Decisions, decisions.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    There is a ride tomorrow from the Toby, Reading, to Sparsholt, a brisk 90 miler. I usually take the
    wedgie on CTC rides and I've never done more than 50 in a single ride on the 'bent, but I wonder...

    Or maybe I should keep the 'bent in reserve for the following week's century?

    Hmmmm.

    Guy
    ===

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > There is a ride tomorrow from the Toby, Reading, to Sparsholt, a brisk 90 miler. I usually take
    > the wedgie on CTC rides and I've never done more than 50 in a single ride on the 'bent, but I
    > wonder...

    Is that because your longer rides happen to be group rides and you like to be on the same sort of
    bike when in the pack? Otherwise, I'm suprised, because the comfort factor for long rides would be
    greatest reason I would go 'bent.

    ~PB

  3. Just Zis Guy

    Just Zis Guy Guest

    On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:56:51 +0100, "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

    >> I usually take the wedgie on CTC rides

    >Is that because your longer rides happen to be group rides and you like to be on the same sort of
    >bike when in the pack?

    Correct. A club ride is very much a social thing.

    Guy
    ===

  4. Tony W

    Tony W Guest

    > Correct. A club ride is very much a social thing.

    But if your on a bent it gives everyone else the opportunity to look down on you :)

  5. Andyk

    Andyk Guest

    > There is a ride tomorrow from the Toby, Reading, to Sparsholt, a brisk 90 miler. I usually take
    > the wedgie on CTC rides and I've never done more than 50 in a single ride on the 'bent, but I
    > wonder...
    >
    > Or maybe I should keep the 'bent in reserve for the following week's century?
    >
    > Hmmmm.
    >
    > Guy
    > ===

    Don't do it, you'll make your poor friends feel inferior :)