Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by max, Sep 19, 2005.

  1. max

    max Guest

    You should learn to cherish some muscle soreness the next morning
    following a heavy workout as a pasitive indication as to what muscles
    the treining has hit and how hard. But if you feel like you´ve been
    hit by a road-train, that´s no good. So...

    1. Do stretch the musclegroup thoroughly after the workout
    2. Do take cold showers and/or alternate cold/hot (1min/1min)*
    3. Do use those elastic neoprene and/or fabric supports (for the elbow
    etc.)
    4. Do use those gels that relieve pain and inflammation (if needed)
    5. Do take a buffered asetylic acid pill (100mg Disperin) after and/or
    before
    6. If nothing else helps, do train lighter and more often

    *Better yet, take a swim!

    Tags:

  2. In article <[email protected]>,
    "max" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > You should learn to cherish some muscle soreness the next morning
    > following a heavy workout as a pasitive indication as to what muscles
    > the treining has hit and how hard. But if you feel like you´ve been
    > hit by a road-train, that´s no good. So...
    >
    > 1. Do stretch the musclegroup thoroughly after the workout
    > 2. Do take cold showers and/or alternate cold/hot (1min/1min)*
    > 3. Do use those elastic neoprene and/or fabric supports (for the elbow
    > etc.)
    > 4. Do use those gels that relieve pain and inflammation (if needed)
    > 5. Do take a buffered asetylic acid pill (100mg Disperin) after and/or
    > before
    > 6. If nothing else helps, do train lighter and more often
    >
    > *Better yet, take a swim!

    Stretching post-workout drastically reduces it for me, as does getting
    the body warmed up with cardio PRIOR to lifting.

    Cheers!
    --
    Om.

  3. "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "max" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> You should learn to cherish some muscle soreness the next morning
    >> following a heavy workout as a pasitive indication as to what muscles
    >> the treining has hit and how hard. But if you feel like you´ve been
    >> hit by a road-train, that´s no good. So...
    >>
    >> 1. Do stretch the musclegroup thoroughly after the workout
    >> 2. Do take cold showers and/or alternate cold/hot (1min/1min)*
    >> 3. Do use those elastic neoprene and/or fabric supports (for the
    >> elbow
    >> etc.)
    >> 4. Do use those gels that relieve pain and inflammation (if needed)
    >> 5. Do take a buffered asetylic acid pill (100mg Disperin) after
    >> and/or
    >> before
    >> 6. If nothing else helps, do train lighter and more often
    >>
    >> *Better yet, take a swim!
    >>

    > Stretching post-workout drastically reduces it for me, as does getting
    > the body warmed up with cardio PRIOR to lifting.

    Someone just _had_ to respond to this guy. <sigh> Oh, well, here we
    go.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    > Cheers!
    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
    > Nicholson

  4. In article <[email protected]>,
    "Steve Freides" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > In article <[email protected]>,
    > > "max" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> You should learn to cherish some muscle soreness the next morning
    > >> following a heavy workout as a pasitive indication as to what muscles
    > >> the treining has hit and how hard. But if you feel like you´ve been
    > >> hit by a road-train, that´s no good. So...
    > >>
    > >> 1. Do stretch the musclegroup thoroughly after the workout
    > >> 2. Do take cold showers and/or alternate cold/hot (1min/1min)*
    > >> 3. Do use those elastic neoprene and/or fabric supports (for the
    > >> elbow
    > >> etc.)
    > >> 4. Do use those gels that relieve pain and inflammation (if needed)
    > >> 5. Do take a buffered asetylic acid pill (100mg Disperin) after
    > >> and/or
    > >> before
    > >> 6. If nothing else helps, do train lighter and more often
    > >>
    > >> *Better yet, take a swim!
    > >>

    > > Stretching post-workout drastically reduces it for me, as does getting
    > > the body warmed up with cardio PRIOR to lifting.

    > Someone just _had_ to respond to this guy. <sigh> Oh, well, here we
    > go.
    >
    > -S-

    Sorry, is "max" a troll?
    --
    Om.

  5. "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > In article <[email protected]>,
    > "Steve Freides" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> "OmManiPadmeOmelet" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]

    >> > Stretching post-workout drastically reduces it for me, as does
    >> > getting
    >> > the body warmed up with cardio PRIOR to lifting.

    >> Someone just _had_ to respond to this guy. <sigh> Oh, well, here we
    >> go.
    >>
    >> -S-

    > Sorry, is "max" a troll?

    He's got a bunch of messages in a row, all new threads started by him,
    all instructing us how to do this or that. I don't know that "troll" is
    the right word but it's something like that. Read his other messages
    and decide for yourself.

    -S-
    http://www.kbnj.com

    > --
    > Om.
    >
    > "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a son-of-a-bitch." -Jack
    > Nicholson

  6. max

    max Guest

    you are most definetely entitled to your opinion. But

    1. My advice is merely suggestions that are meant to be helpful. if you
    try them you might fid them to be effective. If not, so be it.
    2. My advice is useful and correct, to the best of my knowledge. I
    think a lot of experts (if not "experts") would aree.
    3. I am not off topic

    So, is a troll a person who does (ocasionally) contribute to a group
    with his/hers sound advice that is on topic? If so, the I am quilty.

    And if you mean "a lot of this has been said many times before", then I
    must agree. It most probably has. It is really not anything new. Do you
    only post when you have something useful to say that nobody has said
    before? If so, your posts are a very rare occasion in deed.

    And my previous posts do not "need" ansvers, since thay are "kinda"
    articles or "how-to's". But I do (of course) welcome discussion and
    ideas. Especially if it is not of the "you are a moron" kind. Thats not
    very constructive. At least the person should explain to me (and
    possibly others) the reasoning behind his conclusion. So, if you think
    I am a moron or a troll, feel free to elaborate on the subject.

  7. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

  8. WillBrink

    WillBrink Guest

  9. max

    max Guest

    You need to go to a doctor to check your medication, boy!