Depression

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by curt, Jan 16, 2005.

  1. curt

    curt Guest

    Well, it has come to my attention that people feel I am depressed. I would
    have to say, yes I am at the moment. That doesn't mean I need to run off
    and get meds or seek help. People have good times and bad times.
    Considering what I have been through in the past year and a few months I
    feel I am doing very well. My mother died a little over a year ago, my dog
    had cancer and cost me over $5K USD for treatment and I am not having any
    luck finding a job or someone to share my life with. Does that sound
    depressing? Of course it does. That doesn't mean that things won't change.
    My diet is going fair, which in the past I would be up huge amounts of
    weight while dealing with this. My social life other than volleyball,
    cycling, gym and bagpiping is drinking. I love a good beer and am believe
    it or not a very happy drinker. It has a very positive effect on my brain
    even though it is supposed to be a depressant. It doesn't have that effect
    on me, it just makes me very happy. I am not drinking now however. Must
    get down another 5 pounds.

    People were getting upset at me due to my recent post regarding France and
    how I view the US. I am on a downer on our country at the moment, which if
    any of you folks watch 60 minutes tonight and saw Andy Rooney found out I am
    not alone. That doesn't mean this way I feel will last forever. So I was
    doing a little venting.

    Sorry, if I have made people upset or caused people to feel down. I will
    try not to get so bent on here.

    Many people are doing great on their diets and maybe we can get some new
    people here and help them reach their goals even though JC chases countless
    people away and now we have MU on top of all this.

    Enjoy,
    Curt

    Tags:

  2. curt wrote:

    > Well, it has come to my attention that people feel I am depressed. I
    > would
    > have to say, yes I am at the moment. That doesn't mean I need to run off
    > and get meds or seek help.

    You could have disthymia or mild derpression.
    http://www.nmha.org/infoctr/factsheets/26.cfm

    See a doctor.

    gtoomey

  3. Curt,
    come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    sincerely,
    Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    curt wrote:
    > Well, it has come to my attention that people feel I am depressed. I
    > would have to say, yes I am at the moment. That doesn't mean I need
    > to run off and get meds or seek help. People have good times and bad
    > times. Considering what I have been through in the past year and a
    > few months I feel I am doing very well. My mother died a little over
    > a year ago, my dog had cancer and cost me over $5K USD for treatment
    > and I am not having any luck finding a job or someone to share my
    > life with. Does that sound depressing? Of course it does. That
    > doesn't mean that things won't change. My diet is going fair, which
    > in the past I would be up huge amounts of weight while dealing with
    > this. My social life other than volleyball, cycling, gym and
    > bagpiping is drinking. I love a good beer and am believe it or not a
    > very happy drinker. It has a very positive effect on my brain even
    > though it is supposed to be a depressant. It doesn't have that
    > effect on me, it just makes me very happy. I am not drinking now
    > however. Must get down another 5 pounds.
    >
    > People were getting upset at me due to my recent post regarding
    > France and how I view the US. I am on a downer on our country at the
    > moment, which if any of you folks watch 60 minutes tonight and saw
    > Andy Rooney found out I am not alone. That doesn't mean this way I
    > feel will last forever. So I was doing a little venting.
    >
    > Sorry, if I have made people upset or caused people to feel down. I
    > will try not to get so bent on here.
    >
    > Many people are doing great on their diets and maybe we can get some
    > new people here and help them reach their goals even though JC chases
    > countless people away and now we have MU on top of all this.
    >
    > Enjoy,
    > Curt

  4. AngieRose

    AngieRose Guest

    "curt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Well, it has come to my attention that people feel I am depressed. I

    would
    > have to say, yes I am at the moment. That doesn't mean I need to run off
    > and get meds or seek help. People have good times and bad times.
    > Considering what I have been through in the past year and a few months I
    > feel I am doing very well. My mother died a little over a year ago, my

    dog
    > had cancer and cost me over $5K USD for treatment and I am not having any
    > luck finding a job or someone to share my life with. Does that sound
    > depressing? Of course it does. That doesn't mean that things won't

    change.
    > My diet is going fair, which in the past I would be up huge amounts of
    > weight while dealing with this. My social life other than volleyball,
    > cycling, gym and bagpiping is drinking. I love a good beer and am believe
    > it or not a very happy drinker. It has a very positive effect on my brain
    > even though it is supposed to be a depressant. It doesn't have that

    effect
    > on me, it just makes me very happy. I am not drinking now however. Must
    > get down another 5 pounds.
    >
    > People were getting upset at me due to my recent post regarding France and
    > how I view the US. I am on a downer on our country at the moment, which

    if
    > any of you folks watch 60 minutes tonight and saw Andy Rooney found out I

    am
    > not alone. That doesn't mean this way I feel will last forever. So I was
    > doing a little venting.
    >
    > Sorry, if I have made people upset or caused people to feel down. I will
    > try not to get so bent on here.
    >
    > Many people are doing great on their diets and maybe we can get some new
    > people here and help them reach their goals even though JC chases

    countless
    > people away and now we have MU on top of all this.
    >
    > Enjoy,
    > Curt

    Curt I lost my mom 5 years ago and my dad on Feb 5, 2004 (the day after my
    birthday )
    I'm reading a book that might help its called "How to Survive the loss of a
    Parent" by:
    Lois F. Akner and Catherine Whitney...

