Delurking

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Keyboarder, Feb 6, 2004.

  1. Keyboarder

    Keyboarder Guest

    Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
    newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
    tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.

    Carol

    ---

  2. EXCELLENT! Welcome to this amazing group of losers and lifetimers.

    Prairie Roots On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:18:14 GMT, "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
    >newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
    >tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    >Carol
    >

    >---

  3. Connie

    Connie Guest

    Welcome to ASDWW, Carol!! Congrats on losing 8.4 lbs, that is a great start!! Keep posting!!

    Connie

    --

    Cheers,

    Connie Walsh

    241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

    keyboarder wrote:
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on
    > this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some
    > great tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  4. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
    > newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
    > tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.

    And I'm proud of you too Carol. Hope I can do as well.
    --
    Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
    250/248/225 (first goal)

  5. Hi Carol. Welcome aboard this great newsgroup. You certainly have a right to be proud of yourself -
    Congratulations. May there be many more of them down the drain. Elaine K

    keyboarder wrote:

    >Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
    >newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
    >tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    >Carol
    >

    >---

  6. Lesanne

    Lesanne Guest

    Yea you :)! and welcome

    "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  7. Bird

    Bird Guest

    Although I am not new to weight watchers I have just joined back and am on
    my second week. Glad you have come out of lurkdom and have joined our
    group.
    My first week was an amazing 5.2 # loss and this week with all it's
    challenges, I will be happy with a loss! But I am still working hard to
    stay OP. Good luck and happy to have you onboard.
    Bird
    need to lose 45#
    "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  8. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Welcome and congratulations on the two week losses.

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:18:14 GMT, "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
    >newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
    >tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    >Carol
    >

    >---

  9. Themom1

    Themom1 Guest

    Welcome to the group, Carol. Hope you enjoy your journey.

    --
    Helen

    Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
    of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

    <>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

    http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

    225/187.4/145

    "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  10. Kate Dicey

    Kate Dicey Guest

    keyboarder wrote:

    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on
    > this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some
    > great tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >
    > ---

    Yay you, indeed! Well done - and welcome!

    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

  11. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Hi Carol! I'm sure you've seen it before, but here's your own personal copy
    of the welcome notice. You've done really well over the past few weeks -
    keep it up ... erm ... down :)

    Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
    Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
    want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

    In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
    (Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

    Amberle3's Challenges:

    HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

    NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

    THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

    RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
    http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

    Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

    Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

    How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
    allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
    on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
    allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
    a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
    150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
    fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

    To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
    http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

    The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
    from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
    them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
    special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
    used on the day they are earned.

    If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
    There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

    Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

    Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
    different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
    Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
    handle all of these programs.

    Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
    participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
    of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
    advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
    just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
    as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
    works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
    newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

    Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

    Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
    http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

    "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  12. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Welcome, Carol, and great that you delurked! This is indeed a wonderful group and all my friends
    here have been a key factor in losing the 72 pounds I already lost. You 'll get lots of support,
    recipes, encouragement, and even the occasional kick in the b*tt, if necessary!

    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.102/212 lbs "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  13. I Williams

    I Williams Guest

    Carol,

    Welcome to a great newsgroup! Congrats on the loss of 8.4 pounds Irma "keyboarder"
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  14. Lynne

    Lynne Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:18:14 GMT, "keyboarder"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    I'm proud of you too! Great work sistah!

    Lynne

    >Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
    >newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
    >tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    >Carol
    >

    >---

  15. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Welcome aboard and good job on losing 8.4lbs in 2 weeks.

    "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  16. excellent work, welcome to this group, it is a wonderful place, Lee
    keyboarder <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  17. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Wow Carol... YAY YOU! Congrats on being so successful in only 2 weeks! YEAH!

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/239.4/172

    "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
    all
    > of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
    > and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
    > have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
    >
    > Carol
    >

    > ---

  18. Keyboarder

    Keyboarder Guest

    Hi, it is me again. I just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful people who welcomed me and
    showed their support for my losses. I had my third weigh in on Saturday morning and had lost another
    1.8 lbs bringing my total thus far to 10.2 lbs. I look forward to spending quality time here getting
    and giving encouragement when needed. Thanks again everyone

    Carol
    206.2/196/140

    ---

  19. you are doing excellent, Lee
    keyboarder <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi, it is me again. I just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful people who welcomed me and
    > showed their support for my losses. I had my third weigh in on Saturday morning and had lost
    > another 1.8 lbs bringing
    my
    > total thus far to 10.2 lbs. I look forward to spending quality time here getting and giving
    > encouragement when needed. Thanks again everyone
    >
    > Carol
    > 206.2/196/140
    >

    > ---

  20. You're doing very well. Stick with it. WW works! Prairie Roots
    232/163.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003