Deore DX - I screwed up big time

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Smiley, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    While trying to replace a shifter cable on a Deore DX (left-hand - goes to front der), I unscrewed
    the wrong screw, and the top half came off of the unit and a couple of springs came loose, and now I
    have no idea of how to put it all back together. Could anybody point me to a repair diagram on the
    web or a PDF file or web site? Thanks in advance.

    Tags:

  2. Spot T. Rex

    Spot T. Rex Guest

    Here is the URL

    http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/index.phtml "Gary Smiley" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > While trying to replace a shifter cable on a Deore DX (left-hand - goes to front der), I unscrewed
    > the wrong screw, and the top half came off of the unit and a couple of springs came loose, and now
    > I have no idea of how to put it all back together. Could anybody point me to a repair diagram on
    > the web or a PDF file or web site? Thanks in advance.

  3. Gary Smiley

    Gary Smiley Guest

    Thanks - but - this site only contains schematics to current products. The Deore DX is from the
    mid-1990's, and the Shimano site no longer has a PDF file for this model. Anybody else know where I
    can get a schematic drawing?