Derraileur puzzle

martearle

Jun 13, 2003
:confused:
Hello,
I have a Bianchi Gold Race 01 with a Shimano Sora derraileur.
I was replacing the gear cables so I though I might as well take the derraileur off and and give it a clean.
I've put it back on but it is 'bunched up'. I havn't replaced the cable yet and it may have been bunched up all along. Ho should it look?

Thanks Very Much!!!!!

Here is a picture of the derallieur.

Is it installed correctly (gear cable to yet added)

Cheers!

If the chain is on the big chainring, it's too short. Take a couple of links out. Otherwise, if it changes okay, it's okay.

The chain does seem a bit long as it is rubbing on the bottom of the derailleur cage. It also looks like the chain is sagging a little. Maby it is time for a new drive chain? This wouldnt be any different to when you removed the unit for a scrub up. Good luck with it all.

Oh hold on maby the chain isnt as saggy as I 1st thought! The picture is on a bit of an angle:)

If you replace your chain, then you need to replace your cluster as well as they wear at the same time and a new chain/ old cluster combo is bound to give you trouble. You my need to do the chainrings too! Its all starting to add up huh:)

The cost will depend on the quality. A bike shop will be more than happy to tell you the cost.