Denman Street Walk - new update at walkvancouver.com

Darn. You weren't supposed to notice THAT! I was really looking forward to our Denman walk, and we
were determined to do it, rain or shine. Here's hoping for a sunny day for our next walk ...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com

"Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Yep! That's Vancouver alright. Note the umbrellas and the shiny wet roads. Time for a beer!!!
>

> Bill wrote:
> >
> > NEW Denman Street Walk:
> >
> > http://www.walkvancouver.com/Denman/index.html
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > [email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com

Very observant! We put the coaster there for a little colour ... next time we'll insist on a
matching coaster.

BTW, anyone who quotes from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on their website is OK by me!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com

"Geoff Glave" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Great walk Bill - But I can tell you that ain't Keith's India Pale Ale - I've drunk enough of it
> in my life to know it isn't that colour :)
>
> Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada
>
> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:Di%[email protected]...
> > NEW Denman Street Walk:
> >
> > http://www.walkvancouver.com/Denman/index.html
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > [email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com

In article <[email protected]>,
"Mike O'Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote:

> Excellent Bill. I shall pop round the corner from the Sylvia Hotel as soon as I arrive in June.
> Sunny then?

Hmmm. Perhaps. It's partly sunny here in the West End of Vancouver this (Tuesday) morning, but it
can rain any time at all around here. Rain forest, you know.

June is more likely to be rainy than sunny, say my 22 years here. But you can get lucky. And there
are worse places than the vicinity of the Sylvia on a rainy June day.

Most years, our best (i.e. sunniest) weather is from Folk Festival weekend in mid-July until the end
of September.

But our weather patterns are a bit screwy this year. We had a very dry, warm winter, apparently a
result of the El Nino effect on Pacific Ocean currents. That dissipated around the beginning of
March, and it has been rather rainy ever since. But the temperature has been rising for the past
week and there has bit a bit less rain, or so it seems to me. So who knows when we'll get summer
this year, and how sunny it will be?

The good thing is, this place works rain or shine. Best way to be here for the shine is to
live here.

cheers.

(another) bill

> "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:Di%[email protected]...
> > NEW Denman Street Walk:
> >
> > http://www.walkvancouver.com/Denman/index.html
> >
> > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > [email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com

Wow! You have a great eye. Photo 8 is stunning. The grayscale here and the (appropriately) wildly
saturated colour in photo 4 show you have a really good feel for histograms and tone relationships.
Did you know I write photo software tutorials? You can see them at www.psppower.com - I have an
article in every issue since Dec 2001, except for "Winter 2003".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com "subdude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Great photos - I always enjoy your stuff. Here's another Denman photo for you, from last month:
> http://www.nonstopdesign.com/gallery/vancouver/aat

Yeah, I agree all around. We did the Denman walk in the rain ... but had a great time! There's so
many little shops, restaurants and pubs to pop into you can't help but have fun. (I think Robson
street would be a good rainy day choice too - any street with 2 Starbucks at the SAME corner can't
be too bad!)

http://www.walkvancouver.com/Robson/index.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com

"Bill Van" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>,
> "Mike O'Sullivan" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Excellent Bill. I shall pop round the corner from the Sylvia Hotel as
soon
> > as I arrive in June. Sunny then?
>
> Hmmm. Perhaps. It's partly sunny here in the West End of Vancouver this (Tuesday) morning, but it
> can rain any time at all around here. Rain forest, you know.
>
> June is more likely to be rainy than sunny, say my 22 years here. But you can get lucky. And there
> are worse places than the vicinity of the Sylvia on a rainy June day.
>
> Most years, our best (i.e. sunniest) weather is from Folk Festival weekend in mid-July until the
> end of September.
>
> But our weather patterns are a bit screwy this year. We had a very dry, warm winter, apparently a
> result of the El Nino effect on Pacific Ocean currents. That dissipated around the beginning of
> March, and it has been rather rainy ever since. But the temperature has been rising for the past
> week and there has bit a bit less rain, or so it seems to me. So who knows when we'll get summer
> this year, and how sunny it will be?
>
> The good thing is, this place works rain or shine. Best way to be here for the shine is to
> live here.
>
> cheers.
>
> (another) bill
>

> > "Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:Di%[email protected]...
> > > NEW Denman Street Walk:
> > >
> > > http://www.walkvancouver.com/Denman/index.html
> > >
> > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > > [email protected] http://www.walkvancouver.com

"Bill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> Wow! You have a great eye. Photo 8 is stunning. The grayscale here and the (appropriately) wildly
> saturated colour in photo 4 show you have a really good feel for histograms and tone
> relationships.

Thanks for the kind words Bill, glad you like the photos. The wildly saturated colour is a little
trick with layers and soft light I learned from the guy at urban75.org (he has some great work by
the way). I was just experimenting with it, but I may use it more.

>Did you know I write photo software tutorials? You can see them at www.psppower.com - I have an
>article in every issue since Dec 2001, except for "Winter 2003".

No I didn't know that - I'll check them out - thanks! All the best.