    I hope everything starts looking up for you soon.

    Angie

  5. Nicky

    Nicky Guest

    "Darawen Littlestich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Woah! Threat or promise? : )

    Nicky.

    --
    A1c 10.5/5.7/<6 Weight 95/79/72Kg
    1g Metformin, 75ug Thyroxine

  6. Pat

    Pat Guest

    : > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and
    activities
    : > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    : > sincerely,
    : > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk
    :
    : Woah! Threat or promise? : )
    :
    : Nicky.

    Whoa.

    Pat in TX

  7. curt <[email protected]> wrote:

    > I though you would say something more aggressive than this. Can't you see I
    > am feeling down? Don't you want to attack?

    nothing is less attractive than a person who willingly chooses to be a
    victim. you really should look into therapy.

  8. Seattle. Where it's always cloudy and suicide rates are the highest.

    Great place for someone that's depressed.

    --
    Now piss off. You cannot possibly be this stupid and remember to
    breathe. You must be trolling. -- Carmen

    "Darawen Littlestich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk
    >
    > curt wrote:
    >> Well, it has come to my attention that people feel I am depressed. I
    >> would have to say, yes I am at the moment. That doesn't mean I need
    >> to run off and get meds or seek help. People have good times and bad
    >> times. Considering what I have been through in the past year and a
    >> few months I feel I am doing very well. My mother died a little over
    >> a year ago, my dog had cancer and cost me over $5K USD for treatment
    >> and I am not having any luck finding a job or someone to share my
    >> life with. Does that sound depressing? Of course it does. That
    >> doesn't mean that things won't change. My diet is going fair, which
    >> in the past I would be up huge amounts of weight while dealing with
    >> this. My social life other than volleyball, cycling, gym and
    >> bagpiping is drinking. I love a good beer and am believe it or not a
    >> very happy drinker. It has a very positive effect on my brain even
    >> though it is supposed to be a depressant. It doesn't have that
    >> effect on me, it just makes me very happy. I am not drinking now
    >> however. Must get down another 5 pounds.
    >>
    >> People were getting upset at me due to my recent post regarding
    >> France and how I view the US. I am on a downer on our country at the
    >> moment, which if any of you folks watch 60 minutes tonight and saw
    >> Andy Rooney found out I am not alone. That doesn't mean this way I
    >> feel will last forever. So I was doing a little venting.
    >>
    >> Sorry, if I have made people upset or caused people to feel down. I
    >> will try not to get so bent on here.
    >>
    >> Many people are doing great on their diets and maybe we can get some
    >> new people here and help them reach their goals even though JC chases
    >> countless people away and now we have MU on top of all this.
    >>
    >> Enjoy,
    >> Curt

  9. curt

    curt Guest

    I have heard great things about Seattle. They are so much more earth
    conscience out that way. My X doubles partner in tennis lives there and
    loves it. I would imagine it is expensive though. I guess it rains about
    the same amount as Pittsburgh. Probably a little cooler in the summer, but
    warmer in the winter.

    Curt

    "Darawen Littlestich" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk
    >
    > curt wrote:
    > > Well, it has come to my attention that people feel I am depressed. I
    > > would have to say, yes I am at the moment. That doesn't mean I need
    > > to run off and get meds or seek help. People have good times and bad
    > > times. Considering what I have been through in the past year and a
    > > few months I feel I am doing very well. My mother died a little over
    > > a year ago, my dog had cancer and cost me over $5K USD for treatment
    > > and I am not having any luck finding a job or someone to share my
    > > life with. Does that sound depressing? Of course it does. That
    > > doesn't mean that things won't change. My diet is going fair, which
    > > in the past I would be up huge amounts of weight while dealing with
    > > this. My social life other than volleyball, cycling, gym and
    > > bagpiping is drinking. I love a good beer and am believe it or not a
    > > very happy drinker. It has a very positive effect on my brain even
    > > though it is supposed to be a depressant. It doesn't have that
    > > effect on me, it just makes me very happy. I am not drinking now
    > > however. Must get down another 5 pounds.
    > >
    > > People were getting upset at me due to my recent post regarding
    > > France and how I view the US. I am on a downer on our country at the
    > > moment, which if any of you folks watch 60 minutes tonight and saw
    > > Andy Rooney found out I am not alone. That doesn't mean this way I
    > > feel will last forever. So I was doing a little venting.
    > >
    > > Sorry, if I have made people upset or caused people to feel down. I
    > > will try not to get so bent on here.
    > >
    > > Many people are doing great on their diets and maybe we can get some
    > > new people here and help them reach their goals even though JC chases
    > > countless people away and now we have MU on top of all this.
    > >
    > > Enjoy,
    > > Curt

  10. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  11. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  12. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  13. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  14. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  15. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  16. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  17. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  18. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  19. Xtile

    Xtile Guest

    Darawen Littlestich wrote:
    > Curt,
    > come and visit Seattle...it offers many exciting adventures and activities
    > including dancing (of all kinds) and bagpiping too!
    > sincerely,
    > Darawen Littlestich of Mosskirk

    Wow! Bagpiping? Gee!

  20. Xtile