Delurking

Keyboarder

Guest
Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.

Carol

---

EXCELLENT! Welcome to this amazing group of losers and lifetimers.

Prairie Roots On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:18:14 GMT, "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
>newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
>tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
>Carol
>

>---

Welcome to ASDWW, Carol!! Congrats on losing 8.4 lbs, that is a great start!! Keep posting!!

Connie

--

Cheers,

Connie Walsh

241.5/205.5/155 RAFL 210.5/205.5/198.5

keyboarder wrote:
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on
> this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some
> great tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

"keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in

> My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
> newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
> tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.

And I'm proud of you too Carol. Hope I can do as well.
--
Richard Since 1938 JLFAMXUIRWQA(at)spammotel(dot)com
250/248/225 (first goal)

Hi Carol. Welcome aboard this great newsgroup. You certainly have a right to be proud of yourself -
Congratulations. May there be many more of them down the drain. Elaine K

keyboarder wrote:

>Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
>newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
>tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
>Carol
>

>---

Yea you :)! and welcome

"keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:GjSSb.4596$Zi2.374@edtnps84...
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

Although I am not new to weight watchers I have just joined back and am on
my second week. Glad you have come out of lurkdom and have joined our
group.
My first week was an amazing 5.2 # loss and this week with all it's
challenges, I will be happy with a loss! But I am still working hard to
stay OP. Good luck and happy to have you onboard.
Bird
need to lose 45#
"keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

Welcome and congratulations on the two week losses.

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:18:14 GMT, "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
>newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
>tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
>Carol
>

>---

Welcome to the group, Carol. Hope you enjoy your journey.

--
Helen

Thanks be unto God for His wonderful gift: Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God is the object
of our faith; the only faith that saves is faith in Him

<>< ><> www.peagramfamily.com http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/MY_WEIGHT_WATCHERS.html

http://www.mompeagram.homestead.com/RECIPES.html

225/187.4/145

keyboarder wrote:

> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on
> this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some
> great tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>
> ---

Yay you, indeed! Well done - and welcome!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Hi Carol! I'm sure you've seen it before, but here's your own personal copy
of the welcome notice. You've done really well over the past few weeks -
keep it up ... erm ... down :)

Welcome to this great newsgroup where you'll receive lots of support, advice, and encouragement.
Once a week on Sundays, I post a list of links that newcomers to asdww might find useful. You may
want to look for that later in the week, or do a backwards search for last Sunday's post.

In the meantime, here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ our welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

Frequently seen acronyms on this NG: NSV = Non-Scale Victory WOE = Way of Eating WOL = Way of Life
(Living) OP = on Points or On Program DH = Dear or Darling Husband
DS/DD/DGD/etc = Dear or Darling Son, Daughter, Granddaughter, etc WI = Weigh-in

Amberle3's Challenges:

HHH - Happy Healthy Holidays Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/hhh.htm

NYNY - New Year, New You Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/nyny.htm

THTP - Take Heart, Take Part Exercise Challenge: http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/thtp.htm

RafL - Resolutions are for Losers Weight Loss Challenge:
http://www.angelfire.com/me4/travelgirl/rafl.htm

Other acronyms: http://www.wwlissa.com/dwlz100+/100+acronyms.htm

Here's a short synopsis of the USA program by Joyce -

How many points you can eat is only based on your current weight, as you lose weight those points
allowed will decrease (logic is that your body will need less to operate). At 183 pounds and based
on the new US flexpoints system, you will have a set point target of 24. In addition to this you are
allowed 35 flexpoints to be used throughout the week ... as well as any activity points you earn on
a particular day. When your weight drops to 175, your target drops to 22 points ... weight reaches
150, target once again drop to 20 points. 3 servings of dairy of recommended per day, 5 servings of
fruit and veggies, minimum of 6 glasses of water.

To calculate food and activity points, I love this computer desktop calculator ...
http://www.zythra.com/downloads/points.exe

The basic plan is easy. Eat at least your minimum daily number of points. Points do not carry over
from day to day. You are allotted 35 weekly flexpoints to be used at your discretion ... can divide
them up and use daily (would be an additional 5 points per day) or save them and use them for a
special occassion during the week. Activity points are earned based when exercising, but can ONLY be
used on the day they are earned.

