Dedicated cycle commuter

Is he drinking the DOT 3 to stay warm ;-) bill g

--
"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision
that he makes and we should just support that, you know".

I'm a 5-6 day/wk year round commuter, too, on my Ti Rush. We got down to 15 degrees earlier this
week. With a balaklava and enough layers, it's really no big deal EXCEPT for my fingers. Don't
think I can get a "Moose mitt" on around my CF fairing, and I haven't figuted out anything else
that works yet!

Nathan Ti Rush - commuter Ti Aero - weekend fast ride

[email protected] (TBRADSTER) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> You guys are manly! My record is 4 degrees F and -11 windchill. We are in the midst of a cold snap
> in Michigan. Be cold ridin' this weekend!
>
> Brad.

We're not worthy!

It's been below 30 degres for most of the week in DC (16 today) so my Tour Easy and I took the week
off. How do you keep from killing yourself from sliding around on the ice and snow up there in
Vermont? Also, when it's that cold how the heck do you change a flat?

>> [email protected] (TBRADSTER) wrote: You guys are manly! My record is 4 degrees F and -11
>> windchill. We are in the midst of a cold snap in Michigan. Be cold ridin' this weekend!

>John at [email protected] wrote: We're not worthy! It's been below 30 degres for most of the week
>in DC (16 today) so my Tour Easy and I took the week off. How do you keep from killing yourself
>from sliding around on the ice and snow up there in Vermont? Also, when it's that cold how the heck
>do you change a flat?

I cycle year-round in London, Ontario, Canada.

Currently it is -15C (windchill -22C) (0F Windchill -8F) . Later tonight, it will cool down to -18C
for a low and going down to -24C later this week.

There is very little ice on the road, I ride a tadpole trike and get about two flats per year. The
rollers are also getting trike time, a few hours daily ( while watching Star Trek) I will be ice
bike racing on a special course in about three weeks!! ( Hooray!)

Jay <-- xx chromosome = NOT manly!

Jay <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BC2B8512.29317%[email protected]>...
> I cycle year-round in London, Ontario, Canada.
>
> Currently it is -15C (windchill -22C) (0F Windchill -8F) . Later tonight, it will cool down to -
> 18C for a low and going down to -24C later this week.
>
> There is very little ice on the road, I ride a tadpole trike and get about two flats per year.

Jay,

I was going to try to cycle all this winter, but the dreaded thermal inversions set it at Salt Lake
City. The cold is not so much the issue as the polution, particulate matter at 156 ppm where the
warning level is 52 ppm. It is hard to bike while breathing brown, gunky stuff.

I did take my trike into the mountains last weekend, above the gunk and cold, and get in a pretty
but tough ride. What a joy to escape the fog and pollution.

Regarding flats, I go to thorn resistant innertubes in the winter. It slows me down a bit, but so
does the clothing layers and the fairing.

Gary McCarty, Greenspeed GTO, Glum in Salt Lake City

Going to try the Iditarod?
http://icebike.org/
http://users.rcn.com/icebike/
http://users.rcn.com/icebike/Articles/CompletingCircle.htm

Jay wrote:
> I cycle year-round in London, Ontario, Canada.
>
> Currently it is -15C (windchill -22C) (0F Windchill -8F) . Later tonight, it will cool down to -
> 18C for a low and going down to -24C later this week.
>
> There is very little ice on the road, I ride a tadpole trike and get about two flats per year. The
> rollers are also getting trike time, a few hours daily ( while watching Star Trek) I will be ice
> bike racing on a special course in about three weeks!! ( Hooray!)
>
> Jay <-- xx chromosome = NOT manly!

Yea... According to the web page, a technique:

> Get up out of the saddle. You have better body English, and will probably need the power anyway.

Not at all likely on a recumbent. I still own my DF mountain bike, I just cut the rides short.

Chris Champion Vision R40 Specialized Stumpjumper FS