Deep dish race wheels

a1086528

Sep 17, 2004
Hi guys,
Besides Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL what other deep dish race wheels can i get for around the 2k mark?

a1086528 said:
Hi guys,
Besides Mavic Cosmic Carbone SL what other deep dish race wheels can i get for around the 2k mark?

Rolf Vigors can be had for about $850. I love 'em.

Been offered a great deal on a set of 2006 Eurus wheels. How would they compare in a road race/crit to a set of deep dish wheels eg.404,carbone sl?

a1086528 said:
Been offered a great deal on a set of 2006 Eurus wheels. How would they compare in a road race/crit to a set of deep dish wheels eg.404,carbone sl?
I've been looking at these wheels too. Found them new for 619.00 silver finish. Unfortunately I've heard mixed reviews on them? A lot of folks are talking up the Neuvation wheels. The R28 Aero is comperable to the Euros in some estimations??? Here is a picture. www.neuvationcycling.com
r28_aero2_med.jpg

a1086528 said:
98% as good, 50% of the price. IMO they are good wheels, but I will pay the 50% more to get the last 2% (in reality probably only .002%).

I don't think you could go wrong with the Eurus for all around bulletproof wheels...

azdroptop said:
I've been looking at these wheels too. Found them new for 619.00 silver finish. Unfortunately I've heard mixed reviews on them? A lot of folks are talking up the Neuvation wheels. The R28 Aero is comperable to the Euros in some estimations??? Here is a picture. www.neuvationcycling.com
r28_aero2_med.jpg
N=2 is not a good study, but I know two guys who had spokes pull through the hub flange on those (or perhaps another Neuvation) and both are small guys. Maybe a limited defect, maybe not.