Delivery Time On New Colnago Frames

ALAN OBRIEN

Jan 23, 2004
HI GUYS HOWS IT GOING? ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT WOULD NORMALLY TAKE FOR A NEW FRAME TO BE DELIVERED ONCE ORDERED FROM COLNAGO? I ORDERED MY FRAME AROUND THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER AND AM STILL TO HEAR ANYTHING BACK FROM THE SUPPLIER (OTHER THAN "ITS ON THE WAY"). ANY INFORMATION GRATEFULLY RECEIVED.

All I can say is be prepared to wait.I ordered mine in August and only recieved it in December so you may still wait a while.I dont think it matters who you go through either.It could be worse...I've heard stories of people waiting a YEAR for a De Rosa King carbon frame!

The wait just makes the ride all the sweeter once you have it!

Originally posted by HandyAndy
All I can say is be prepared to wait.I ordered mine in August and only recieved it in December so you may still wait a while.I dont think it matters who you go through either.It could be worse...I've heard stories of people waiting a YEAR for a De Rosa King carbon frame!

The wait just makes the ride all the sweeter once you have it!
HANDY ANDY, JUST SPOTTED YOUR BIKE IN THE THREADS, LOOKS LIKE ONE SWEET RIDE.

If you're in the USA and going thru the guys in Houston, good luck. After a couple of missed "be in this Friday" promises, we got a "it'll be here for sure this Friday". When asked why we should believe them after the past missed dates, they said, and I quote, "but we MEAN it this time !!!"

It took about a month longer than origianlly promised to get my C-50.........

Originally posted by ALAN OBRIEN
HANDY ANDY, JUST SPOTTED YOUR BIKE IN THE THREADS, LOOKS LIKE ONE SWEET RIDE.

Thanks Alan. I really do like it.I've wanted to own a colnago for such a long time now especially since everyone who owns or has owned a colnago seem to have nothing but good things to say about it.It really is the bike of my dreams and I know you will love yours once you get it.

By the way, what are you specing it out with?

Thanks Alan. I really do like it.I've wanted to own a colnago for such a long time now especially since everyone who owns or has owned a colnago seem to have nothing but good things to say about it.It really is the bike of my dreams and I know you will love yours once you get it.

By the way, what are you specing it

i hope so, if it ever gets here. going with last years ultegra group, still using time equipe mag's, ksyrium ssc sl, hutchinson carbon comp, itm colnago stem( same as millenium, just like the look of it), millenium bars and seat post and a colnago hoskar saddle.
actually, you'll see the frame im waiting on if you visit the colnago website, it's the active frame(LX14 colour).
you never know, imight someday manage to post my little colnago on the cf site( again if i ever get it).
alan

I ordered two C40s in October, received them in late November, about 6-8 weeks max. One had not been built yet (51cm), and was done very quickly. The other, a 58cm, was already made, but took longer than the other one -- it got lost in the paint shop!

I bought mine via Maestro in the UK (I am in California). Cheaper and excellent service. I think they have a better connection to the Italian factory than anyone in the US.

hi all,
just been informed by my lbs that my colnago is on the way and i will have delivery by next friday. once again, i would lke to thank everyone for all their help. it was very much appreciated.
alan.

HI GUYS, ALAN HERE AGAIN, JUST BEEN TOLD BY RECEIVED AN E-MAIL FROM COLNAGO, THEY'VE JUST INFORMED ME THAT THERE'S ANOTHER DELAY WITH MY FRAME.
APPARENTLY, THEY'VE JUST OPENED UP A NEW PAINT SHOP TO DEAL SPECIFICALLY WITH THE ACTIVE FRAMESETS, AND THEY'RE HAVING "TEETHING PROBLEMS" WITH THEIR NEW SETUP. COLNAGO HAVE SAID THAT I COULD BE WAITING FOR ANOTHER 3 TO 4 WEEKS BEFORE I RECEIVE DELIVERY OF MY FRAME.
I DUNNO ABOUT YOU GUYS, BUT IM STARTING TO GET SERIOUSLY ****** OFF.
IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM, OR HAD SAME PROBLEM?

Originally posted by ALAN OBRIEN
HI GUYS HOWS IT GOING? ANYBODY GOT ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT WOULD NORMALLY TAKE FOR A NEW FRAME TO BE DELIVERED ONCE ORDERED FROM COLNAGO? I ORDERED MY FRAME AROUND THE MIDDLE OF DECEMBER AND AM STILL TO HEAR ANYTHING BACK FROM THE SUPPLIER (OTHER THAN "ITS ON THE WAY"). ANY INFORMATION GRATEFULLY RECEIVED.

I order my CT-1 frame from Competitive Cyclist just last month and received it two weeks later. Maybe it depends on what model frame you're purchasing? Don't know but I was surprised to read from the other threads that sometimes it takes up to 6 months!

I ordered my frame through Maestro-uk.com .The owner Mike was very helpful and did tell me that you often have to wait for the frames.I expected the worst so about 6 months, but I recieved mine in 3. You have to remember that colnago dont pump out frames like a taiwanese factory(although I've heard that some of their bikes are made in the east).

The painting would be a huge factor as I would imagine that this is where the delay would occur.

I know this doesnt really help you at all but at the shop they should have told you to expect delays.

I ordered my frame through Maestro-uk.com .The owner Mike was very helpful and did tell me that you often have to wait for the frames.I expected the worst so about 6 months, but I recieved mine in 3. You have to remember that colnago dont pump out frames like a taiwanese factory(although I've heard that some of their bikes are made in the east).

The painting would be a huge factor as I would imagine that this is where the delay would occur.

I know this doesnt really help you at all but at the shop they should have told you to expect delays.

I ordered my bike through Trialtir at my LBS. Ordered it last Friday and they said that it should be here (in CA) on Wednesday or Thursday. Luckily my frame size was in stock.

As far as the "being built in Taiwan", I just had that same conversation with the guy at my LBS. I was told the same by another company's rep yesterday. My LBS guys went to the Interbike show and Ernesto Colnago, himself brought the subject up. He stated "emphatically" that the frames are STILL built in Italy. That's one of the reasons they may take so long.