Deore Disk Brake Caliper Mounting Help Requested

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Chung Fong, Jun 28, 2003.

  1. Chung Fong

    Chung Fong Guest

    Hi,

    I would like to know if anyone can recommend where I can order adapters to mount my new Deore
    mechanical disk brake calipers to:

    '02 Manitou Six Super 100mm fork '01 Jamis Komodo hardtail

    The Jamis frame has the IS mounting tabs, but the screws/bolts supplied with the Deore calipers has
    a washer that is too wide for the recessed mounting tabe on the frame and I can't remove the
    washers. Thanks!

    Chung

    Tags:

  2. B. Sanders

    B. Sanders Guest

    "Chung Fong" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to know if anyone can recommend where I can order adapters to mount my new Deore
    > mechanical disk brake calipers to:
    >
    > '02 Manitou Six Super 100mm fork '01 Jamis Komodo hardtail
    >
    > The Jamis frame has the IS mounting tabs, but the screws/bolts supplied with the Deore calipers
    > has a washer that is too wide for the recessed mounting tabe on the frame and I can't remove the
    > washers. Thanks!

    You should be able to buy replacement bolts of that same size and thread pitch at any hardware
    store. They're quite common. Just don't use a washer when mounting the caliper - it's not required.

    HTH,

    Barry