Deda Nera bars - compatibility question?

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by David E. Belche, Jan 26, 2003.

  1. Hello all,

    Just a quick question - are Deda Nera handlebars of a suitable diameter to fit the clamp on an ITM
    Eclypse stem? Just wondering, as I know a lot of Deda Elementi products use an oversize 31mm clamp
    diameter (the Deda website was no help, as the Nera model seems to have been dropped for '03). All
    feedback gratefully received, as ever.

    Thanks in advance, David E. Belcher

    Dept. of Chemistry, University of York

    Tags:

  2. Pete Biggs

    Pete Biggs Guest

    David E. Belcher wrote:
    > Just a quick question - are Deda Nera handlebars of a suitable diameter to fit the clamp on an ITM
    > Eclypse stem? Just wondering, as I know a lot of Deda Elementi products use an oversize 31mm clamp
    > diameter (the Deda website was no help, as the Nera model seems to have been dropped for '03). All
    > feedback gratefully received, as ever.

    Maybe you didn't scroll down enough. Nera bars are on www.dedaelementi.com/cat_racing.asp - they're
    26.0. Eclipse stem (both versions) are listed as 25.6 on the ITM site - which is weird as ITM
    normally use 25.8.

    ~PB

  3. "Pete Biggs" <pLime{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    > Maybe you didn't scroll down enough. Nera bars are on www.dedaelementi.com/cat_racing.asp -
    > they're 26.0. Eclipse stem (both versions) are listed as 25.6 on the ITM site - which is weird as
    > ITM normally use 25.8.

    Thanks for that, Pete - I should've paid more attention! I'm currently using an Eclypse stem with
    3T's THE bars, and didn't have any major difficulty getting it all set up. Sounds as though Nera
    bars should be OK with an Eclypse too.