Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

dent in the wheel

Started by Pat · · Last activity · 3 posts · 572 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
9 March 2008
Last activity
10 March 2008
Original author
Pat
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
572
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I went to go ride this a.m. and noticed a diagonal dent in the side wall of
    my wheel. Not only do I not know how/when it happened, but I need somebody
    to tell me if I can just ignore it. How important is this kind of thing? The
    brakes still work fine....

  2. Pat said:

    I went to go ride this a.m. and noticed a diagonal dent in the side wall of
    my wheel. Not only do I not know how/when it happened, but I need somebody
    to tell me if I can just ignore it. How important is this kind of thing? The
    brakes still work fine....


    Watch the area for cracks and keep watch on the spoke tension balance, especially in that area. I rode over 1,000 miles on a tour with a similar situation. I watched it carefully... maybe it was on my mind to much. When I finished the tour in Portland, Maine I replaced the rim even though it never showed a crack or made any change in spoke tension.... I just wanted to remove the potential problem from my mind.

  3. Pat said:

    I went to go ride this a.m. and noticed a diagonal dent in the side wall of
    my wheel. Not only do I not know how/when it happened, but I need somebody
    to tell me if I can just ignore it. How important is this kind of thing? The
    brakes still work fine....

    Generally not a good thing, but a good close up photo will be needed
    for anyone to give you a reasonable answer.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.