Deore Crank

c3ham

Dec 6, 2003
Hi i was wondering if deore cranks are 8 speed, IG compatible as im thinking of uprading my current alivio crank to lose some weight. i currently have an XT cassette, XT IG chain, SRAM 7.0 rear and front mech and i was just wondering if the deore crank would fit into this setup ok??

Any help would be great

My understanding is that Deore comes in both 8 and 9 speed. When you buy them, make sure to see if they are 8 speed. The vendor shoudl specify that.

Good luck!
thumb.gif

-GWHunt

Edit: Why won't hotlinking the image work?

Originally posted by c3ham
Hi i was wondering if deore cranks are 8 speed, IG compatible as im thinking of uprading my current alivio crank to lose some weight. i currently have an XT cassette, XT IG chain, SRAM 7.0 rear and front mech and i was just wondering if the deore crank would fit into this setup ok??

Any help would be great

Unless someone has old stock you will likely find them in 9 speed only. You CAN use a 9 speed crankset with everything else in your drivetrain being 8 speed. It won't work the other way, but you aren't trying to do that so-no worries! Your new set-up will be great and you'll like the cranks. Ride well and happy holidays.

K.