Dental Pain

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Richard Bates, Dec 8, 2003.

  1. This morning at 0630 it was so cold that my teeth started to hurt. My chest felt like it was about
    to implode and the only way I could stop my lips from freezing together was by pretending to be a
    horse making that noise that horses do when they blow air out of a relaxed orbicularis oris muscle
    (if horses have such a muscle).

    I'm tired and I'm going to bed.

    Love and panting from Rich x

    --
    Sig got lost during a reinstall

    Tags:

  2. Richard Bates <[email protected]>typed

    > This morning at 0630 it was so cold that my teeth started to hurt. My chest felt like it was about
    > to implode and the only way I could stop my lips from freezing together was by pretending to be a
    > horse making that noise that horses do when they blow air out of a relaxed orbicularis oris muscle
    > (if horses have such a muscle).

    Were you wearing a scarf?

    > I'm tired and I'm going to bed.
    To bring your orbicularis oculi into action...

    > Love and panting from Rich x
    Did your eyebrows or other hairy bits freeze? I remember when my eyebrows froze...

  3. On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 23:59:07 GMT, in <[email protected]>, Helen Deborah Vecht
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Richard Bates <[email protected]>typed
    [stuff about being cold]

    >Were you wearing a scarf?

    No, cos I find that anything covering my mouth and nose tends to divert water vapour upwards which
    then condenses on my glasses.

    >Did your eyebrows or other hairy bits freeze? I remember when my eyebrows froze...

    Can we have less talk about my hairy bits please? I've never had my eyebrows freeze but I did once
    arrive at work (when I worked for the Body Shop) unable to speak because my mouth was so cold.

    Love and minus 99 degC from Rich x

    --
    Sig got lost during a reinstall

  4. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Nick Kew wrote:

    > Heh! ISTR the cold winter of 1978-9 arriving at school with icicles growing from the eyebrows.
    > Several times that winter, a village on my route was reported as the coldest place in the UK.

    When Judy Leden set the hangliding altitude record (38,900ft!) her eyelids unexpectedly froze closed
    in the first few seconds of her release from the balloon. Since from that altitude it involved a
    steep dive to get speed and lift and they didn't unfreeze for some long time into a two hour flight
    it was apparently a rather scary experience. She had to fly into the sun to navigate and try and
    warm them up and unfreeze them!

    Tony

  5. Nick Kew

    Nick Kew Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, one of infinite monkeys
    at the keyboard of Helen Deborah Vecht <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Did your eyebrows or other hairy bits freeze? I remember when my eyebrows froze...

    Heh! ISTR the cold winter of 1978-9 arriving at school with icicles growing from the eyebrows.
    Several times that winter, a village on my route was reported as the coldest place in the UK.

    --
    Finally, someone takes a stand against Humbug. Three cheers for Austrian shop workers!