der JAN

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Bart, Apr 21, 2003.

  1. Bart

    Bart Guest

    Is demonstrating his best ever Spring form as we speak...

    Tags:

  2. On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:11:11 GMT, Bart wrote:
    >Is demonstrating his best ever Spring form as we speak...

    Well, not "as we speak" exactly, him having abandoned Aragon. I really am curious about LBL! Looking
    forward to it.

  3. Kongo Bongo

    Kongo Bongo Guest

    "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:11:11 GMT, Bart wrote:
    >>Is demonstrating his best ever Spring form as we speak...
    >
    >Well, not "as we speak" exactly, him having abandoned Aragon. I really am curious about LBL!
    >Looking forward to it.

    "As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.

  4. Dolfy

    Dolfy Guest

    Kongo Bongo <[email protected]> wrote:

    > >Well, not "as we speak" exactly, him having abandoned Aragon. I really am curious about LBL!
    > >Looking forward to it.
    >
    > "As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.

    Indeed very impressive solo..

    --
    Dolfy -Webstek : http://dolfy.50megs.com -"That's OK, it's just a burden always being right." -(John
    Crichton - Farscape)

  5. On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:26:20 +0200, Kongo Bongo wrote:
    >"As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.

    Ah damn, missed that, sorry.

  6. Bart

    Bart Guest

    > Ah damn, missed that, sorry.

    to make it up... have you heard anything more about the Amstel final K ? I mean, if Boogerd was
    going for the win, any DS seeing Vino has gotten a bit too far, would roar into Boogerd's ear to
    attack earlier than with 300 m to go.

    Where they afraid of leading out Lance ?

  7. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Is demonstrating his best ever Spring form as we speak...

    Impressive and surprising. Serious contender for L-B-L? I hope so. Serious contender for the Tour? I
    defenitely hope so.

  8. In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Kenny) wrote:

    > "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Is demonstrating his best ever Spring form as we speak...
    >
    > Impressive and surprising. Serious contender for L-B-L? I hope so. Serious contender for the Tour?
    > I defenitely hope so.

    ANd for all the worries about his being fat, out of shape, etc, he sure doesn't look fat in all the
    photos I've seen. He looks thinner than he has in years!

  9. In article <[email protected]>, "Kongo Bongo" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > "Ewoud Dronkert" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:11:11 GMT, Bart wrote:
    > >>Is demonstrating his best ever Spring form as we speak...
    > >
    > >Well, not "as we speak" exactly, him having abandoned Aragon. I really am curious about LBL!
    > >Looking forward to it.
    >
    > "As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.

    WTG, I saw the photos and it looked impressive. If he can just not get injured again...

  10. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Kongo Bongo" <[email protected]> wrote

    > "As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.

    Who'd he beat?

  11. Allen Foster

    Allen Foster Guest

    To me Ulrich always seems to have a plump face even if the rest of him is in good shape, Sevilla
    is the same.

    On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:42:31 GMT, [email protected] (Marlene Blanshay) wrote:

    >In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] (Kenny) wrote:
    >
    >> "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> > Is demonstrating his best ever Spring form as we speak...
    >>
    >> Impressive and surprising. Serious contender for L-B-L? I hope so. Serious contender for the
    >> Tour? I defenitely hope so.
    >
    >ANd for all the worries about his being fat, out of shape, etc, he sure doesn't look fat in all the
    >photos I've seen. He looks thinner than he has in years!

  12. "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Kongo Bongo" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >
    > > "As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.
    >
    > Who'd he beat?

    doesn't really matter - more of an indicator, not a resume filler.

    It's a vast improvement over his form of previous years at this time.

  13. "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> skrev i meddelandet
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Kongo Bongo" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >
    > > "As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.
    >
    > Who'd he beat?

    Exactly! Armstrong is still the king, and there's no reason for us to worry.

  14. Robert Chung

    Robert Chung Guest

    "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:

    > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote
    > >
    > > "Kongo Bongo" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > >
    > > > "As we speak", der Jan has won the "Rund um Köln" Race, after a impressive 50km Solo.
    > >
    > > Who'd he beat?
    >
    > doesn't really matter - more of an indicator, not a resume filler.

    What kind of indicator would you say it'd be if what he'd won was a fat masters race?

  15. "Oscar Mannheim" <[email protected]> wrote in news:ydZoa.3327$dP1.4207 @newsc.telia.net:

    > Exactly! Armstrong is still the king, and there's no reason for us to worry.

    What stake do "we" have in Armstrong being "the king"? Why should "we" worry?

  16. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Bart" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > Where they afraid of leading out Lance ?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA (choke, gasp, belch)
    HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

  17. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    He'd say, wow!

    "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
    > >
    > > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > >
    > > > "Kongo Bongo" <[email protected]> wrote

    > > > Who'd he beat?
    > >
    > > doesn't really matter - more of an indicator, not a resume filler.
    >
    > What kind of indicator would you say it'd be if what he'd won was a
    fat
    > masters race?

  18. "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Kurgan Gringioni" wrote:
    > >
    > > "Robert Chung" <[email protected]> wrote
    > > >
    > > > "Kongo Bongo" <[email protected]> wrote

    > > > Who'd he beat?
    > >
    > > doesn't really matter - more of an indicator, not a resume filler.
    >
    > What kind of indicator would you say it'd be if what he'd won was a fat masters race?

    I've seen some photos of Jan where it looked like he couldn't even win one of those.

  19. Dave

    Dave Guest

  20. Bob Schwartz

    Bob Schwartz Guest

    Robert Chung <[email protected]> wrote:

    > What kind of indicator would you say it'd be if what he'd won was a fat masters race?

    It'd be an indicator that he's ready to move up to more important races with the US Postal Fat
    Masters team. He looks to be on track for a peak in time for the most important race of the year, US
    Masters Nationals. He's got to stop cherry picking this piddly UCI stuff though.

    Bob Schwartz [email protected]