deda or ox platinum

ilovestacy

Jan 23, 2005
Which is a "better" steel. are ther any inherent differences? anything would be helpful.-pc

oh yeah im a fatty. 190. did i screw the pootch by buying a bianchi virata? please put me at ease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ilovestacy said:
oh yeah im a fatty. 190. did i screw the pootch by buying a bianchi virata? please put me at ease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why do lard azzes buy lightweight stuff and then ask the questions or whine when it breaks?

boudreaux said:
Why do lard azzes buy lightweight stuff and then ask the questions or whine when it breaks?
if you'd like we cold lay it all out in Green Bay and see how this lard azz fairs. any non asshole comments?

190 ain't all that "lardy" by my standards. It's "only" 86kg!

I'd be surprised if Dedacciai admitted that 86kg was too heavy for EOM

boudreaux said:
Slow newsday. I was expecting a few more heated responses.

I'd suggest you find a reputable frame builder and ask them. This may prove harder than you think. Otherwise ask Mr Brown (Sheldon Brown).

cameron41 said:
Slow newsday. I was expecting a few more heated responses.

I'd suggest you find a reputable frame builder and ask them. This may prove harder than you think. Otherwise ask Mr Brown (Sheldon Brown).
I bet Sheldon doesn't have a clue on that one either.....eom16.5 was what Bianchi used on on the xl borons and alot of the early ones broke. Bianchi 'fixed' the problem by offering a lifetime warranty, but only to original owner.... There are a number of tubesets that are more 'robust' than oem16.5 that have weight limits of 180 or less. Some of that is manufactureres covering their azzes,and it is also a function of frame size......boudreaux stands by the lard azz comment. Take it or leave it.

\boudreaux stands by the lard azz comment. Take it or leave it.[/QUOTE said:
I notice you didnt respond to a challenge. it would suck to get the hurt put on by a fatty. again to non assholes, i bought a virata. was this problem fixed for these? any experiences. i am serious bordeaux. i have a nice course for skinny punks that i would be glad to lead you on.

boudreaux said:
No sheot....they just drag ya down and sit on ya. :p
or kick your ass and leave you unable to hang on thier wheel! have you heard of power to weight ratio's? apparently not.

ilovestacy said:
or kick your ass and leave you unable to hang on thier wheel! have you heard of power to weight ratio's? apparently not.

I have to point out that not all that are 190lbs are lard asses. I have 5-10 lbs on that and I am very thin, but I am 6'4"...still though the point about someone "heavier" using light equipment and then *****ing when it breaks is very valid. If you have an awesome p/w at that weight, you should be worried about strength and robustness (since .5-1lb off your frame is not going to affect your steller p/w ratio). If it breaks, next time you can get something beefier.

of all the research i did on bikes, i was always told deda 16.5 is the mecca of steel and was very strong. then after(unfortunately) buying my bike, i saw that it was very light weight and possibly not beefy enough for me. are there any experiences with this frame material? specific bike? etc.?

ilovestacy said:
of all the research i did on bikes, i was always told deda 16.5 is the mecca of steel and was very strong. then after(unfortunately) buying my bike, i saw that it was very light weight and possibly not beefy enough for me. are there any experiences with this frame material? specific bike? etc.?
Well, you don't know how to properly research or understand what you researched. 16.5 is 'strong'. Every other top tubing supplier makes stuff that is equally 'strong'.That is only the preamble to the story. Short version is that high tubing strength allows makers to draw it thinner to save weight. The final product may or may not result in a beefier,longer lasting frame. In fact, the higher strength stuff may loose some desirable qualities in the process....It's a playoff of one property against another..... 16.3 is drawn VERY thin . Bottom line is that there are alloys that are less 'strong' that are drawn into more robust tubtesets that even the stoutest lard azz couldn't stress.....Columbus Max drawn from relatively old school nicacrom alloy is but one of them...One could even make a overly stout,but heavy frame from DB generic cromo....Bottom line is you got it.Now go ride the snot out of it.If it breaks, I hear Bianchi has good warranty support.What more do you want?... Cheeze with the whine??

ilovestacy said:
i think you should still answer the question.
WTF difference does it make?You tryng to play internet Dr. Phil? If so get in the lame line.

'Virtual pissing matches' are fun, but why not direct your energy and questions to the shop that sold you the bike? If you're worried and don't want to end up with a warranty hassle why not ask for an exchange?

i like virtual pissing matches. I dont want to ask the bike shop because there i lose the anonymity (sorry for that spelling) and do not want to feel stupid. the store where i bought my bike is actually a sponsor for the team i race with so you can see. i was just looking for a little help.

Bordeaux... i am just wondering if someone could actually put up with you little ***** ass. thats all. no im not playing dr phil, but there is probably a reason for all of your smugness. hint...look between the legs. oh maybe thats where my extra weight comes in.

sorry for that everyone else. just am looking for experiences with this tubing thats ALL.

ilovestacy said:
i like virtual pissing matches. I dont want to ask the bike shop because there i lose the anonymity (sorry for that spelling) and do not want to feel stupid. the store where i bought my bike is actually a sponsor for the team i race with so you can see. i was just looking for a little help.

Bordeaux... i am just wondering if someone could actually put up with you little ***** ass. thats all. no im not playing dr phil, but there is probably a reason for all of your smugness. hint...look between the legs. oh maybe thats where my extra weight comes in.

sorry for that everyone else. just am looking for experiences with this tubing thats ALL.
If you are afraid to ask your LBS because they will think you are a tool, you are surprised that an asshole like Boudreaux or any of a 100 jerks like me aren't going to tell you how it is? You post on a forum asking for opinions and you get them, that is how it works. At only 190lbs you are not that heavy and very unlikely to have any problems...and even if you do, you already have the bike so what is the difference? People may tell you it is strong and that will make you feel good until it breaks, is that better than having people tell you it is weak and then getting rid of a perfectly good bike? Whether it fails or not will have nothing to do with anything anyone says here, you got it, you are stuck with it, just ride it and you will be fine.

If it does break (highly unlikely if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy inside) you can test the warranty like Boudreaux already stated, whereas the poor sap you would unload it on (assuming someone posts a I was just riding along and THWAP! story about your bike to scare you into selling it) couldn't, so ethically it is your duty to try to break it even if it is a POS. ;)