demeaning to monkeys if you ask me

but i've been using that signature since before you had your first, oh, never mind...

anyway, here are the basics on the republican party relevent to post reconstruction re civil rights, anyone who studied in matters historical will acknowlege the shifting sands have rendered the republican party of today without the merit of, or connection to, that of the times of lincoln.

www.alternet.org/story/21004

desert_RAT said:
It's demeaning to the memory of President Lincoln that you use his quote in your signature.

You realize he was the 1st republican (modern definition) president......right?

That's always the case, that today's GOP-sters like to compare themselves to Lincoln, when in actual fact, Abe was hardly like any of the lying crooks that call themselves "Republicans" now.

Merely claiming, "I'm a Repub just like Lincoln was" does not make one the same as he. Talk is cheap and labels are free; it's their deeds that have told the tale.

this story is relevant:
"How the GOP Became God's Own Party"

By Kevin Phillips
Sunday, April 2, 2006; Page B03

Now that the GOP has been transformed by the rise of the South, the trauma of terrorism and George W. Bush's conviction that God wanted him to be president, a deeper conclusion can be drawn: The Republican Party has become the first religious party in U.S. history.

We have had small-scale theocracies in North America before -- in Puritan New England and later in Mormon Utah. Today, a leading power such as the United States approaches theocracy when it meets the conditions currently on display: an elected leader who believes himself to speak for the Almighty, a ruling political party that represents religious true believers, the certainty of many Republican voters that government should be guided by religion and, on top of it all, a White House that adopts agendas seemingly animated by biblical worldviews.
...Over a quarter-century of Bush presidencies and vice presidencies, the Republican Party has slowly become the vehicle of all three interests -- a fusion of petroleum-defined national security; a crusading, simplistic Christianity; and a reckless credit-feeding financial complex. The three are increasingly allied in commitment to Republican politics. On the most important front, I am beginning to think that the Southern-dominated, biblically driven Washington GOP represents a rogue coalition, like the Southern, proslavery politics that controlled Washington until Abraham Lincoln's election in 1860

Kevin Phillips is the author of "American Theocracy: The Perils and Politics of Radical Religion, Oil, and Borrowed Money in the 21st Century" (Viking).
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6040100004.html?nav=most_emailed_emailafriend

Wurm said:
That's always the case, that today's GOP-sters like to compare themselves to Lincoln, when in actual fact, Abe was hardly like any of the lying crooks that call themselves "Republicans" now.

Merely claiming, "I'm a Repub just like Lincoln was" does not make one the same as he. Talk is cheap and labels are free; it's their deeds that have told the tale.
Well the fact is if your party had it's way years ago, we would still have slaves.

As far as all republicans being "lying crooks."

Please. Maybe if you had a job that paid more than $8/hr you wouldn't be so bitter.

GO ***** TO YOUR QUEEN. You voted fo.......Oh wait. Never mind.

LOL,LOL :D:eek::eek::eek::D:D:D:D

IdahoohadI said:
As far as all republicans being "lying crooks."
1. Name one that isn't, and/or

2. Name one that has consistently not supported this criminal regime by their votes in Congress since 2000, and/or

3. Name one that has consistently stood for true conservatism (as opposed to the Neo Con agenda) through their votes in Congress, and/or

4. Name one Repig that has actually stood for the Constitution - which is what they took an oath to defend - rather than goosestepping to the Bu$hCo party line. The 9/11 "investigation", domestic spying/wiretapping, and falsely entering into a war on Iraq are just a few examples.

Uh huh. That's what I thought. Case closed.

IdahoohadI said:
Maybe if you had a job that paid more than $8/hr you wouldn't be so bitter.
Making a lot of assumptions there, aren't ya Skippy?

But since you mention it, you're admitting that the Repigs don't consider hard-working Americans to be worthy of support, right? Only those who sit on their asses and collect their living through tax giveaways and corporate welfare need apply, hmmm?

Wurm said:
Making a lot of assumptions there, aren't ya Skippy?

But since you mention it, you're admitting that the Repigs don't consider hard-working Americans to be worthy of support, right? Only those who sit on their asses and collect their living through tax giveaways and corporate welfare need apply, hmmm?
Your just a bitter loser who thinks the rich should support the poor.

Get a job!

Wurm said:
The 9/11 "investigation", domestic spying/wiretapping, and falsely entering into a war on Iraq are just a few examples.

Uh huh. That's what I thought. Case closed.
The 911 commission was set up to please liberals

All presidents since the 50's have used the same wiretapping methods

Don't you think the war was great. I do. I only hope we get to go into Iran next.:D

Case closed? Look who's in charge. My man Bush. I guess the case was closed on you and yours. Idiot

MountainPro said:
there you go again!
you're
you're
you're
whats so hard about that?
a degree in politics my ****.
Here's another spelling Jor or Jor're

IdahoohadI said:
WTF are you talkin' bout Willis?
I smell a RAT!

lw

IdahoohadI said:
I guess the case was closed on you and yours.
Really? I think not.

The entire seething shitpile called "the Bush Admin." will either be forced out of office in disgrace or wind up behind bars, junior. Cockroach Tom is finding that out right now; next up is Turd Blossom and Scooter-Bwoi.

Meanwhile, you should try to get a grip...on something besides your inadequate penis.

Wurm said:
Really? I think not.

The entire seething shitpile called "the Bush Admin." will either be forced out of office in disgrace or wind up behind bars, junior. Cockroach Tom is finding that out right now; next up is Turd Blossom and Scooter-Bwoi.

Have a nice summer!
It must suck to be you.

I thought during the last presidential election how bitter I would be if Kerry won.............I would be hating life itself.

Kinda like YOU. Ouch:D You have a nice summer. Loser

IdahoohadI said:
Don't you think the war was great. I do. I only hope we get to go into Iran next.:D
Are you or any of your IMMEDIATE FAMILY (wife, husband, son's, & daughters) in or ever have been in the military :confused: I, both of my brothers, & my father were in the military. You're either too old to serve or your sitting at a computer when you should be out killing people for "your man Bush" (in your words :rolleyes: )