Delurking again

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Zeusifer, Mar 2, 2004.

  1. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.

    Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    256.6/180.4/179

  2. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within
    > 1.4 lbs of goal again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179

    Good work Glen. I too am fighting the maintenance portion of the plan. I went over enough thast I
    had to pay last week for the first time since Dec. good to see you taking control again.

    --
    Chris Started Weight Watchers February 2002:
    332.4/187.8/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03

  3. Chris

    Chris Guest

    "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within
    > 1.4 lbs of goal again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179

    Good work Glen. I too am fighting the maintenance portion of the plan. I went over enough thast I
    had to pay last week for the first time since Dec. good to see you taking control again.

    --
    Chris Started Weight Watchers February 2002:
    332.4/187.8/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03

  4. Zoe Brown

    Zoe Brown Guest

    I was 17 stone. lost 6 stone and am now 13.5 stone (1 year later) it is hard but keep trying,you
    have done well to notice the problem...

    This thing will only work if we learn to eat like "normal" people, out obsession does not help.

    "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179
    >
    > --

  5. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome back, and good job on re-losing those pounds!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179
    >
    > --

  6. how wonderful for you to share that you struggled and are now winning, Lee
    Zeusifer <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179
    >
    > --

  7. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Welcome back.

    "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179
    >
    > --

  8. Ah yes, the "remove my pants" Glen B. Welcome back!

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:58:44 GMT, "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    >have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    >gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    >goal again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179

    Linda P
    232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  9. Welcome back and good luck!

    Brenda

    "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179
    >
    > --

  10. Fred

    Fred Guest

    It definitely is a LIFETIME issue, isn't it. Thanks for coming back and sharing the trials,
    tribulations and renewed success. Best of luck keeping with it.

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:58:44 GMT, "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    >have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    >gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    >goal again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179

  11. Skiur

    Skiur Guest

    Welcome *back*
    Julie
    "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    > gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179
    >
    > --

  12. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Nice to see you back amongst us, Glen. Don't ever be embarrassed - we all have our ups and downs,
    along with the lack of control issues. Sure sounds like you are once again under control though. If
    I read your post correctly, you lost 33.5 pounds in 2 months? Wow, that is superb! I am wondering
    though about those quick weight losses. First time through ww you lost close to 80 pounds in 7
    months, now 33+ in 2 months ... I know we all want to lose the weight fast, but I also think the
    faster you lose it, the harder you have to work to keep it off as those *good* habits and lessons
    haven't had as much time to sink in and become automatic. You can do it though, just remain focused
    and diligent. You already know this isn't going to be an easy task, and those old demons are just
    waiting for us to give in ... don't let them take control again. <G>

    Joyce

    On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:58:44 GMT, "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    >have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I
    >gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    >goal again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    >

    > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > 256.6/180.4/179

  13. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Actually I was 9 pounds below goal when I stopped going to meetings so I have lost 25 lbs in the
    last 2 months (not 33 lbs). My job is extremely labour intensive and it helps with the weight loss.
    But it is so easy to fall into old habits that even a physical job cannot counteract overeating.
    This time, I hope I have my old demons under control for good.

    --
    Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    256.6/180.4/179

  14. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Thanks Chris
    "Chris" <[email protected]@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in
    > news:[email protected]:
    >
    > > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > > have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had it licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03
    > > I gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within
    > > 1.4 lbs of goal again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    > >

    > > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > > 256.6/180.4/179
    > >

    > Good work Glen. I too am fighting the maintenance portion of the plan. I went over enough thast I
    > had to pay last week for the first time since
    Dec.
    > good to see you taking control again.
    >
    > --
    > Chris Started Weight Watchers February 2002:
    > 332.4/187.8/185 Lifetime since 12/13/03

  15. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Thanks Nathalie.Good to see you are still going strong.
    "Nathalie W" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Welcome back, and good job on re-losing those pounds!
    > --
    > Nathalie from Belgium
    > 134.1/101.1/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    > 295.6/222.8/minigoal 220.3/Goal 150 pounds RAFL 105.3/101.4/96 Kg
    > 232/222.8/212 lbs "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed
    of
    > > the lack of control I have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had
    it
    > > licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I gained 35 pounds. I
    finally
    > > went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    > goal
    > > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    > >

    > > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > > 256.6/180.4/179
    > >
    > > --

  16. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Thanks Lee. It feels good to be back in control
    "Miss Violette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > how wonderful for you to share that you struggled and are now winning, Lee Zeusifer
    > <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed
    of
    > > the lack of control I have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had
    it
    > > licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I gained 35 pounds. I
    finally
    > > went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    > goal
    > > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    > >

    > > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > > 256.6/180.4/179
    > >
    > > --

  17. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    That's me!
    "Prairie Roots" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ah yes, the "remove my pants" Glen B. Welcome back!
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:58:44 GMT, "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > >have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had
    it
    > >licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a
    > >New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > >again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    > >

    > > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > > 256.6/180.4/179
    >
    > Linda P
    > 232/159.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  18. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Thanks Brenda
    "Brenda Hammond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Welcome back and good luck!
    >
    > Brenda
    >
    > "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed
    of
    > > the lack of control I have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had
    it
    > > licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I gained 35 pounds. I
    finally
    > > went back to WW as a New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    > goal
    > > again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    > >

    > > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > > 256.6/180.4/179
    > >
    > > --

  19. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Good for you too Fred for staying below your goal all this time
    > It definitely is a LIFETIME issue, isn't it. Thanks for coming back and sharing the trials,
    > tribulations and renewed success. Best of luck keeping with it.
    >
    > On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 10:58:44 GMT, "Zeusifer" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Hello all. I haven't been posting for months because I was embarrassed of the lack of control I
    > >have. Since I had gotten to goal, I thought I had
    it
    > >licked. OH NO! Between July '03 and Dec '03 I gained 35 pounds. I finally went back to WW as a
    > >New Years resolution and now am within 1.4 lbs of
    goal
    > >again. Congrats all who are here because this thing really works.
    > >

    > > Glen B. Started Sept 9/02 Reached goal Mar 24/03
    > > 256.6/180.4/179

  20. Zeusifer

    Zeusifer Guest

    Thank you Julie