defrancoization

• Thread starter Callistus Valer
  • Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have to do anything to my bike, to make it "english free". I couldn't find a damn thing
except those "cycle sport" mags. So off to the used book store they all went. English free is easy.
I just hope the Italians stay with the Americans, my bike is loaded with Italian stuff.

>> ... and don't forget to dump the statue of liberty into the ocean.
>
> The Statue is the least of it. Without french military and financial aid, it is likely the
> american revolutaion would have failed

> the other **** that goes along with it.

OR worse... you'd be Canadian! (the upside is that we have generally nice teeth).

> No he can't, neither can a large percentage of brainwashed US citizens. But not all of us are
> clueless. The US has been turning out huge numbers of protesters every month now for several
> months. The protests are
getting
> very limited media coverage, and what little there is, highly underestimates what's really
> going on.

I do agree with you. I was at a scientific conference in America last week and the American
scientists I spoke to were all anti-war. I'd not realised how many protesters the US had though. I
liked the quote you sent - it's very true. Our government rejected the importance of the London
anti-war march (biggest public demonstration in UK history) on the basis that the majority of the
population did not attend (crazy, I know). Apparently they think that 1 million marchers is not a
significant statement. What's the use of having a democracy if the elected leaders do not listen to
their voters?

It
> makes one wonder, which one is the despot?

I think that's the one who doesn't use rape for torture or torture children in front of their
parents or send bills to the relatives to the people he killed for the cost of the bullets used to
kill them or ... oh screw it. Why deal with facts when caricatures are so much easier?

In fact, the only UK citizen who appears to want to go to war is
> Blair.

plus the majority of MPs who boted to support Blair. I guess they don't count

> Callistus Valerius wrote:
> > Got rid of the mavics, carnacs and looks. I hope my bike, is French free.
>Stewart Fleming wrote: I look forward to your report of installing US-only made components.

The US will become the world's best track riding nation due to all the practise they'll get riding
fixed gear bikes (and the owner of fixedgearfever.com will become a belated .com millionare).

On the other hand perhaps an invasion of Japan or Italy will become necessary ?

> I don't know why you Americans are all so anti-French- you obviously don't know what the climate
> is like in England. The nation is more anti-war than Chirac. In fact, the only UK citizen who
> appears to want to go to war is Blair. That's why last month we held the biggest ant-war march in
> the nation's history. Check it out lads, you're on your own -http://www.iraqwar.co.uk/index5.htm
>
> Your president needs to get his head our of his ****. If he can tell which end is which that is.

Trust me he can't tell one end from the other. I watched his news conference last night and he is
clearly medicated. No person less articulate has ever held a press conference.

Furthermore, I think the majority of Americans are against the war. I just left the fanciest hotel
in Seattle where I had lunch in the bar. I sat side by side brokers and other wealthy elites. The
conversation I overheard was very skeptical about this war and when those types stop supporting
Republican initiatives, the Republican popular base is clearly gone. My prediction is that Bush will
be out of office before Saddam.

--Keven.

"Keven Ruf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > I don't know why you Americans are all so anti-French- you obviously
don't
> > know what the climate is like in England. The nation is more anti-war
than
> > Chirac. In fact, the only UK citizen who appears to want to go to war is Blair. That's why last
> > month we held the biggest ant-war march in the nation's history. Check it out lads, you're on
> > your own -http://www.iraqwar.co.uk/index5.htm
> >
> > Your president needs to get his head our of his ****. If he can tell
which
> > end is which that is.
>
> Trust me he can't tell one end from the other. I watched his news conference last night and he is
> clearly medicated. No person less articulate has ever held a press conference.
>
> Furthermore, I think the majority of Americans are against the war. I just left the fanciest hotel
> in Seattle where I had lunch in the bar. I sat side by side brokers and other wealthy elites. The
> conversation I overheard was very skeptical about this war and when those types stop supporting
> Republican initiatives, the Republican popular base is clearly gone. My prediction is that Bush
> will be out of office before Saddam.
>
> --Keven.

I am not stating a side here because I don't think this is the place for politics but I can
quarantee you that the majority of Americans are not against the war. The poles all state otherwise.
Remove your own head first before you talk about others..

Danny Callen

> Got rid of the mavics, carnacs and looks. I hope my bike, is French free.

That 's the stupidist thing i've heard of since that kentucky fried idiot diner owner who took
"french fries" off of his menu and replaced it with 'freedom fries".

btw - when you say 'defrancoization' are you refering to 'denazification'?

Getting rid of Franco's facists like Aznar isn't such a bad idea.

> Got rid of the mavics, carnacs and looks. I hope my bike, is French free.