If you can afford $15/month, the online ww program might be a great thing for you to look into.
There is lots of information available, as well as the food point database and journaling system.

Joyce WW starting weight: 228.8 - 2/5/02 current weight: 133.3 Lifetime: 4/4/03

Please note that if you live in onther countries (UK, Australia, NZ, Europe), the Points plans are
different. The UK and Australia/NZ calculate points based on saturated fat and total kilojoules.
Most of Europe calculates based on total fat and total kilojoules. The desktop calculator above can
handle all of these programs.

Disclaimer: As an unmoderated Usenet newsgroup, asdww is unusual in that most of the people who
participate are respectful, considerate folks who freely share their experience with and knowledge
of WW, weight loss, and maintenance. Yet occasionally, spammers, trolls, and flamers show up to post
advertising, false information, insults, and the like. Nearly all of the time, people like this are
just trying to yank someone's chain. Most of the regulars on this newsgroup offer their experience
as a suggestion to try if you're stuck, but are quick to advise that each person has to find what
works for him/herself. If someone posts something that doesn't sound right to you, ask the
newsgroup, ask your WW leader, or ask your health professional.

Much success on your weight loss journey! WW works!

--
Julie.
93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (Personal) kg

Here's our FAQ: http://www.didian.com/asdww/ and welcome notice:
http://www.geocities.com/welcomenotice/index.html

"keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:GjSSb.4596$Zi2.374@edtnps84...
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

Welcome, Carol, and great that you delurked! This is indeed a wonderful group and all my friends
here have been a key factor in losing the 72 pounds I already lost. You 'll get lots of support,
recipes, encouragement, and even the occasional kick in the b*tt, if necessary!

--
Nathalie from Belgium
134.1/101.4/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
134/1.102/212 lbs "keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

Carol,

Welcome to a great newsgroup! Congrats on the loss of 8.4 pounds Irma "keyboarder"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:GjSSb.4596$Zi2.374@edtnps84...
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 18:18:14 GMT, "keyboarder"
<[email protected]> wrote:

I'm proud of you too! Great work sistah!

Lynne

>Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading all of the posts on this
>newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive and have some great
>tips. In my first two weeks I have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
>Carol
>

>---

Welcome aboard and good job on losing 8.4lbs in 2 weeks.

"keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:GjSSb.4596$Zi2.374@edtnps84...
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

excellent work, welcome to this group, it is a wonderful place, Lee
keyboarder <[email protected]> wrote in message
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

Wow Carol... YAY YOU! Congrats on being so successful in only 2 weeks! YEAH!

--

~Kristin O~
272/239.4/172

"keyboarder" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:GjSSb.4596$Zi2.374@edtnps84...
> Hi, My name is Carol and I joined WW two weeks ago. I have enjoyed reading
all
> of the posts on this newsgroup and felt it was time to introduce myself. You all are so supportive
> and have some great tips. In my first two weeks
> have lost a total of 8.4lbs. I am so proud of myself. Yea me.
>
> Carol
>

> ---

Hi, it is me again. I just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful people who welcomed me and
showed their support for my losses. I had my third weigh in on Saturday morning and had lost another
1.8 lbs bringing my total thus far to 10.2 lbs. I look forward to spending quality time here getting
and giving encouragement when needed. Thanks again everyone

Carol
206.2/196/140

---

you are doing excellent, Lee
> Hi, it is me again. I just wanted to say thank you to all the wonderful people who welcomed me and
> showed their support for my losses. I had my third weigh in on Saturday morning and had lost
> another 1.8 lbs bringing
my
> total thus far to 10.2 lbs. I look forward to spending quality time here getting and giving
> encouragement when needed. Thanks again everyone
>
> Carol
> 206.2/196/140
>

> ---

You're doing very well. Stick with it. WW works! Prairie Roots
232/163.6/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003