Der Jan's words of wisdom

wafflycat

Guest
'Der Jan's' blog....

http://www.myspace.com/kaiserjan

Had me laughing, anyhow..

"So ja, Pink Pasta Panties was being looking pretty strong today. Still,
the Jan was only down 5 minutes, and that is being a very good sign this
early in the Jan's preparation. Can the Basso Profundo keep this form until
the late days of July? The Jan is thinking... no."

Cheers, helen s

--

~~
you may need to remove dependence

On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:30:17 +0100, wafflycat quoted:

> 'Der Jan's' blog....

> "So ja, Pink Pasta Panties was being looking pretty strong today. Still,
> the Jan was only down 5 minutes, and that is being a very good sign this
> early in the Jan's preparation. Can the Basso Profundo keep this form
> until the late days of July? The Jan is thinking... no."

So Kaiser Doughnut thinks that being in "early preparation" in mid-May is
good?

Must check the bookies' odds on Basso doing the double!

Mike

Mike Causer wrote:
> On Thu, 25 May 2006 17:30:17 +0100, wafflycat quoted:
>

>>'Der Jan's' blog....

>>"So ja, Pink Pasta Panties was being looking pretty strong today. Still,
>>the Jan was only down 5 minutes, and that is being a very good sign this
>>early in the Jan's preparation. Can the Basso Profundo keep this form
>>until the late days of July? The Jan is thinking... no."

> So Kaiser Doughnut thinks that being in "early preparation" in mid-May is
> good?
>
> Must check the bookies' odds on Basso doing the double!

With the latest news from Spain what are the odds on either of them
riding the Tour? Along with many others....
:-((

Dan Gregory wrote:

> Mike Causer wrote:
>
> > Must check the bookies' odds on Basso doing the double!

> With the latest news from Spain what are the odds on either of them
> riding the Tour? Along with many others....
> :-((

Roll up roll up, come and watch the junkies.
Unfortunately the crowds still flock to watch the Tour :-(

Perhaps if they didn't....

John B

in message <[email protected]>, Dan Gregory
('[email protected]') wrote:

>> So Kaiser Doughnut thinks that being in "early preparation" in mid-May
>> is good?
>>
>> Must check the bookies' odds on Basso doing the double!

> With the latest news from Spain what are the odds on either of them
> riding the Tour? Along with many others....
> :-((

This is so, so, so not funny. We're going to have rumours about whose
names were on those bloody bags trickling out for weeks, and a total
cloud hanging over top level racing. Everyone who is in form is going to
be suspect - despite the fact that the team we know to have been doping,
Liberty Seguros, have achieved nothing whatever.

I really do so much hope that everyone whose in with a shout at le
Tour /is/ clean and can persuasively /show/ themselves to be clean. We
don't need another tarnished hero.

;; Skill without imagination is craftsmanship and gives us
;; many useful objects such as wickerwork picnic baskets.
;; Imagination without skill gives us modern art.
;; Tom Stoppard, Artist Descending A Staircase

Simon Brooke wrote:

> Everyone who is in form is going to
> be suspect - despite the fact that the team we know to have been doping,
> Liberty Seguros, have achieved nothing whatever.

An insurance company trying to skew the outcome in its favour even when
they are on a loser? Whatever next?

> I really do so much hope that everyone whose in with a shout at le
> Tour /is/ clean and can persuasively /show/ themselves to be clean. We
> don't need another tarnished hero.

Two weeks ago they said the Lance Armstrong/L'Equipe enquiry results
would be released in two weeks but I've not seen anything since.
http://sports.yahoo.com/sc/news?slug=reu-armstrongdc&prov=reuters&type=lgns

--
Tony

- Leonardo da Vinci

Simon Brooke wrote:

> cloud hanging over top level racing. Everyone who is in form is going to
> be suspect - despite the fact that the team we know to have been doping,
> Liberty Seguros, have achieved nothing whatever.

What about Saiz's previous teams, like the all conquering Once of the
mid-90s?

--
Arthur Clune

Arthur Clune wrote:
> Simon Brooke wrote:
>
> > cloud hanging over top level racing. Everyone who is in form is going to
> > be suspect - despite the fact that the team we know to have been doping,
> > Liberty Seguros, have achieved nothing whatever.

> What about Saiz's previous teams, like the all conquering Once of the
> mid-90s?

Headed by Alex 'EPO' Zulle?

...d

David Martin wrote:
> Arthur Clune wrote:
>
>>Simon Brooke wrote:
>>

>>>cloud hanging over top level racing. Everyone who is in form is going to
>>>be suspect - despite the fact that the team we know to have been doping,
>>>Liberty Seguros, have achieved nothing whatever.

>>What about Saiz's previous teams, like the all conquering Once of the
>>mid-90s?

> Headed by Alex 'EPO' Zulle?

And Neil Stephen's is not exactly Mr Clean either ....
Manuel Saiz hizo llegar a sus directores, Herminio Díaz Zabala, Marino
Lejarreta y Neil Stephens la confirmación de que el equipo sigue, que la
marcha del patrocinador principal no supone, de momento, que el grupo
desaparezca, por lo que cumplirán con los planes previstos en cuanto a
las carreras en las que tenían previsto acudir. En un principio lo
harán, con los actuales maillots, de los que debería de desaparecer la
firma Liberty.

CSC with Mr 60%
etc etc

David Martin wrote:

> Arthur Clune wrote:
> > Simon Brooke wrote:
> >
> > > cloud hanging over top level racing. Everyone who is in form is going to
> > > be suspect - despite the fact that the team we know to have been doping,
> > > Liberty Seguros, have achieved nothing whatever.

> > What about Saiz's previous teams, like the all conquering Once of the
> > mid-90s?

> Headed by Alex 'EPO' Zulle?

Quite - wasn't there a cloud of suspicion hanging over Saiz himself
during the late '90s after the knock-on effects of the Festina episode?

David Belcher