That 's the stupidist thing i've heard of since that kentucky fried idiot diner owner who took
"french fries" off of his menu and replaced it with 'freedom fries".

btw - when you say 'defrancoization' are you refering to 'denazification'?

Getting rid of Franco's facists like Aznar isn't such a bad idea.

BR <[email protected]> wrote:

> In fact, the only UK citizen who appears to want to go to war is
> > Blair.
>
> plus the majority of MPs who boted to support Blair. I guess they don't count

In a Parliamentry system, MPs of the same party must vote how they are told, otherwise they face
expulsion from the party. We have the same strange paradox here in Australia, the largest street
demonstrations in the county's history, but it appears the Prime Minister is the only one who
wants war. We don't have the culture of fear that you Americans have, i.e. your propensity to go
shooting each other domestically and your eagerness to bomb other countries.. No other OECD
country is like this.

> I am not stating a side here because I don't think this is the place for politics but I can
> quarantee you that the majority of Americans are not against the war.

That's a pity but it's hardly surprising. Many US citizens have obviously got used to the way their
country's foreign policy devastates poor nations which get in the way of its wants. It's acceptable
because it's all in the name of "freedom". If anyone needs a regime change right now it's the USA.
Look in the mirror, guys, it's getting scary.

"Rob Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> > I am not stating a side here because I don't think this is the place for politics but I can
> > quarantee you that the majority of Americans are not against the war.
>
> That's a pity but it's hardly surprising. Many US citizens have obviously got used to the way
> their country's foreign policy devastates poor nations which get in the way of its wants. It's
> acceptable because it's all in the name of "freedom". If anyone needs a regime change right now
> it's the USA. Look in the mirror, guys, it's getting scary.
>

YAAWWWNNNNNNNN.............. Wake me up when you guys can pull yours heads our of your political
asses.................... (and know the diff. between Bike Racing & Welt Politik)

-Ken

He only did so after we declared war on Japan (per their treaty).......we could've continued to
financially support the allies with "Lend-Lease"....although, ****** would've been able to help
Japan in the Pacific after he finished off England and Russia in Europe -

However, he did attack Russia after he had signed a "peace" treaty with them (remember, they divided
Poland) - so who knows if ****** would've supported Japan going forward

Like it or not, the US, with its economic power, was the sole reason the Allies defeated the
Axis.......sorry, it is what it is.

"Kurgan Gringioni" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Danny Callen" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > "Rob Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > >
> > > > "How can we expect the French to help us get Hussein out of Iraq,
when
> > > they
> > > > wouldn't even help us get the Germans out of FRANCE!"
> > > >
> > > I don't know why you Americans are all so anti-French- you obviously
> don't
> > > know what the climate is like in England. The nation is more anti-war
> than
> > > Chirac. In fact, the only UK citizen who appears to want to go to war
is
> > > Blair. That's why last month we held the biggest ant-war march in the nation's history. Check
> > > it out lads, you're on your own -http://www.iraqwar.co.uk/index5.htm
> > >
> > > Your president needs to get his head our of his ****. If he can tell
> which
> > > end is which that is.
> > >
> > >
> >
> > We should have left all the Europeans to themselves during World War II. They'd all be speaking
> > German now...
>
>
>
> No choice. ****** declared war on the US after Pearl Harbor.

Joe -

The despot might be the man who financially rewards the families of suicide bombers in Israel -
after they've killed innocent Israeli civilians on a bus, at a holiday celebration, etc.

Where was your outrage when Clinton bombed Iraq, committed troops to Bosnia, etc. WITHOUT
Congressional or U.N. approval?

Bush is protecting American lives - how would you deal with the problem?

"spam hater" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Rob Campbell wrote:
>
> >
> >> "How can we expect the French to help us get Hussein out of Iraq, when
> > they
> >> wouldn't even help us get the Germans out of FRANCE!"
> >>
don't
than
> > Chirac. In fact, the only UK citizen who appears to want to go to war is Blair. That's why last
> > month we held the biggest ant-war march in the nation's history. Check it out lads, you're on
> >
which
>
> Rob,
>
> Many of us have been telling 'Dumbo' the same thing for 6 months now. It makes one wonder, which
> one is the despot? Oh, the one who *ISN'T* hiding behind the American Flag...
>
> Joe
> --
>
> I don't herd cats anymore. All you end up with are scratches and a bunch of ****** off cats.

So the liberal media has done an about-face and chosen not to cover anti-war protests? The protests
are driven by people who simply don't like Bush, Republicans, etc.....and would oppose ANY policy he
chose to pursue. Where was the outrage when Clinton unilaterally bombed Baghdad, an Aspirin Factory
in the Sudan and committed troops to Bosnia all WITHOUT U.N. approval?

