Decided about a frame

"Anthony Sloan" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur1.jpg
>
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur2.jpg
>
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur3.jpg
>
> There is aready one chunk of cheeziness, no disc hore route point at the fore end of the bike.
> What's the deal with that?
>
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blurcheeze.jpg
>
> I'll ride and report soon.

I'll be waiting for the report. Very nice bike...a stealth Blur. Oh and you can get a hyd. hose clip
that bolts into the cable stop.
http://www.cambriabicycleoutfitters.com/brakes/problem_solvers_hydraulic_bra ke_line_guides.htm

Mike

Anthony Sloan wrote:

> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur1.jpg
>
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur2.jpg
>
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur3.jpg
>
> There is aready one chunk of cheeziness, no disc hore route point at the fore end of the bike.
> What's the deal with that?
>
> http://www.anthonysloan.com/blurcheeze.jpg
>
> I'll ride and report soon.

> My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.

Sweet bike! You'll love it. Here's a pics of mine after a ride a couple of weekends ago.

http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00001.JPG
http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00002.JPG
http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00003.JPG

Eric Lafferty wrote:
> Anthony Sloan wrote:
>

>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur1.jpg
>>
>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur2.jpg
>>
>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur3.jpg
>>
>>There is aready one chunk of cheeziness, no disc hore route point at the fore end of the bike.
>>What's the deal with that?
>>
>>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blurcheeze.jpg
>>
>>I'll ride and report soon.

>>--
>>My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.
>

> Sweet bike! You'll love it. Here's a pics of mine after a ride a couple of weekends ago.
>
> http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00001.JPG
> http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00002.JPG
> http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00003.JPG

Thats like exactly the bike I want (I looked at the other pics too), except mine is going to have an
XT drivetrain instead, and XT disc brakes (and wheels, of course). How are you liking it?

Jon Bond

Jonathan Bond wrote:

> Eric Lafferty wrote:
> > Anthony Sloan wrote:
> >

> >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur1.jpg
> >>
> >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur2.jpg
> >>
> >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blur3.jpg
> >>
> >>There is aready one chunk of cheeziness, no disc hore route point at the fore end of the bike.
> >>What's the deal with that?
> >>
> >>http://www.anthonysloan.com/blurcheeze.jpg
> >>
> >>I'll ride and report soon.

> >>--
> >>My hands are full of thorns but I can't quit groping for the rose.
> >

> > Sweet bike! You'll love it. Here's a pics of mine after a ride a couple of weekends ago.
> >
> > http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00001.JPG
> > http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00002.JPG
> > http://www.eandsweb.com/bikes/pics/blur/PIC00003.JPG
>
> Thats like exactly the bike I want (I looked at the other pics too), except mine is going to have
> an XT drivetrain instead, and XT disc brakes (and wheels, of course). How are you liking it?
>
> Jon Bond

I'm loving it! There's not a lot bad to say about it. It climbs as well as my hardtail, handles
well, and descends unbelievably. The rear end absorbs a lot more than I expected. I rode a URT bike
for a while and gave up and went back to a hardtail. This is so much better. Even in slow technical
situations the bike excels, which I really didn't expect. It smoothes out large bumps like there was
nothing there. I'm sure Fox's shock has a lot to do with this. It's very plush on any size bump I've
hit (note: I'm not a free rider).

The only complaint is a low BB height makes it fairly easy to catch a pedal in bumpy sections.
Otherwise I'd not change a thing.

In the race that covered the bike in mud, I wore through a set of brake pads (I know, I know, disks
are better... but after buying the frame I was out of money) and managed to fill the right shifter
with enough mud that I had to pull it apart to make it work again. The pivots never gave me a
problems during the race, or afterwards.

I've not ridden enough high-end suspension designs to compare it to others, but I'd buy this bike
again in a minute.

I like the IH instead of the SC. Now thats been around and seen some dirt. Do you got to get down
and lock and unlock the hubs still.

Fire up MTB 03