Dent in Frame

JudeChow

May 4, 2006
Today, I noticed a really small dent in th frame of my Norco CRD2. It is a 7005 Aluminum. I never crashed it, and don't know how the dent came to be, I am guessing from the LBS moving it around. But it is about the diameter of 2 brake cables put together, and say 2mm deep? its round. I did a search and seems like when aluminum dents it pretty much garbage, I just got the bike less than 1 month ago. Should I be worried? Its like a ding, and at some angles I can't even see it.

JudeChow said:
Today, I noticed a really small dent in th frame of my Norco CRD2. It is a 7005 Aluminum. I never crashed it, and don't know how the dent came to be, I am guessing from the LBS moving it around. But it is about the diameter of 2 brake cables put together, and say 2mm deep? its round. I did a search and seems like when aluminum dents it pretty much garbage, I just got the bike less than 1 month ago. Should I be worried? Its like a ding, and at some angles I can't even see it.

Ride it, put a sticker over it if it bugs you that much. No worries mate.....

JudeChow said:
It doesn't sound serious. If you're truly concerned about it, bring it to the LBS and ask their opinion.

JudeChow said:
Today, I noticed a really small dent in th frame ..it is about the diameter of 2 brake cables put together, and say 2mm deep? its round.
Strictly speaking, the dent may have caused a weakening of the frame. Practically speaking it's very, very improbable that a dent of that size and with soft contours would be in any way noticeable in terms of performance and durability. Of course location also matters. Mid-tube is a far better place to have a dent than close to a joint.

The dent is where the bottle cage would be on the down tube, I don't know what caused it. Thanks for all the opinion guys.