Deep carbon clincher rims for powertap besides Zipp and Hed?

DRAwpt

Dec 14, 2003
Does anyone know of a reasonably priced, carbon, deep (50 mm+), preferably clincher rim to build up a racing/training wheel. I know that HED and ZIPP do it, but I was hoping for a cheaper alternative. I have a Spinergy Tillium rear that has the same problem described in a previous post (too few holes), but I would really like to have a good, strong aero-wheel built up on a Powertap SL hub. Opinions? Maybe the wheels put out by Litespeed could be adapted, I don't know.

RapDaddyo said:
These guys have a few options with PT hubs http://www.wheelbuilder.com/index.asp. I think you'll find you have some choices for deep dish wheels but few (if any) options for discs.
Let me add that I was quite satisfied with my interactions with wheelbuilder.com. Purchased a Zipp 303 PT rear and a Zipp 808 front. After a month the PT computer started acting up and wheelbuilder.com sent me a new one in less than a week after letting them know of the problem. Note I am not affiliated with them, just a happy customer.

Can I also add ... that I'm from Down Under (AU) and ordered from WheelBuilder.com ... and can't give them enough praise.

I love my 808's - and I am now travelling a whole bunch faster.

Regards, Mike Hains