deda newton stem reversible?

david

Guest
Guys -

Is it okay to flip a stem, specifically a deda newton over so the writing is
upside down? It appears that the stem does not have a SUL similar to salsa.
The stem seems symmetric horizontally besides the inverse angle.

Thanks for the input

David

david wrote:

> Is it okay to flip a stem, specifically a deda newton over so the writi=

ng is
> upside down? It appears that the stem does not have a SUL similar to sa=

lsa.
> The stem seems symmetric horizontally besides the inverse angle.

All threadless type stems are reversible if you don't mind the aesthetics=
=2E

Sheldon "Able Was I Ere I Saw Elba" Brown
| If your bike has drop handlebars, but you |
| rarely or never ride on the drops, it=92s a |
| sure sign that your bike is not properly |
| fitted or is not properly adjusted! |
| See: http://sheldonbrown.com/handsup |
Phone 617-244-9772 FAX 617-244-1041
http://harriscyclery.com
Hard-to-find parts shipped Worldwide

On Sat, 7 Aug 2004 13:21:50 -0400, "david" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Guys -
>
>Is it okay to flip a stem, specifically a deda newton over so the writing is
>upside down? It appears that the stem does not have a SUL similar to salsa.
>The stem seems symmetric horizontally besides the inverse angle.
>
>Thanks for the input
>
>David

Current production Newtons have the writing both ways up
http://www.dedaelementi.com/img/articoli/newton-31_Grande.jpg as clear
an invitation as you could ask for to flip the thing.

Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included
May contain traces of nuts
Your milage may vary