Denver - ... then on the other hand

Discussion in 'rec.bicycles.rides' started by Chuck Anderson, Dec 2, 2005.

  1. It seems that vocal opposition to the State Patrol's arbitrary law
    making has had an effect.

    The 2500 person limit set by the state patrol on the number of riders
    allowed in an organized ride in the state of Colorado has been postponed
    for a year. (Maybe someone explained to the cops that they don't get to
    make up new laws.)

    http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3273348

    Tags:

  2. "Chuck Anderson" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]
    > It seems that vocal opposition to the State Patrol's arbitrary law making
    > has had an effect.
    >
    > The 2500 person limit set by the state patrol on the number of riders
    > allowed in an organized ride in the state of Colorado has been postponed
    > for a year. (Maybe someone explained to the cops that they don't get to
    > make up new laws.)
    >
    > http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_3273348

    I heard the Lance Armstrong ride was pulling out.
    http://gazette.com/display.php?id=1312536&secid=1 has the story. Maybe
    someone realized the economic impact of all these events not happening vs.
    the cost.

    --
    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    See the books I've set free at:

    Warm Regards,

    Claire Petersky
    See the books I've set free at:

  3. ga_gandalf

    ga_gandalf Guest

    I sent messages to several top government officals, governor etc
    I stated that I had cancellent my 3 week vacation to their state.
    I will miss the ride, now,
    However, I'm now spending my 3 week vacation in Tuscany, Italy