Road Cycling · Public discussion

Decisions: Racing or touring?

Started by Bobito · · Last activity · 2 posts · 1,270 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Road Cycling
Published
18 December 2003
Last activity
19 December 2003
Original author
Bobito
Posts
2
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,270
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–2 of 2
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums.

    I want a bike for Christmas. What it will mainly be used for it getting to school [4 miles away] as quickly as possible. However, I am keen on touring having done a trip down to Bournemouth this summer, on a Carlton Grand Prix obtained from a dump, which obviously needs replacing. I have been advised by a cycling shop to get the touring bike as racing bikes can't cope with the weight of luggage, but I am in it for the speed, when I'm not staying over in hostels. My dad has said he wouldn't mind having yet another bike for touring when I do it next year... but what do you think I should do? Get the racing bike or get a touring bike?

  2. Why not get an audax type bike ? They are light responsive and will take a reasonable of luggage. Ideal for commuting, touring and fast day runs.
    I have a fast touring bike , that has been used for touring, commuting , rough stuff and time-trials.
    Try St John Street Cycles.
    Good Luck

    Andy

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.