Denver Cycling

WIGGUM1

Jun 7, 2007
So I am in the process of moving to Denver, CO. I will be living just southwest of downtown (around Kalamath and 6th for those who know) and was wondering if you all could give me some info on the best roads to ride out of town. Reason I ask is I don't like driving my car and would like to ride out of town but I would like to avoid heavy traffic. Any advice and or resources you may provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, I know this is the place to inquire.

WIGGUM1 said:
So I am in the process of moving to Denver, CO. I will be living just southwest of downtown (around Kalamath and 6th for those who know) and was wondering if you all could give me some info on the best roads to ride out of town. Reason I ask is I don't like driving my car and would like to ride out of town but I would like to avoid heavy traffic. Any advice and or resources you may provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance, I know this is the place to inquire.
I have a friend in Denver, but that fat lazy bum wouldn't know a bike if it hit him in the butt.

Pick up a bike path map when you get there. You can do a 100 mile ride and be on the paths for most of the ride. Denver also has a lot of bike lanes and most drivers seem to respect them. Good Luck!

Take the Cherry Creek trail up to the REI from there head north to 32nd. Go west and it will take you all the way to Golden. I like hitting Lookout mountain filling up my bottles and heading back. I live off 20th by the Rockies stadium it's around 40 miles roundtrip and feels like country riding past Wadsworth. Let me know if you have found any other routes. I moved out here a month ago and thats the best ride I know of.