Deore DX - I screwed up big time

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Gary Smiley, Apr 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Smiley

Gary Smiley Guest

While trying to replace a shifter cable on a Deore DX (left-hand - goes to front der), I unscrewed
    the wrong screw, and the top half came off of the unit and a couple of springs came loose, and now I
    have no idea of how to put it all back together. Could anybody point me to a repair diagram on the
    web or a PDF file or web site? Thanks in advance.

Tags:

2. Spot T. Rex

Spot T. Rex Guest

Here is the URL

http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/index.phtml "Gary Smiley" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...
    > While trying to replace a shifter cable on a Deore DX (left-hand - goes to front der), I unscrewed
    > the wrong screw, and the top half came off of the unit and a couple of springs came loose, and now
    > I have no idea of how to put it all back together. Could anybody point me to a repair diagram on
    > the web or a PDF file or web site? Thanks in advance.

3. Gary Smiley

Gary Smiley Guest

Thanks - but - this site only contains schematics to current products. The Deore DX is from the
    mid-1990's, and the Shimano site no longer has a PDF file for this model. Anybody else know where I
    can get a schematic drawing?

"Spot T. Rex" wrote:

> Here is the URL
    >
    > http://www.shimano-europe.com/cycling/index.phtml "Gary Smiley" <[email protected]>
    > wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > While trying to replace a shifter cable on a Deore DX (left-hand - goes to front der), I
    > > unscrewed the wrong screw, and the top half came off of the unit and a couple of springs came
    > > loose, and now I have no idea of how to put it all back together. Could anybody point me to a
    > > repair diagram on the web or a PDF file or web site? Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.