please?

    regards Paul
    --
    paul <at> spamcop.net