Decisions, decisions.

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Just Zis Guy, Jun 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

There is a ride tomorrow from the Toby, Reading, to Sparsholt, a brisk 90 miler. I usually take the
    wedgie on CTC rides and I've never done more than 50 in a single ride on the 'bent, but I wonder...

Or maybe I should keep the 'bent in reserve for the following week's century?

Hmmmm.

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
    notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
    between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
    the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

Tags:

2. Pete Biggs

Pete Biggs Guest

Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:
    > There is a ride tomorrow from the Toby, Reading, to Sparsholt, a brisk 90 miler. I usually take
    > the wedgie on CTC rides and I've never done more than 50 in a single ride on the 'bent, but I
    > wonder...

Is that because your longer rides happen to be group rides and you like to be on the same sort of
    bike when in the pack? Otherwise, I'm suprised, because the comfort factor for long rides would be
    greatest reason I would go 'bent.

~PB

3. Just Zis Guy

Just Zis Guy Guest

On Sat, 28 Jun 2003 16:56:51 +0100, "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

>> I usually take the wedgie on CTC rides

>Is that because your longer rides happen to be group rides and you like to be on the same sort of
    >bike when in the pack?

Correct. A club ride is very much a social thing.

Guy
    ===
    ** WARNING ** This posting may contain traces of irony. http://www.chapmancentral.com Advance
    notice: ADSL service in process of transfer to a new ISP. Obviously there will be a week of downtime
    between the engineer removing the BT service and the same engineer connecting the same equipment on
    the same line in the same exchange and billing it to the new ISP.

4. Tony W

Tony W Guest

"Just zis Guy, you know?" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    >
    > Correct. A club ride is very much a social thing.

But if your on a bent it gives everyone else the opportunity to look down on you :)

5. Andyk

Andyk Guest

> There is a ride tomorrow from the Toby, Reading, to Sparsholt, a brisk 90 miler. I usually take
    > the wedgie on CTC rides and I've never done more than 50 in a single ride on the 'bent, but I
    > wonder...
    >
    > Or maybe I should keep the 'bent in reserve for the following week's century?
    >
    > Hmmmm.
    >
    > Guy
    > ===

Don't do it, you'll make your poor friends feel inferior :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.