By the way, many of your democratic congressmen and senators supported this war by voting for
it!!!!! If you don't think they represented your views properly, don't vote for them next time they
run. Fairly simple.

"one of the six billion" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> "Rob Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> >
> > > "How can we expect the French to help us get Hussein out of Iraq, when
> > they
> > > wouldn't even help us get the Germans out of FRANCE!"
> > >
> don't
> than
> >
> which
> >
>
> No he can't, neither can a large percentage of brainwashed US citizens. But not all of us are
> clueless. The US has been turning out huge numbers of protesters every month now for several
> months. The protests are
getting
> very limited media coverage, and what little there is, highly underestimates what's really
> going on.
>
> "Why of course the people don't want war ... But after all it is the leaders of the country who
> determine the policy, and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a
> democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no
> voice, the
people
> can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is to tell
> them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the
> country to danger."
>
> Hermann Goering, Nazi leader, at the Nuremberg Trials
>
> In his list of governments, Goering omits multinational-run dictatorships posing as democracies.
>

The British Parliament supported using force to remove Saddam by an overwhelming majority. Make your
views known in the voting booth......this is how a democracy works.

"Rob Campbell" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
>
> > No he can't, neither can a large percentage of brainwashed US citizens. But not all of us are
> > clueless. The US has been turning out huge
numbers
> > of protesters every month now for several months. The protests are
> getting
> > very limited media coverage, and what little there is, highly underestimates what's really
> > going on.
>
> I do agree with you. I was at a scientific conference in America last week and the American
> scientists I spoke to were all anti-war. I'd not realised how many protesters the US had though. I
> liked the quote you sent - it's very true. Our government rejected the importance of the London
> anti-war march (biggest public demonstration in UK history) on the basis that the majority of the
> population did not attend (crazy, I know). Apparently they think that 1 million marchers is not a
> significant statement. What's the
use
> of having a democracy if the elected leaders do not listen to their
voters?

The polls clearly contradict your statement.

Answer this question though - was Clinton justified in his UNILATERAL bombing of Iraq? The Sudan?
Military action in Bosnia? Somalia?

Why is it that you are against this military action and not the others mentioned above? If you are
like most democrats in this country - you'd oppose any policy pursued by this administration (even
though a majority of democratic congressmen and senators voted for using force against
Iraq)......How would you solve this Hussein issue? The terrorism threat?

Do you have answers to put forth or just insults?

"Keven Ruf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
don't
than
> >
which
>
> Trust me he can't tell one end from the other. I watched his news conference last night and he is
> clearly medicated. No person less articulate has ever held a press conference.
>
> Furthermore, I think the majority of Americans are against the war. I just left the fanciest hotel
> in Seattle where I had lunch in the bar. I sat side by side brokers and other wealthy elites. The
> conversation I overheard was very skeptical about this war and when those types stop supporting
> Republican initiatives, the Republican popular base is clearly gone. My prediction is that Bush
> will be out of office before Saddam.
>
> --Keven.

Perhaps we should've let the Japanese keep moving in the Pacific back in the forties.....surely
Australia and New Zealand would've fallen quite easily. It's easy to take pot shots at the
US....like it or not, we saved the world at least twice in the last century (Nazism and
Communism).....we share our God endowed wealth with the world through outright aid, loan guarantees,
our support of the World Bank and IMF - the list goes on.......we use capitalism to continually
improve worldwide quality of life by pushing the frontiers in fields like medicine, technology,
communications, finance and so forth.

Our society may not be utopian....but it's done much more good than harm for every human on
the planet.

Perhaps Monroe was right........I don't know.

Never did see your alternative solution to the Iraq mess though.........any thoughts?

"GK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:1friz45.gkmwc1n3m874N%[email protected]...
> BR <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > In fact, the only UK citizen who appears to want to go to war is
> > > Blair.
> >
> > plus the majority of MPs who boted to support Blair. I guess they don't count
>
> In a Parliamentry system, MPs of the same party must vote how they are told, otherwise they face
> expulsion from the party. We have the same strange paradox here in Australia, the largest street
> demonstrations in the county's history, but it appears the Prime Minister is the only one who
> wants war. We don't have the culture of fear that you Americans have, i.e. your propensity to go
> shooting each other domestically and your eagerness to bomb other countries.. No other OECD
> country is like this.

> Iraq)......How would you solve this Hussein issue? The terrorism threat?

"the Hussein issue" is overblown and not directly related to the terrorist threat. Bin Laden is
driven through being a fanatical Muslim and Sadam is atheist. The way America throws it's weight
about in the Middle East is what caused the anti-American feelings which led to 9/11. Bulldozing
Iraq is in no way going to reduce the chances of future terrorist attacks. If anything it will
increase religious fanaticism cross-cultural misunderstanding which led to these attacks in the
first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.