Deer Creek water temp for 6/8 race?

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Billx, May 29, 2003.

  1. Billx

    Billx Guest

    Is there a URL for the current water temperature at Deer Creek Ohio State Park? Anyone have an
    educated guess what the water temp. might be on 6/8 given the air temp. has rarely broken 70F
    this month?

    Tags:

  2. John Hardt

    John Hardt Guest

  3. Billx

    Billx Guest

    If I read the graphs right on 5/30 the water temp. was 17C at a depth of 1.5 feet. That's 62.6F...
    still a bit nippy :-(

    "John Hardt" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:BAFD8892.1046%[email protected]...
    > On 5/29/03 8:36 PM, in article [email protected], "BillX"
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there a URL for the current water temperature at Deer Creek Ohio
    State
    > > Park? Anyone have an educated guess what the water temp. might be on
    6/8
    > > given the air temp. has rarely broken 70F this month?
    > >

    > Yup. Try this: <http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/uv?03230900>
    >
    > Central Ohio people may also like this: <http://waterdata.usgs.gov/oh/nwis/uv?03228805>
    >
    > John

  4. John Hardt

    John Hardt Guest

    On 5/31/03 6:52 AM, in article, "BillX" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > If I read the graphs right on 5/30 the water temp. was 17C at a depth of 1.5 feet. That's 62.6F...
    > still a bit nippy :-(

    Yes, but don't overlook the fact that these water temperatures are taken in the stream below the
    dams. So even though the temp is measured 1.5 feet below the stream surface, the source of the water
    is the dam discharge which may be several feet below the reservoir surface.

    I've found the temperature at the beach is usually a few degrees warmer than the temperature
    displayed.

    I also forgot to mention that the "parent" site of those URLs contains water temperatures for a lot
    of bodies of water nationwide.

    See: <http://water.usgs.gov/waterwatch/>

    John